Chit Chat

So uh hi

This feels weird. I haven't been on in awhile and wasn't super active when I was on. So a whole "update on me" post seems weird and unneccessary.

But I just wanted to say hi again, give a little update that I am no longer wedding planning as FI and I have broken up. :(

We broke up in May, it's been a little hard but given the circumstances it was for the best. I hold no animosity towards him and I hope we can be friends. Right now I guess we're less friends and more friendly. He's not some asshole who left me and cheated or anything like that. He just came to some realizations that meant our marriage was not going to pan out.

But...in planning the wedding I found I liked some of the wedding stuff. I was never a wedding stuff girl. Anyways I still have friends planning weddings and honestly just kind of missed coming here. So hope no one minds a single lady hanging around. :)

Re: So uh hi

• I am so sorry to hear that! But hopefully it will be better for you in the long run and it's better to find that out now than in 5 years. There are tons of single people here- the more the merrier!!

• I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you stick around.

• I'm so sorry. But it's good to see you're back, I hope you keep hanging out here. 
  • I'm sorry to hear of your break up.     Welcome back.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    Deleted because reasons.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Hugs!  You sound very mature.  Love is not enough.  I'm glad you realized it in time to prevent a lifetime of hurt.
    You are very welcome here!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Oh no - I'm so sorry. All ladies are welcome here. Hugs.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Welcome back.  Hugs about the breakup.  

• Hey - welcome back! 

I'm really sorry to hear about your break up. Stick around and hang with us. :)
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm sorry to hear about your breakup, and wish you the best!
    Stick around, Princess :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm sorry to hear this...  But, welcome back, and stick around!
  • Very sorry to hear that.  I hope you stick around as well.  I've learned this place is about so much more than wedding planning.

I'm sure it's been difficult but you sound like you are doing OK.  As PPs pointed out, it's better to arrive at this conclusion now and save yourself from emotional hardship, divorce, etc. down the line.  

Again, so sorry to hear about the split, sending internet hugs.  
  • I'm sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you are holding up well and keeping a level head. Welcome back!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Sorry about the breakup, but I'm glad it sounds like you are doing well!

Please, stick around!  And welcome back!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not going to say sorry for the break-up since it seems like this was a good thing in the long run.  Good for both of you in recognizing that now AND not being scared to act on it.

Welcome back!
  • I'm sorry to hear about your break up but it would have been devastating to have found out later on that the marriage wouldn't work.  Maybe when the time is right you will meet the guy who sweeps you off your feet.

Stick around!
  • Welcome back- Don't leave, because your username is awesome. Feel free to stick around, a lot of users do even after they break up. My inbox is always open if you want to talk.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Welcome back! It's nice to hear from you again, but I'm sorry about your breakup.  I broke up with my now ex-BF last year too after a 3 year relationship that was headed towards marriage.
  • That happened to me the first time I was engaged. It really made me reflect on "can I do this forever" things!
    Welcome back!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• So what can you tell us about yourself? What are you doing with all your free time? Any furbabies? What's the story behind your user name? What kind of house or you buying?

Since you weren't super active before, let's get to know you! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• So what can you tell us about yourself? What are you doing with all your free time? Any furbabies? What's the story behind your user name? What kind of house or you buying?

Since you weren't super active before, let's get to know you! :)
    I'm fairly boring...most of the time. In my free time I mostly crochet/knit, read, watch a lot of Netflix (like probably too much maybe), wander around home stores and buy nothing, pretend I'm going to clean (no really this is the weekend I will really clean the oh...I need to catch up on Agents of Shield...), go to the library, and go see movies. 

No furbabies....YET. I'm keeping my eye out at the local adoption/rescue places to find the right dog for me. 

My name is Amelia and I go by Mia. So...Princess Mia from Princess Diaries is the Princess of Genovia. And there might have been a time in my life I liked to introduce myself as Ameilia LastName Princess of Genovia. 

And I'm looking at getting a condo or small house. It'll be the first place I buy so not my forever home but my rent is going up, as it always does, and I can buy cheaper and improve my credit rating at the same time. Cause right now I'm in that "You don't have bad credit, you just don't really have credit" land. 
  • What's been on your Netflix watch list? I'm always looking for good recommendations.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    What's been on your Netflix watch list? I'm always looking for good recommendations.
    Well, lets see this weekend I finished bing watching the entire series of OTH. I stopped watching after season...5 I think, so I just finally watched all 9 seasons. And of course OITNB, and that one show Kimmy Shimdt? I think it's called Unbreakable. And I finally got to see season 5 of PLL.

But I've been kind obbessed with the ABC Family shows that are kind of goofy/silly. Like Young and Hungry, Baby Daddy, and Melissa and Joey. They're kind of stupid and clean cut, but they make me laugh and have people I recognize in them too. Oh and the Fosters! I wasn't sure I was going to like it but it totally hooked me in and was awesome. And Switched at Birth. I do not work for ABC Family I swear. Really. Honest.

I really haven't been watching many movies on Netflix. Mostly TV shows.
  • hellohkb said:
    What's been on your Netflix watch list? I'm always looking for good recommendations.
    Well, lets see this weekend I finished bing watching the entire series of OTH. I stopped watching after season...5 I think, so I just finally watched all 9 seasons. And of course OITNB, and that one show Kimmy Shimdt? I think it's called Unbreakable. And I finally got to see season 5 of PLL.

But I've been kind obbessed with the ABC Family shows that are kind of goofy/silly. Like Young and Hungry, Baby Daddy, and Melissa and Joey. They're kind of stupid and clean cut, but they make me laugh and have people I recognize in them too. Oh and the Fosters! I wasn't sure I was going to like it but it totally hooked me in and was awesome. And Switched at Birth. I do not work for ABC Family I swear. Really. Honest.

I really haven't been watching many movies on Netflix. Mostly TV shows.
    Welcome back!

Also, I LOVE The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • OP, do you have any tattoos? Kids? How do you feel about fruit snacks?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Welcome back!

Stick around- singles are welcome too! And take care of yourself while you get used to being single. I like to get into old hobbies- lots of art started while newly single, cook my favorite meals, ponder new tattoos, and watch all of the crap my ex hated.

Enjoy being single!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OP, do you have any tattoos? Kids? How do you feel about fruit snacks?
    I have a few tattoos and went many more (my bank account disagrees with me), 0 kids, and I love fruit snacks. I might have eaten a box of them yesterday. 
  • Might I suggest Bones on Netflix. I may or may not have been binge watching that for the past few weeks....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards