Chit Chat

So uh hi

Re: So uh hi

• I would love to visit Puerto Rico.  DH is 75% PR so it would be nice to visit where his family is from.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hellohkb said:
    Music Movie animated GIF.
    Now those are my kind of sharks!
    And I married a Puerto Rican.. You can say he's my shark in the bedroom ;)
    I'm Puerto Rican, FH is not. I'm going to tell him he has his own shark in the bedroom. He will be so confused.

Omg, tell him!!! I think I'm gonna tell H he's my shark tonight. He most likely will take is as a compliment lol.

@Queerfemme, me too.So much sexiness in PR.

@trixiejess so far I'm good lmfao!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• sarahufl said:
    pinkcow13 said:
    Music Movie animated GIF.
    Now those are my kind of sharks!
    And I married a Puerto Rican.. You can say he's my shark in the bedroom ;)
    unrelated, but @pinkcow- holy gorgeous wedding photos!!
    Thanks!!! :) The Boathouse was phenomenal.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Also, I've been on mobile so I can't see peoples sigs or inboxes but I just saw Pinkcow's sig.. Those are such pretty pictures!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yay @Pinkcow13 for putting up some photos!!  That first one in the boat is something sexy!!

• lyndausvi said:
    PR rocks.   Go during full moon.

Ditto the PR rec. Go kayaking on one of the bioluminescent bays. Truly a unique experience.

Oh, and have a mojito on the beach, cause duh.
  • @pinkcow13 Your wedding photos are absolutely stunning!
  • lyndausvi said:
    PR rocks.   Go during full moon.

Ditto the PR rec. Go kayaking on one of the bioluminescent bays. Truly a unique experience.

Oh, and have a mojito on the beach, cause duh.

The bio-bay kayaking trips are amazing but they can't be done during the full moon. The less ambient light the better to see the sparklies. It is best to go on a moonless or very overcast night.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • scribe95 said:
    What's with the troll stuff? Someone said the thread jumped the shark - ala Happy Days - and people posted pics of sharks. I don't think anyone can argue this thread didn't jump the shark.
    And I don't think one can argue that repeatedly posting gifs in an attempt to derail the current conversation isn't trolling.
    The conversation derailed a long time ago.  So much so that you can't even see the tracks anymore.
    Maybe you should make the tracks darker, and in a more readable font.  YWIA.
  • WinstonsGirlcupcait927!

Yea, we actually tried to go to the Bio bay a few years ago, but I guess on the night we were planning to go, the conditions were not good for it. I was really disappointed, because it looks so amazing. It was also what I most wanted to do in PR (we were only there 2 nights).
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    WinstonsGirlcupcait927!

Yea, we actually tried to go to the Bio bay a few years ago, but I guess on the night we were planning to go, the conditions were not good for it. I was really disappointed, because it looks so amazing. It was also what I most wanted to do in PR (we were only there 2 nights).
    we didn't do the Bio Bay, but we did go snorkling... and a big ass fish looked right into my eyes... that was the last of the snorkling for me. I spent the rest of the trip lounging in the sun on the boat. 

We went there on our honeymoon for 10 days, and now have an annual trip there.  But, we spend most of our time on the other side of the island (in Rincon, not San Juan area).  it's more relaxed and less touristy.     This January, a bunch of our friends are coming also, and we are taking over the hotel (it's a small hotel, but still... it'll be ours for 8 days).  :)

yeah.. I love it there.  
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    QueerFemme, I think I would have loved seeing a big fish looking at me haha!

Yea, we only went to San Juan and it was soooo touristy. I couldn't even get real Puerto Rican food there! Trust me, I tried hard those first 2 days. For that, I could have just gone to the Bronx where you can get the real deal food! Although, we did go a bit further out of San Juan when we went to Culebra beach, and I finally got my authentic food on the side of the road. 

Oh man, you are going to have such a blast there in January! My girlfriends and I want to plan a trip  next year, and I suggested PR. Hopefully I'll be back there soon :D
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @PinkCow13 - Which dress do you have??  It's looks very similar to mine.  

• pinkcow13 said:

Yea, we only went to San Juan and it was soooo touristy. I couldn't even get real Puerto Rican food there! Trust me, I tried hard those first 2 days. For that, I could have just gone to the Bronx where you can get the real deal food! Although, we did go a bit further out of San Juan when we went to Culebra beach, and I finally got my authentic food on the side of the road. 

Oh man, you are going to have such a blast there in January! My girlfriends and I want to plan a trip  next year, and I suggested PR. Hopefully I'll be back there soon :D

Stay in Rincon !   there are two super cute hotels in Rincon that I love.

The Coconut Palms Inn (which has about 12 rooms) and is directly on the beach)  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g264369-d267552-Reviews-Coconut_Palms_Inn-Rincon_Puerto_Rico.html

Or, you can stay at the Pineapple Inn. It's owned by two fabulous gay men who bring you fresh fruit and pastry every morning.  It only has 6 rooms, and isn't directly on the beach (but only about 50 steps away) but it has a pool and is super cute.  http://www.thepineappleinn.net/

Both of these places are "out of the way" enough that you aren't dealing with any tourists, but only a few blocks from grocery stores, restaurants, etc.   And tons of awesome puerto rican food wtihin a few blocks.
  • Going back to PR is on our list of choices for our fifth anniversary next year. But I'm kind of leaning toward USVI, just because we haven't been there yet. Mainland options are Charleston or Savannah.

Opinions? Recommendations? I know there are some NOLA folks around the boards too and I'll take those recs as well for our trip this Halloween.
  • pinkcow13 said:

Stay in Rincon !   there are two super cute hotels in Rincon that I love.

The Coconut Palms Inn (which has about 12 rooms) and is directly on the beach)  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g264369-d267552-Reviews-Coconut_Palms_Inn-Rincon_Puerto_Rico.html

Or, you can stay at the Pineapple Inn. It's owned by two fabulous gay men who bring you fresh fruit and pastry every morning.  It only has 6 rooms, and isn't directly on the beach (but only about 50 steps away) but it has a pool and is super cute.  http://www.thepineappleinn.net/

Both of these places are "out of the way" enough that you aren't dealing with any tourists, but only a few blocks from grocery stores, restaurants, etc.   And tons of awesome puerto rican food wtihin a few blocks.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I bookmarked both hotels :) Out of the way is definitely what I would want for PR.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @PinkCow13 - Which dress do you have??  It's looks very similar to mine.  
    @winstonsgirl I had the Maggie Sottero Kendall dress. What about you?? I want to see a pic!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• TLDR thread summary:

Banning, speculation, innuendo, Catfish, amateur analysis, bouncers, transparency, sarcasm, whining, veiled insults, blatant insults, comic sans, eye strain, internet group spin offs, reality checks, false ableists, real ableists, West Side Story, false indignation, tattoos, real indignation, Happy Days, gay ambassadors, sharks, trolls, warnings, ambient light, disabilities, polar bears, surgery, wedding photography, mothers, Puerto Rico, moon phases, government cars with flags, macular degeneration, New York, tiaras, pastry, and a horse in a purple onesie.

Everyone caught up?

And with that, I'm /dead.

LOL

I don't have any photos on the computer anymore.  Anyway, mine was champagne, and I added a little blingy thing on 1 side.  Alfred Sung RandomNumbers.  I actually really hate it in ivory and on the model.  It looks much better on me.  ;)

I don't have any photos on the computer anymore.  Anyway, mine was champagne, and I added a little blingy thing on 1 side.  Alfred Sung RandomNumbers.  I actually really hate it in ivory and on the model.  It looks much better on me.  ;)
    I LOVE it!!!! The dresses are so similar, I thought it was my dress when I saw this pic! Mine was "Alabaster." I LOVED it. Mine had a blingy thing on one side, too (I'm gonna AW another pic to show it.), and I wanted to add a belt to wear with it during the reception. I never did, I think I forgot all about my belt lol.  Oh well!

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• TLDR thread summary:

Banning, speculation, innuendo, Catfish, amateur analysis, bouncers, transparency, sarcasm, whining, veiled insults, blatant insults, comic sans, eye strain, internet group spin offs, reality checks, false ableists, real ableists, West Side Story, false indignation, tattoos, real indignation, Happy Days, gay ambassadors, sharks, trolls, warnings, ambient light, disabilities, polar bears, surgery, wedding photography, mothers, Puerto Rico, moon phases, government cars with flags, macular degeneration, New York, tiaras, pastry, and a horse in a purple onesie.

Everyone caught up?

Can we do this at the end of Every page, or at least every five?  Because I read the first page, got bored, ignored it until it got up to page 16, and then went "WTF, what now?"  It's impossible to get caught up at that point.
  • pinkcow13 said:

I LOVE it!!!! The dresses are so similar, I thought it was my dress when I saw this pic! Mine was "Alabaster." I LOVED it. Mine had a blingy thing on one side, too (I'm gonna AW another pic to show it.), and I wanted to add a belt to wear with it during the reception. I never did, I think I forgot all about my belt lol.  Oh well!

Yup, that's about where I put my bling.  They are very similar

• edited July 2015
    Holy wow am I late to this party. My jaw has been on the floor for all damn 20 pages of that.

She had me fooled, but I did often eyeroll at some of the things she (?) posted.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards