Chit Chat

WooHoo SCOTUS

13»

Re: WooHoo SCOTUS

• Today, my brother posted on Facebook his support for the SCOTUS ruling.  Most people, myself included, liked his post and made comments in support of it, with one exception: one of my mom and dad's closest friends who decided to be an asshat and claim that I have to "live with the consequences" of the ruling (I'm only too happy to do so) and that the SCOTUS "overstepped its authority" which is complete BS.  He's otherwise a nice guy, but when it comes to politics he's BSC. 

But the SCOTUS made the right decision.  Congratulations to all same-sex couples who now have the option to marry nationwide!

• So excited for everyone down south.  Congratulations American Knotties.  :D

• edited June 2015
    AlisonM23 said:

Love this story...The first couple to get their marriage license here in Columbus are two women who symbolically have gone to the courthouse generally every Valentines day for years to try to get a marriage license. They would bring cookies for the employees and developed a relationship with the workers who always hated having to turn them away.. but they persisted, and today everyone was overjoyed to give them the first license in the county to a same sex couple!

Actually, the employees would apologize for not being able to issue the license and gave cookies to the women bc they got to know them over the years. Today the women brought cookies in for the employees and the place erupted when the baliff said give these women a marriage lisence!

I cried (again) when I read the story :love:
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• @photokitty whoops, you're right :) thanks for clarifying!
  • It does look quite lovely! It's funny, one of the only negative comments I've seen on FB was about how disgusting and wrong this was, "because this house belongs to ALL people."  I was so happy to see that one of my dear friends let it be known that this house DOES belong to all the people, and now, so does marriage.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited June 2015
    @HeatherKat: don't know, don't care. I have always been in support of gay rights. I am thrilled for this day! :-)
    I'm a little late to this, but you really should care. 1) because it's the right thing to do... and 2) because what if y'all have kids and one of the kids is gay? 

Would you not care if your H cast out your kid or his love for the kid hinged on the kid being straight?

I for sure asked my H how he felt about gay marriage when we first met. Intolerance was a dealbreaker for me.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards