Chit Chat
Options

So uh hi

Re: So uh hi

• Options

ohmrs2014 said:

luckya23 said:

Can we get an explanation of how all this went down? It's only fair to the ladies at The Bump who we had a good giggle at their expense a few months ago...

I've wondered if MI is the same person as their catfish. Weren't their stories similar?

I've posted on TB a few times and I've heard what happened.  It wouldn't surprise me at this point.  I believe that the stories were pretty similar.

Wait, what happened on TB? 

Some chick had one of the month boards going all thru their "pregnancy" with ridiculous "bump pics" and eventually had to steal and post pics of some else's kid.
    I'm on mobile so can't look for link atm. It was reposted on chitchat though.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    luckya23 said:
    This thread was the slip up? Man, I would have expected a bit more "blaze of glory" after all that!
    I think MI knew she was caught and tried to slither back in here undetected. I think she was hoping POG would be loved and and POG could become the regular MI was. 

I have no proof of this, just my own assumptions.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    luckya23 said:
    This thread was the slip up? Man, I would have expected a bit more "blaze of glory" after all that!
    I think MI knew she was caught and tried to slither back in here undetected. I think she was hoping POG would be loved and and POG could become the regular MI was. 

I have no proof of this, just my own assumptions.
    This was my assumption, too. As much as she talked shit about TK, she sure couldn't stay away...
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    AddieCake said:
    Yeah, I found out yesterday that Magic/Vulgar was a suspected catfish when it was posted in TH. I figured she would eventually turn up here as an AE and reinvent herself. At first,when PoG posted, I didn't think anything of it because it wasn't a newb name and I said welcome back. Then the timing seemed suspicious to me, so I deleted it.

And on that topic, I know one of y'all has to be HGF reinvented. I just fucking know it! No WAY she just up and left for over a year!
    Where is it on TH?
  • Options
    I am literally- literally- sitting at my desk with my jaw on the floor, lol.

I was totally had!  Wow.
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    luckya23 said:

I am loving how so many people claimed to have known that Magic/ Vulgar girl was a catfish and yet no one actually stood up and said anything.

I am not ashamed to admit that she fooled me.

And incur the wrath of the devotees? No thanks.
    Speaking as an admitted "devotee" (ugh. I liked her. I stuck up for her when I thought she was right. I guess that means I was basically a cult member), I'm rolling my eyes a little at that. I'm not that scary. Maybe others are? No idea. But it's pretty cowardly to come out now and say the only reason you (and others) didn't say anything was because you were scared to engage in a discussion on the boards about it. Worst case scenario, someone disagrees with you, vehemently, publicly. Best case? It spurs the admins to look into it further, and then you get to be extra super gloaty when those vehement supporters look like total morons for defending a catfish. Win-win.
    This is exactly what I was trying to say and failing at conveying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    KatWAG said:
    @KatWAG - the suspicion was raised a long time ago. We looked into it and tried to prove it but couldn't. Sometimes it's easier to prove what someone IS rather than what they are NOT if that makes sense. 

And, frankly, can you imagine the backlash if we had banned MI/VG because of an unproven suspicion? People would have freaked the fuck out.

But Isnt it the mods and Knot Gods job to regulate the boards? Isnt that what you signed up for?

And the fact that you did nothing because you were scared is crap. Grow a back bone and deal with backlash.

LOL ok...

Did I say we were scared? Nope. What I DID say (if you would read) is that we couldn't prove it. So we didn't take action on something we couldn't prove. Do you have a problem with that? Would it be your personal preference that we had just been like "eh, she might be a catfish....go ahead and ban her"?

No you didn't say you were scared but I think its pretty clear that you were.

If all these people supposedly knew, why didn't anyone you non - "devotees" question one of her stories, or her lack of pictures? And then let it unfold.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:
    luckya23 said:

I am loving how so many people claimed to have known that Magic/ Vulgar girl was a catfish and yet no one actually stood up and said anything.

Those "devotee" you are referring to and the ones who outed her.
    Truth. This has been discussed by many of the people you probably think of as "devotees," for well over a year. 

I want to point out that there's a difference, in my opinion, between a run of the mill troll (usually someone who got their nose tweaked and assumes an AE to stomp around and stir shit) and someone who "catfishes." A catfish isn't looking for revenge or deliberately on a site to cause havoc. It's typically someone who creates a very elaborate new self, and maintains that false identity. The reasons for this are probably many and deep and complicated, but typically boil down to this: a person who feels that their genuine self is not adequately interesting or entertaining or confident or in some way "good enough."

I don't want to publicly kick someone who feels that way. 

I find it sad. Because if someone is funny and entertaining and interesting as a persona they simply create, I would have liked the real person behind the false persona just as well. Probably more. 

And that's what I'd say to the person formerly known as Magic Ink, if I was to go all Mommish, which I often do. You were funny. You were entertaining. You made valid points, and brought up valid issues. I would have liked the real you. You didn't ever need to be someone else. Truth. 

Per usual Annabelle is wise. This is basically how I feel. I thought I "knew" Magic off board and enjoyed talking with her. Now I feel betrayed and sad and yeah, angry.
    I definitely thought she was exaggerating some stuff about her life. But I did not think she was completely invented. Some other community members were more suspicious, investigated, and figured it out. TK only banned her once the "followers" outed her. We agreed about a lot of stuff and I wanted to think I knew her, but we are not blind lemmings.
    TK banned her when the admins saw that POG was an AE of hers. The AE was her fifth warning and therefore a ban.

I saw the TH thread and thought, "huh - interesting" but that wasn't why she was banned. Any one of us here could be a catfish - there's no way for TK to know. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I think KR already posted this, but Magic/VG had 4 warnings as of yesterday. 

Then she logged on and started up with her AE (PofG). AE's are against the TOS so the AE was banned and the user (Magic/VG) was warned. It was her 5th and final warning, so she was banned. Officially, the warning was for creating an AE.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @sarahufl It's in yesterday's Monday thread and also today's Tuesday one.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    luckya23 said:

Speaking as an admitted "devotee" (ugh. I liked her. I stuck up for her when I thought she was right. I guess that means I was basically a cult member), I'm rolling my eyes a little at that. I'm not that scary. Maybe others are? No idea. But it's pretty cowardly to come out now and say the only reason you (and others) didn't say anything was because you were scared to engage in a discussion on the boards about it. Worst case scenario, someone disagrees with you, vehemently, publicly. Best case? It spurs the admins to look into it further, and then you get to be extra super gloaty when those vehement supporters look like total morons for defending a catfish. Win-win.

I'll completely own up to the fact that I was far too intimidated to say anything publicly. There were lots of people that liked MI and stood up for her (unbeknownst to me that many of those same people were questioning her identity). I like the community, I like posting here and I was worried that my speaking up would get me ostracized, so to speak. So I stayed silent and out of the fray. It wasn't worth it to me to say anything. 
  • Options
    I'm gullible as fuck because I had no clue. Yea, some of her stuff was wild, I just thought she led a wild life. I don't really remember POG, but reading through some of her threads I guess I can now see some similarities. 

And yea, the Bouncer Tony thing was kinda weird.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    KatWAG said:
    KatWAG said:
    @KatWAG - the suspicion was raised a long time ago. We looked into it and tried to prove it but couldn't. Sometimes it's easier to prove what someone IS rather than what they are NOT if that makes sense. 

And, frankly, can you imagine the backlash if we had banned MI/VG because of an unproven suspicion? People would have freaked the fuck out.

But Isnt it the mods and Knot Gods job to regulate the boards? Isnt that what you signed up for?

And the fact that you did nothing because you were scared is crap. Grow a back bone and deal with backlash.

LOL ok...

Did I say we were scared? Nope. What I DID say (if you would read) is that we couldn't prove it. So we didn't take action on something we couldn't prove. Do you have a problem with that? Would it be your personal preference that we had just been like "eh, she might be a catfish....go ahead and ban her"?

If all these people supposedly knew, why didn't anyone you non - "devotees" question one of her stories, or her lack of pictures? And then let it unfold.

Ok first of all, it's not "clear that (we) were" because we weren't. You can keep trying to push that theory, but it isn't true.

Secondly, I said in my OP (at the top of this string) that "the suspicion was raised". I never said we "knew". Actually I said quite the opposite. I said we looked into it and couldn't prove it. 

Seriously, are you just looking for things to bitch about right now? Because it's super annoying.

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    scribe95 said:
    Yeah, the mods are not to blame here. We suspected. We tried to prove it. We couldn't. We aren't police. We don't have special powers. We were on the watch and as soon as the IP addresses matched up we were on top of it. We can't just ban people on the basis of unproven suspicion. 

that is not really how it went down.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    redoryxredoryx member
    edited July 2015

KatWAG said:
    luckya23 said:

Those "devotee" you are referring to and the ones who outed her.
    Truth. This has been discussed by many of the people you probably think of as "devotees," for well over a year. 

I want to point out that there's a difference, in my opinion, between a run of the mill troll (usually someone who got their nose tweaked and assumes an AE to stomp around and stir shit) and someone who "catfishes." A catfish isn't looking for revenge or deliberately on a site to cause havoc. It's typically someone who creates a very elaborate new self, and maintains that false identity. The reasons for this are probably many and deep and complicated, but typically boil down to this: a person who feels that their genuine self is not adequately interesting or entertaining or confident or in some way "good enough."

I don't want to publicly kick someone who feels that way. 

I find it sad. Because if someone is funny and entertaining and interesting as a persona they simply create, I would have liked the real person behind the false persona just as well. Probably more. 

And that's what I'd say to the person formerly known as Magic Ink, if I was to go all Mommish, which I often do. You were funny. You were entertaining. You made valid points, and brought up valid issues. I would have liked the real you. You didn't ever need to be someone else. Truth. 

Per usual Annabelle is wise. This is basically how I feel. I thought I "knew" Magic off board and enjoyed talking with her. Now I feel betrayed and sad and yeah, angry.
    I definitely thought she was exaggerating some stuff about her life. But I did not think she was completely invented. Some other community members were more suspicious, investigated, and figured it out. TK only banned her once the "followers" outed her. We agreed about a lot of stuff and I wanted to think I knew her, but we are not blind lemmings.
    TK banned her when the admins saw that POG was an AE of hers. The AE was her fifth warning and therefore a ban.

I saw the TH thread and thought, "huh - interesting" but that wasn't why she was banned. Any one of us here could be a catfish - there's no way for TK to know. 

.......But you were watching the IPs because you had been alerted by other people who had figured this out previously. 
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    KatWAG said:
    KatWAG said:

LOL ok...

I'm curious. You are basically saying that we should have stood up and said, yeah we think she's playing us. She may be a catfish.

Yet, you also say you (and many others) also had suspicions that she wasn't who she said she was, yet y'all said nothing.

Being a catfish is not technically against TOS. Creating an AE account is.

ETA: Our responsibiliy as mods is to monitor the board for TOS violations.

• Options
    I thought AEs were only not allowed if they were used to do something like this or to cause trouble. So if I suddenly log in as my Drunk Kitten account (if I even remember the password) from oh-so-scandalous Kitten Day 2 years ago, it will get banned and I will get warned?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    scribe95 said:

Yeah, the mods are not to blame here. We suspected. We tried to prove it. We couldn't. We aren't police. We don't have special powers. We were on the watch and as soon as the IP addresses matched up we were on top of it. We can't just ban people on the basis of unproven suspicion. 

This isn't really true though. You were straight up told "we think pog is an ae for magic" you weren't on the lookout until the "devotees" told you to check if these two people matched. Also for the record magic was a devotee of other people- most of the people being referred to as "devotees" were around and popular first.

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    edited July 2015
    emmaaa said:
    KatWAG said:
    KatWAG said:

LOL ok...

I'm curious. You are basically saying that we should have stood up and said, yeah we think she's playing us. She may be a catfish.

Yet, you also say you (and many others) also had suspicions that she wasn't who she said she was, yet y'all said nothing.

Being a catfish is not technically against TOS. Creating an AE account is.

ETA: Our responsibiliy as mods is to monitor the board for TOS violations.
    Yes, exactly I am saying if you had your suspicions you should have said some thing. I admitted several pages ago that I was completely fooled. So, what I really don't understand is that if some many  people knew (devotees or not) why didn't one person clue everyone else in?
     edit: words
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards