Chit Chat

FWP anyone?

It was pouring rain this morning and there was a flash flood where my office is. I get to work and the entire parking lot has about 2 feet of standing water. I tried to park on the highest ground I could find which, of course, was really far away from the building. I then had to wade through this 2 feet of standing water in the pouring rain. 

I had worn ankle boots with socks to stay warm in the nasty weather and of course the water was well above my boots (almost to my knees). So my pants and feet got totally soaked. I took off my boots and socks when I got inside. Just now-- a few hours later-- I put my boots back on to walk to the bathroom and they're still squishing and gushing water (even though I dumped them out a few times). I'm so annoyed. It really sucks sitting here all soggy and barefoot. 

The kicker is that H usually drops me at my office if the weather is this bad, but he's at home with a torn ligament in his ankle from soccer so I keep worrying that he's in pain :( Poor guy. 

Just wanted to whine about that. What's your FWP today? 

Re: FWP anyone?

• I was too cheap to buy a sweatshirt at a concert this weekend and then decided to buy it online. It't not available online. 

I've gone to FOUR concerts this tour and didn't even look at the merchandise until the last one. Now I want to go to Detroit tomorrow.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

not as bad as yours, but I went outside to call my parents and wish them a happy anniversary (43 years) and it sprinkled about 3 times and then was pouring with sunny skies. I ran through the parking lot back to the building and still got soaked.  Great day to actually have done my hair and wear  nice skirt.  I look awful and my clothes are so wet.

• I don't consider having to ford a river to get to your office a FWP!

Mine is that I've bought soooo much crap recently, I'm digging through all my stuff trying to find certain receipts to make some returns while I'm down that way today.

I need to stop buying ANYTHING!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    luckya23 said:

I don't consider having to ford a river to get to your office a FWP!

Mine is that I've bought soooo much crap recently, I'm digging through all my stuff trying to find certain receipts to make some returns while I'm down that way today.

Lol I figured the part where I whine about my ankle boots being squishy classified it as a FWP :P 

And I feel ya on the shopping issue. I struggled with that one last month so I'm trying really hard to do better now. 
  • It's not mine, but this weekend I was at a local fest with my friend who tends to be a little high maintenance. She wanted a drink, but only had 2 drink tickets left so I said to get a water. (Wine was like 6 tickets).

Her response: "I can only drink sparkling water. It's a whole thing." So she got a Coke instead.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • luckya23 said:

I don't consider having to ford a river to get to your office a FWP!

Lol I figured the part where I whine about my ankle boots being squishy classified it as a FWP :P 

And I feel ya on the shopping issue. I struggled with that one last month so I'm trying really hard to do better now. 

I'm trying to undo whatever damage I can :-( Not only did I max a credit card, they let me go $700 over the limit!!!

• hicoco said:

It's not mine, but this weekend I was at a local fest with my friend who tends to be a little high maintenance. She wanted a drink, but only had 2 drink tickets left so I said to get a water. (Wine was like 6 tickets).

Her response: "I can only drink sparkling water. It's a whole thing." So she got a Coke instead.

This just made me laugh!!! It's a whole thing. I love that 
  • LOL, I wish!

There were some legit expenses - I put my car insurance on there, needed a new AC compressor and a wheel bearing for my car, the honeymoon hotel, the wedding weekend hotel, and the vet bills for my dog that passed away.  But there was surely a lot of nonsense too!

I just pulled out boots that I'm going to return to LLBean that I bought in October 2013!

• hicoco said:

It's not mine, but this weekend I was at a local fest with my friend who tends to be a little high maintenance. She wanted a drink, but only had 2 drink tickets left so I said to get a water. (Wine was like 6 tickets).

That is hilarious.

I can't think of anything right now.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I can't take the day off on our first anniversary because several people in the office are already off. 

My manicure is already chipping.

My office is out of paper bowls so I had to eat my oatmeal out of my coffee mug. 

My pandora doesn't understand that new Megadeth sucks. 

I'm a first world trainwreck. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I have a mild headache.

I ran out of conditioner washing my hair this morning.

But aside from that (and a really uncalled for snarky response to a post elsewhere) things have been okay so far today.

• DH was sick all week/weekend with pneumonia. We had plans to go to the beach but that didn't happen. What did happen was lots of laundry and sanitizing the house. Now I'm back and work and I'm exhausted.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• DH isn't going to be able to go on vacation this summer. We are going with his family to the beach in August for a week. His boss had told him in April that he could take vacation at the end of summer since he was starting the Monday after graduation (plus he is salary and is working 60 hours a week right now). Well now, he was told he can have 2 days off but they would rather him take 1 day. 

So now, I'm going to be on vacation with his family for a week while he is working.

• emmaaa said:
    DH isn't going to be able to go on vacation this summer. We are going with his family to the beach in August for a week. His boss had told him in April that he could take vacation at the end of summer since he was starting the Monday after graduation (plus he is salary and is working 60 hours a week right now). Well now, he was told he can have 2 days off but they would rather him take 1 day. 

So now, I'm going to be on vacation with his family for a week while he is working.
    That sucks he can't get off.  I'm not sure I would want to go on vacation with DH's family without him.   But DH's family doesn't do a group vacation, so the situation would never come up.

Now both my SILs have gone to my parent's beach house without my brothers.  They all have kids, so I think it was more so the kids can hang out.  I'm not sure they would have gone alone.

Where are you going?  Do you have to go?   If you only get so much vacation time I would want to cancel so you have the time when he gets off.     

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm too lazy to go downstairs and get my bags from my car. :'(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My right shoulder is killing me, and it's totally my fault. Dislocated it when I was around 12, went to the hospital and they said "eh, it's not too bad, you'll be fine." Months later, my shoulder blade was still sticking out awkwardly and I started PT. Being 12, I didn't stick to it once I had to do it at home. 12 years later...it hurts every day! All the muscles around it have atrophied and I now have uneven shoulders. 12 year-old me is a huge asshat.

Other than that, my main complaints involve food. I have my first dress shopping adventure next week and I've told myself no junk snacking at work and only salads for lunch...waaaaaaah!
  • PERFECT timing for this post!

I just got a call from a friend telling me her parents are in Mexico and have a room for us if we want to fly in tomorrow. I took yesterday off and I'm taking all next week off, despite having 7 weeks of vacation banked I'm not sure how excited my boss would be if I actually went for it.. but I REALLY want to go lay on the beach for only the cost of a flight!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PERFECT timing for this post!

I just got a call from a friend telling me her parents are in Mexico and have a room for us if we want to fly in tomorrow. I took yesterday off and I'm taking all next week off, despite having 7 weeks of vacation banked I'm not sure how excited my boss would be if I actually went for it.. but I REALLY want to go lay on the beach for only the cost of a flight!!!
    Can you do some work while away? Not ideal...but it might make your boss a little less likely to be ticked off!
  • emmaaa said:
    DH isn't going to be able to go on vacation this summer. We are going with his family to the beach in August for a week. His boss had told him in April that he could take vacation at the end of summer since he was starting the Monday after graduation (plus he is salary and is working 60 hours a week right now). Well now, he was told he can have 2 days off but they would rather him take 1 day. 

That sucks, I'm sorry.  DH is at one of the banks, and they're pretty generous with vacation time, yet they also ignore it.  Last year, we were due to leave for the beach on a Friday, and there was some sort of emergency meeting at work that he had to schlepp Uptown for.  I eventually ended up leaving with the kids, and he met us there that night, after the kids were asleep.  Four hours to Hilton Head with a nursing baby and a kid who started getting antsy around Columbia, plus literally the worst downpour I've ever driven through in my life.  He's lucky I let him in when he finally got there.  (<< Very FWP.)

My FWP is that horses are freaking expensive.  News flash, I know.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    PERFECT timing for this post!

can you work next week, or part of next week, instead? That might make work better with it. Is the flight crazy expensive since it is last minute?
  • abcdevonn said:
    PERFECT timing for this post!

Can you do some work while away? Not ideal...but it might make your boss a little less likely to be ticked off!
    I already work remotely so technically I could take off, just work the hours I normally do and nobody would know the difference.. but who wants to spend that much on a flight to Mexico to sit inside and work all day? The impulsive me wants to day F it and ask, the responsible me knows there are too many logistics involved (just got back from a week away, leave next week for a week away, need a dog sitter, money...) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • novella1186, it was totally a her thing to say. We were cracking up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FWP: I'm having a drink with a friend this evening and then she wants to take me to REI to help her pick out some backpacking equipment. I'm obsessed(!) with REI and backpacking equipment but I already have ALL OF IT and have promised to watch my spending so we can save for better things, so I don't get to buy anything today. Boo :(
  • Another FWP:  The vending machine at work was sold out of diet pepsi so I had to settle for a diet coke.  Not cool.

• I just moved into my new office out of the cube farm and I don't have wired internet set up for my computer yet so I have to use the wifi here and it's slow. It's also kind of plain and I really want to decorate but I'm sharing it with someone so I can't exactly go and cover everything in purple like I want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards