Chit Chat

Re: TMZ is Reporting...

• Thank goodness. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I saw that on Yahoo news this morning too and it had quotes from TLC's president about the cancellation.

• Good! I saw TLC will be doing a special on sexual assault, that could be interesting.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Learning Channel played more specials we could actually learn from?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I will really miss them, but the upside is that it will be a lot easier for me to cancel cable!

Has anyone else cut the cord?  I watch tv pretty much all day, almost exclusively TLC, so I wouldn't really be missing much else... I think.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• if they didn't cancel, then it would have been very hypocritical of them since they cancelled Honey Boo Boo after that scandal.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @luckya23 we don't have any cable / dish / roku / Netflix.  My fiance was talking about getting an antenna, which I wasn't crazy about (go find the post about that) but he hasn't said or done anything about it other than that one conversation.  So, still nothing in our house.

I personally like it that way.  He misses sports (I do too) and doesn't want to wear out his welcome at his parents' house all football season.  Even though they have already told us they hope to see us any Sundays he's not working...

• I'm surprised it took this long actually.  But good choice regardless.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @luckya23, I could totally cut the cord if it weren't for FI and the NHL.  I'm hooked on hockey, and he's hooked on pretty much any kind of sport, no matter what it is.  Otherwise I'm happy with Netflix.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • I am too much of a TV junkie to go without. I mean, I could if I had to, obviously, but I have no desire to. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I wonder if all the younger girls are stomping their feet now and saying, "But I won't get my wedding special!!!" 
  • I wonder if all the younger girls are stomping their feet now and saying, "But I won't get my wedding special!!!" 
    I would not be surprised if they still had them.  Not that any are very close to marriage that I have heard.

• AddieCake said:
    I am too much of a TV junkie to go without. I mean, I could if I had to, obviously, but I have no desire to. 
    Me too.

I like my sports.  I like my live news programs.  I'm addicted to Discovery ID. I like my food channels.    

With the mountains, I not sure we would even get much in the way of antenna.  Our "local" stations come out of Denver.  Which is pretty far away.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • luckya23 said:

I will really miss them, but the upside is that it will be a lot easier for me to cancel cable!

Has anyone else cut the cord?  I watch tv pretty much all day, almost exclusively TLC, so I wouldn't really be missing much else... I think.

We've thought about cancelling cable.  We really don't watch too much beyond basic channels (fox, abc, etc.).  There may be a few things we'd miss, but you can stream or download almost anything these days.  But, we have bundle of cable & internet under contract with our provider, so we are locked in at an older price. With current rates, if we were to drop our cable and just do internet, it would only save us about $20/month. So, it just wasn't a big enough savings to make it worth dropping it (and losing our DVR).

• AddieCake said:
    I am too much of a TV junkie to go without. I mean, I could if I had to, obviously, but I have no desire to. 
    I mean, I kind of am.  I have it on while I work at home, sometimes watching, mostly for background noise.  I don't have the attention span for movies or even to just sit and watch a show without doing something simultaneously.  19 Kids was literally my favorite show though, and I'd kind of like to cancel on principle!

• Cancelling cable as a response to your fave show (which included a child molester) getting cancelled seems odd. I think more people would cancel cable if it weren't pulled than if it were, but to each their own. 

I only watched the show a few times a couple years ago. It just never really appealed to me in general and I never quite understood society's fascination with them.  
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    luckya23 said:

I will really miss them, but the upside is that it will be a lot easier for me to cancel cable!

Please explain why you like them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AddieCake said:
    Cancelling cable as a response to your fave show (which included a child molester) getting cancelled seems odd. I think more people would cancel cable if it weren't pulled than if it were, but to each their own. 

I only watched the show a few times a couple years ago. It just never really appealed to me in general and I never quite understood society's fascination with them.  

I mean mostly it's the money aspect, and since that's the only channel I watch and DH doesn't watch any cable at all, it seems silly to spend so much on background noise, you know?  I never really got into the Netflix thing because you have to tell it what you want to watch, and typically I'm not so invested to keep restarting it every episode or whatever.

• This showed up on my FB feed this morning. I made the mistake of reading the comments.... Never a good idea.

There were logical people, but also people who were like "everyone makes mistakes" "so disappointed! Loved the duggers!" "Boycotting TLC!" "we all did stupid stuff as teenagers, right?"

*insert Family Guy puking gif*
    *********************************************************************************

• I enjoyed the Duggars' show and watched it regularly. Their lifestyle was so different and foreign to me that it was interesting to watch. 

There's no way I could ever cancel cable. H and I watch a lot of TV together. If we ever move away from Chicago we're going to have to pay out our asses to get the NHL center ice and NFL Sunday tickets. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @luckya23 We don't have cable. We have Netflix, Hulu Plus and SlingTV, plus we split our internet cable and have it hooked up to our TV (this gets us the local stations, CW, and Discovery Channel). If we want to watch sports and the team we want to watch isn't playing on any channel we have access to, H will just stream it from the internet. Even with all of that (including our internet bill), it's still cheaper than paying for even basic cable. The only channel I miss is TLC - love SYTTD and The Little Couple. It's not as easy as flipping on the TV and scrolling through channels, but it's far better than paying a huge bill every month. 
  • luckya23 said:

Are you for real?
  • I enjoyed the Duggars' show and watched it regularly. Their lifestyle was so different and foreign to me that it was interesting to watch. 

There's no way I could ever cancel cable. H and I watch a lot of TV together. If we ever move away from Chicago we're going to have to pay out our asses to get the NHL center ice and NFL Sunday tickets. 
    We have NFL Sunday Ticket.   $41.99 per month for 6 months.  Kind-of makes me sick to pay all that money for football.  But DH and I have different teams and we do not live in either market.  Then some of our friends are friends of different teams through out the states too.  Sundays are often get together days at our house.  We sometimes have 2 TV's going.

Ah the price of socialiazing. 

• I cannot even imagine actually liking them or the show.  Even before this, they were fucking creepy.
    I think I saw a commercial once...it was enough for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards