Chit Chat

So uh hi

1111214161720

Re: So uh hi

  • pinkcow13 said:
    Sorry, but where in her response did Climbing say "Tough for you, I like pink?" Everyone was having a discussion about a serious topic, and the poster interjected about the pink font. Climbing and myself merely gave her some suggestions on how to deal with it. It had nothing to do with liking, or not liking the poster. And we know that she has terminal cancer, she has stated it many times. And, it is a valid fact that staring at a computer monitor is not good for anyone.Link

    I really fail to see where Climbing was being obnoxious in her response.

    Just to humor you @TrixieJess

    See the bolded in the above quote? To me it implies that everyone was discussing serious topics and CMGragain interjected with her complaint about the color out of nowhere. I merely suggested that the reason CMGragain interjected with the pink font is because someone else brought it up before her as something fun. Does it equate for you now?



    Anniversary
  • emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    I'm just wondering, if people keep leaving and there was an exodus...then why are they back? How do the boards live on without them?

    No, you're not wondering. You're just being snotty. 

    So, if I don't hang out every single day, are my thoughts and opinions somehow less valid? I shouldn't post at all? 
    Who exactly are the "people who left', and why do they owe you explanations of "why they're back?" 

    Logic, please: if people are posting they didn't leave. 

    Let me repeat that, bolded for clarity: Anybody posting did not leave.  

    It's an Internet forum. People come and go all the time. There are at least four Knot spin-off groups I know of, (probably more) because people get bored or annoyed or just move on or whatever. Welcome to the internet. So what? Why do you care? 

     I did make a deliberate personal decision to come here less often. I didn't leave. (Many reasons. I don't like hanging out regularly in places where I feel my words are policed, where arbitrary rules are applied in selective situations, where I feel like I have to second guess my opinions and posts- am I "vulgar" if I swear? Is this vulgar or non vulgar swearing? Am I creating a "negative environment" if I speak honestly? In addition, lots of stuff going on IRL. Too much. Also, lots of my favorite people are not posting regularly. The boards are fairly uninteresting to me lately. So, many many various reasons not to spend as much of my limited free time at TK. 
    Big. Fucking. Deal. "Exodus?" That's very dramatic. 

    Please tell me how often I should check in to avoid the illusion of "leaving" and "coming back." 

    The other honest response would be, How is this even vaguely a problem for you, and why do you ask? (I don't believe it is, any more than I believe you're wondering. I believe you're just being snotty to people who aren't on your personal  PeopleISuperLike list.) 

    So there you are. You can quit "wondering," at least in my case. Do I need to address the question of "how will the boards live on without them?" because that's really not a valid question. That's just a snottypants and sarcastic  way of saying, "Nobody needs you around neener neener," and the answer is: Well, no shit. Who thought they did? Who are these mysterious people who thought the boards would suffer if they visited less often? Not me. Stop making up dumb stuff, and projecting it on to other people. You're contributing to a negative environment. 


    Out of everything posted on this fucking board/thread, my comment was snotty. Okay.

    Nope, there's plenty of stir fried shit to choose from. Take your personal pick. This one just stood out as being particularly dumb and irrelevant. And yes, it was snotty.  In addition to telling me how often I should check in to potentially avoid being labeled as "leaving," maybe you can tell me which posts on a thread should particularly make my ass ache? 
  • kkitkat79 said:
    pinkcow13 said:
    Sorry, but where in her response did Climbing say "Tough for you, I like pink?" Everyone was having a discussion about a serious topic, and the poster interjected about the pink font. Climbing and myself merely gave her some suggestions on how to deal with it. It had nothing to do with liking, or not liking the poster. And we know that she has terminal cancer, she has stated it many times. And, it is a valid fact that staring at a computer monitor is not good for anyone.Link

    I really fail to see where Climbing was being obnoxious in her response.

    Just to humor you @TrixieJess

    See the bolded in the above quote? To me it implies that everyone was discussing serious topics and CMGragain interjected with her complaint about the color out of nowhere. I merely suggested that the reason CMGragain interjected with the pink font is because someone else brought it up before her as something fun. Does it equate for you now?



    Seriously, you are making no sense. Do you actually have a problem with reading comprehension or do you only read snippets of information and disseminate what you need? I'm asking seriously because this seems to be an ongoing issue in all of your posts. The series of events that happened and the way you reacted to it show that you may not completely understand what all is going on in this thread. 
  • emmaaaemmaaa North Carolina mod
    Moderator 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    I'm just wondering, if people keep leaving and there was an exodus...then why are they back? How do the boards live on without them?

    No, you're not wondering. You're just being snotty. 

    So, if I don't hang out every single day, are my thoughts and opinions somehow less valid? I shouldn't post at all? 
    Who exactly are the "people who left', and why do they owe you explanations of "why they're back?" 

    Logic, please: if people are posting they didn't leave. 

    Let me repeat that, bolded for clarity: Anybody posting did not leave.  

    It's an Internet forum. People come and go all the time. There are at least four Knot spin-off groups I know of, (probably more) because people get bored or annoyed or just move on or whatever. Welcome to the internet. So what? Why do you care? 

     I did make a deliberate personal decision to come here less often. I didn't leave. (Many reasons. I don't like hanging out regularly in places where I feel my words are policed, where arbitrary rules are applied in selective situations, where I feel like I have to second guess my opinions and posts- am I "vulgar" if I swear? Is this vulgar or non vulgar swearing? Am I creating a "negative environment" if I speak honestly? In addition, lots of stuff going on IRL. Too much. Also, lots of my favorite people are not posting regularly. The boards are fairly uninteresting to me lately. So, many many various reasons not to spend as much of my limited free time at TK. 
    Big. Fucking. Deal. "Exodus?" That's very dramatic. 

    Please tell me how often I should check in to avoid the illusion of "leaving" and "coming back." 

    The other honest response would be, How is this even vaguely a problem for you, and why do you ask? (I don't believe it is, any more than I believe you're wondering. I believe you're just being snotty to people who aren't on your personal  PeopleISuperLike list.) 

    So there you are. You can quit "wondering," at least in my case. Do I need to address the question of "how will the boards live on without them?" because that's really not a valid question. That's just a snottypants and sarcastic  way of saying, "Nobody needs you around neener neener," and the answer is: Well, no shit. Who thought they did? Who are these mysterious people who thought the boards would suffer if they visited less often? Not me. Stop making up dumb stuff, and projecting it on to other people. You're contributing to a negative environment. 


    Out of everything posted on this fucking board/thread, my comment was snotty. Okay.

    Nope, there's plenty of stir fried shit to choose from. Take your personal pick. This one just stood out as being particularly dumb and irrelevant. And yes, it was snotty.  In addition to telling me how often I should check in to potentially avoid being labeled as "leaving," maybe you can tell me which posts on a thread should particularly make my ass ache? 
    Yep, that's exactly what I said. Talk about reading into something that wasn't said. 

    And if the shoe fits, to everyone who thinks that was directed at them.

    For me, leaving was for the ones (specifically, like I already said, XXX/Pink who said she was "out" and then came back to posting) who changed their siggy or specifically stated that they hated this forum now and moved on (first to TH then didn't get along over there and created a private board apparently). I assumed many people left because they stopped posting, especially those who used to post very frequent. And now, many of those people are back. 

    My original comment was meant to be sarcastic and sure, snotty. Because you know, no one else on these boards have ever been sarcastic and snotty. nope.

    And FTR, there were many people who "left" or stopped posting as often who I really liked as posters. I'm not like some people who only have one gorup of people they can agree with and get along with . 

    hellohkbdoeydo
  • I just have to say, i totally agree that tone policing is bullshit and, had MI been a real person, would not hold one single thing against her about the way she was "aggressive" about "being gay"- yes, personally I found it off-putting but I also can't begin to fathom how fucking off-putting it must be to have to deal with straight-priviledge all the time, so go ahead and roar girl if that's how you want to be about it.

    What I found beyond obnoxious was how she would go off about stupid shit like calling someone a nerd or someone referring to themselves as fat. She would make a complete ass of herself over things like that and then never even acknowledge it when she was called out, which is the worst kind of message board behavior IMO.


    hellohkbQueerFemmesarahufldoeydo
  • lyndausvi said:
    Are we really telling a user who has an eye-tumor to just suck it up because she can't read our self-imposed sarcasm color?

    Really? Seriously? There are lot of other colors out there.  Certainly we could be sensitive to someone's medical issue and pick a color that would easier to read?  No?    


    Even I choose the darker pink because I find the lighter ones easier  harder to read.


    ETA - words are hard
    No, @climbingwife was just being helpful by suggesting CMRGagain should stay way from the computer if it hurts her eyes. Nowhere did she say that she should suck it up. Please, do not put words into her mouth. Other people offered helpful links that show that long exposure to computer screen does indeed hurt one's eyes so it is a good advice.
    Anniversary

  • emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    I'm just wondering, if people keep leaving and there was an exodus...then why are they back? How do the boards live on without them?

    No, you're not wondering. You're just being snotty. 

    So, if I don't hang out every single day, are my thoughts and opinions somehow less valid? I shouldn't post at all? 
    Who exactly are the "people who left', and why do they owe you explanations of "why they're back?" 

    Logic, please: if people are posting they didn't leave. 

    Let me repeat that, bolded for clarity: Anybody posting did not leave.  

    It's an Internet forum. People come and go all the time. There are at least four Knot spin-off groups I know of, (probably more) because people get bored or annoyed or just move on or whatever. Welcome to the internet. So what? Why do you care? 

     I did make a deliberate personal decision to come here less often. I didn't leave. (Many reasons. I don't like hanging out regularly in places where I feel my words are policed, where arbitrary rules are applied in selective situations, where I feel like I have to second guess my opinions and posts- am I "vulgar" if I swear? Is this vulgar or non vulgar swearing? Am I creating a "negative environment" if I speak honestly? In addition, lots of stuff going on IRL. Too much. Also, lots of my favorite people are not posting regularly. The boards are fairly uninteresting to me lately. So, many many various reasons not to spend as much of my limited free time at TK. 
    Big. Fucking. Deal. "Exodus?" That's very dramatic. 

    Please tell me how often I should check in to avoid the illusion of "leaving" and "coming back." 

    The other honest response would be, How is this even vaguely a problem for you, and why do you ask? (I don't believe it is, any more than I believe you're wondering. I believe you're just being snotty to people who aren't on your personal  PeopleISuperLike list.) 

    So there you are. You can quit "wondering," at least in my case. Do I need to address the question of "how will the boards live on without them?" because that's really not a valid question. That's just a snottypants and sarcastic  way of saying, "Nobody needs you around neener neener," and the answer is: Well, no shit. Who thought they did? Who are these mysterious people who thought the boards would suffer if they visited less often? Not me. Stop making up dumb stuff, and projecting it on to other people. You're contributing to a negative environment. 


    Out of everything posted on this fucking board/thread, my comment was snotty. Okay.

    Nope, there's plenty of stir fried shit to choose from. Take your personal pick. This one just stood out as being particularly dumb and irrelevant. And yes, it was snotty.  In addition to telling me how often I should check in to potentially avoid being labeled as "leaving," maybe you can tell me which posts on a thread should particularly make my ass ache? 
    Yep, that's exactly what I said. Talk about reading into something that wasn't said. 

    And if the shoe fits, to everyone who thinks that was directed at them.

    For me, leaving was for the ones (specifically, like I already said, XXX/Pink who said she was "out" and then came back to posting) who changed their siggy or specifically stated that they hated this forum now and moved on (first to TH then didn't get along over there and created a private board apparently). I assumed many people left because they stopped posting, especially those who used to post very frequent. And now, many of those people are back. 

    My original comment was meant to be sarcastic and sure, snotty. Because you know, no one else on these boards have ever been sarcastic and snotty. nope.

    And FTR, there were many people who "left" or stopped posting as often who I really liked as posters. I'm not like some people who only have one gorup of people they can agree with and get along with . 
    First bolded. No, I asked that. Clearly. I asked you to tell me, because: Second bolded. Your assumptions of people "leaving." I decided to post less often. That shoe fits.  So what? And full circle back to the question:  how often do I need to post in order to be simply posting less frequently, as opposed to leaving and coming back? Because it obviously bothers you enough to be snotty about it. 

    Third bolded. Hmm. I also like many gorups. I have several gorups.  I belong to at least six different gorups, and visit them with varying frequency. Sometimes weeks, sometimes days. Depends on how I feel like gorupping that day. This should not concern anybody else in the world, unless they just miss me and want to say how ya doing? My shoes fit perfectly, and take me various places in internetland. Who cares? That's the point. The decision of how and where and how often one gorups is irrelevant, and shouldn't concern anyone other than the actual gorrupper. 
    FiancBTrixieJessmissxasia
  • @TrixieJess, let me humor you some more. 

    The word "interject" means to say (something) abruptly, especially as an aside or interruption. When pinkcow used it she thus implied that CMGragain interrupted an ongoing discussion about an "important topic". It is not a giant leap of logic to also conclude that pinkcow implied that the interruption came out of nowhere. The quotes below are what I was referring to when I said that CMGragain's comment about the pink color was not in fact an interjection (interruption) as she was not the first one to bring it into the conversation. 


    QueerFemme said:


    I won't tease you because you are white, but I will tease you because of this ridiculous font color. 

    TrixieJess said:
    (it's the sarcasm font colour, it's supposed to be this ridiculous :) )

    QueerFemme said:
    we have a sarcasm font color now?   Interesting...   I thought it was the gay lifestyle font color...   learn something new every day.  ;)

    lyndausvi said:
    Yep,   Pink Comic Sans font means sarcasm  :)

    TrixieJess said:
    Comic Sans is the unofficial, official sarcasm font.

    QueerFemme said:

    I always thought if you were doing sarcasm right... you didn't need to be specific that it was sarcasm...     but, I'll get on board with the pink stuff.   I like pink. 

    CMGragain said:
    Seriously, about the pink font.  I have trouble reading it.
    Anniversary
  • kkitkat79 said:

    @TrixieJess, let me humor you some more. 


    The word "interject" means to say (something) abruptly, especially as an aside or interruption. When pinkcow used it she thus implied that CMGragain interrupted an ongoing discussion about an "important topic". It is not a giant leap of logic to also conclude that pinkcow implied that the interruption came out of nowhere. The quotes below are what I was referring to when I said that CMGragain's comment about the pink color was not in fact an interjection (interruption) as she was not the first one to bring it into the conversation. 


    QueerFemme said:


    I won't tease you because you are white, but I will tease you because of this ridiculous font color. 
    TrixieJess said:
    (it's the sarcasm font colour, it's supposed to be this ridiculous :) )
    QueerFemme said:
    we have a sarcasm font color now?   Interesting...   I thought it was the gay lifestyle font color...   learn something new every day.  ;)
    lyndausvi said:
    Yep,   Pink Comic Sans font means sarcasm  :)
    TrixieJess said:
    Comic Sans is the unofficial, official sarcasm font.
    QueerFemme said:

    I always thought if you were doing sarcasm right... you didn't need to be specific that it was sarcasm...     but, I'll get on board with the pink stuff.   I like pink. 
    CMGragain said:
    Seriously, about the pink font.  I have trouble reading it.
    NO.
  • ShesSoColdShesSoCold bend over and I'll show ya mod
    Moderator 5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    @TrixieJess, let me humor you some more. 

    The word "interject" means to say (something) abruptly, especially as an aside or interruption. When pinkcow used it she thus implied that CMGragain interrupted an ongoing discussion about an "important topic". It is not a giant leap of logic to also conclude that pinkcow implied that the interruption came out of nowhere. The quotes below are what I was referring to when I said that CMGragain's comment about the pink color was not in fact an interjection (interruption) as she was not the first one to bring it into the conversation. 


    QueerFemme said:


    I won't tease you because you are white, but I will tease you because of this ridiculous font color. 

    TrixieJess said:
    (it's the sarcasm font colour, it's supposed to be this ridiculous :) )

    QueerFemme said:
    we have a sarcasm font color now?   Interesting...   I thought it was the gay lifestyle font color...   learn something new every day.  ;)

    lyndausvi said:
    Yep,   Pink Comic Sans font means sarcasm  :)

    TrixieJess said:
    Comic Sans is the unofficial, official sarcasm font.

    QueerFemme said:

    I always thought if you were doing sarcasm right... you didn't need to be specific that it was sarcasm...     but, I'll get on board with the pink stuff.   I like pink. 

    CMGragain said:
    Seriously, about the pink font.  I have trouble reading it.
    NO.
    Great arguement. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    Maggie0829Bubblegum5586
  • ShesSoColdShesSoCold bend over and I'll show ya mod
    Moderator 5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    This is how I kind of feel MI is like if they are lurking this thread

    image
    Part of me kind of hoped they wouldn't have posted this AE thread to get banned - to see if they would have said anything to us in response to us knowing they were a catfish. Regardless, I hope the people they knew off board get some sort of answer or response from her. I know I'd want that.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • huskypuppy14huskypuppy14 Boston Suburbs member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    Let's get one thing straight. Magic was not the one that made people leave. Ashley was. Someone mentioned using the word fat to describe oneself. It was Ashley who started saying you shouldn't use inner fat girl or whatever.

    Once Ashley was gone, Magic channeled Ashley and became the new "bad guy". someone even said Magic used to post normally. Now her change in attitude started befor Ashley was banned, but she was definitely using Ashley's persona.
    image
    image

    image


    emmaaakkitkat79CMGragain
  • edited July 2015
    Can we move on to puppy gif or a gif dance party? 
      Or do we want to keep fight for another 6 or so pages? 
         I can't keep up there are so many different arguments in this thread.

    Seriously...BEST CATFISH EVER!
    We should give them a trophy!
    image

    I was just thinking that this thread reminds me of an Ouroboro.  I found a cool image of it on the web.  Too bad MagicInk isn't around - she could probably make an awesome tattoo of it.  Where is she, anyway?  

    Image result for ouroboro
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 The Concrete Jungle member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    I apologize for incorrectly stating that one poster "interjected" when apparently another one had. Sorry, I was at work, skimming through this ridiculous thread. I took the first posters comment to be sarcastic, but the second posters to be a legitimate complaint . So I made a suggestion. After Climbing did. We probably both thought the same. My whole point was, if you can't see the pink font, you can just highlight it! Or copy and paste into a word doc!

    I think what I was really trying to articulate was, there were like 2 (maybe more, I'm guesstimating here) posts in that pink font. Like Scribe said, they could have been skipped over. Just another suggestion. For anyone, that is.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage


     

  • KnightsNurseKnightsNurse member
    25 Love Its 10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    Lurker here (and not an AE I promise). I'm sorry to stir more up, I know a lot has alreday been stirred. BUT...I'm really confused. Didn't CMG just post a few weeks ago that her cancer was in remission? I don't understand how a cancer can go from being in remission to terminal so very quickly. CMG if your cancer is back I am truly sorry. Just very confused and there's too much catfishing going on around here to not be just a bit suspicious...

    ETF spelling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

    image
  • lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its
    Lurker here (and not an AE I promise). I'm sorry to stir more up, I know a lot has alreday been stirred. BUT...I'm really confused. Didn't CMG just post a few weeks ago that her cancer was in remission? I don't understand how a cancer can go from being in remission to terminal so very quickly. CMG if your cancer is back I am truly sorry. Just very confused and there's too much catfishing going on around here to not be just a bit suspicious... ETF spelling
    She posted back on April 18th that the tumor had stopped going, but she was not cancer free.   So it's possible it started to grow again.    Cancer is a pretty fucked-up unpredictable thing.

    But I totally get your suspicion.  I think we are all on high alert so-to-speak.






    What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I'm always on mobile and can't look at post history so I was relying on memory. I know most of you don't know/recognize me and I'm pretty happy to be a lurker but I just wanted to say that I really have become attached to reading about some of your lives. I have to admit that the drama is also what keeps me around but everybody has such interesting viewpoints here with great humor (and awesome debate skills). I truly will miss some posters who are "gone" or less active.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

    image
    ohannabelleFiancBlevioosa
  • Y'all have been way too darn entertaining the last couple of days - I have no idea what's going on at the Bee!!

    image

    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

    [Deleted User]Bubblegum5586teddygirl9
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 The Concrete Jungle member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    abcdevonn said:

    Woooow I can't believe people are arguing against making posts on here accessible for people with disabilities. FTR, that pink font IS really hard to read. Don't worry, none of you had to say "suck it up," that was already implied. And no, I'm not going back through to meticulously point out who said what and when. You know you did it. You told someone who has trouble with her eyesight to suck it up. It's not like I really NEEDED convincing that some of you are shitty, but that essentially solidified it.

    Not sure if you're talking about me (not exclusively, you made seem like it may have been multiples posters, and I was one of those that made a suggestion). I said you can highlight the font. Another poster said the same, before I did (sorry can't remember who). And Climbing said maybe spend less time
    In front of the screen. No one said "suck it up." It was not implied. Suggestions were made.
    That is all.

    I guess I can't really understand why this is such a huge deal, because as someone who has spent a fair amount in front of a computer, if something is hard to read (due to font), I highlight it. Or copy and paste to word. Which I suggested.

    . Climbing made a suggestion, as well. A valid one! I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that people are making posts that are not accessible to those with disabilities'....
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage


     

    Knottie1437062513JCbride2015
  • lc07lc07 Sunny Southern California member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    edited July 2015
    Edited:

    I feel like I've stepped into a FFF time warp.
    HeffalumpOliveOilsMomPrettyGirlLost
  • arrippaarrippa Sam Adams Craft Commonwealth member
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    pinkcow13 said:
    Woooow I can't believe people are arguing against making posts on here accessible for people with disabilities. FTR, that pink font IS really hard to read. Don't worry, none of you had to say "suck it up," that was already implied. And no, I'm not going back through to meticulously point out who said what and when. You know you did it. You told someone who has trouble with her eyesight to suck it up. It's not like I really NEEDED convincing that some of you are shitty, but that essentially solidified it.
    Not sure if you're talking about me (not exclusively, you made seem like it may have been multiples posters, and I was one of those that made a suggestion). I said you can highlight the font. Another poster said the same, before I did (sorry can't remember who). And Climbing said maybe spend less time In front of the screen. No one said "suck it up." It was not implied. Suggestions were made. That is all. I guess I can't really understand why this is such a huge deal, because as someone who has spent a fair amount in front of a computer, if something is hard to read (due to font), I highlight it. Or copy and paste to word. Which I suggested. . Climbing made a suggestion, as well. A valid one! I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that people are making posts that are not accessible to those with disabilities'....

    I actually do the bolded when I have trouble reading a color or font. I can enlarge it or darken it to suit my needs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards