Chit Chat
Options

20 Years of Amazon.com - What was your first?

2»

Re: 20 Years of Amazon.com - What was your first?

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    That was actually kind of cool. My first ever Amazon purchase. Must've happened right after I started college based on the date. :)

ORDER PLACED
    August 16, 2005
    Jane Yolen
    Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
    $6.95
    \n \n \n Cancel\n \n \n
    \n","header":"Buy it Again"}" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
    Jane Yolen
    $6.95
    \n \n \n Cancel\n \n \n
    Charlaine Harris
    $7.99
    \n \n \n Cancel\n \n \n
    Charlaine Harris
    $7.99
    \n \n \n Cancel\n \n \n

• Options
    Fun!

My first purchase was in 2003 and I ordered 2 CDs:

Killing Heidi - Present
    The Superjesus - Jet Age

I'm pretty sure that I had an account before this. I graduated in 2001 and I know that I placed orders while I was in school.

Also, I've had 63 orders this year.... And yes, I sometimes (often) buy groceries there. I hope that includes digital orders too...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My first Amazon purchase was in 2003; I ordered a boxed set of the Indiana Jones dvds and a boxed set of Jackie Chan dvds, both as Christmas presents. I then placed zero orders in 04, and in 05, I bought myself The Sims - Hot Date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My first Amazon purchase was in 2003; I ordered a boxed set of the Indiana Jones dvds and a boxed set of Jackie Chan dvds, both as Christmas presents. I then placed zero orders in 04, and in 05, I bought myself The Sims - Hot Date.
    I'm a former Simmer too.  Now the games are so fancy they don't run on my laptop, which is probably good cause I wasted way too much time playing them.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    My first purchase was Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix in 2003!

Though I'll tell you this, we first learned about the stock market in junior high (so circa 96, 97 or so here) and I had my group fake-invest in Amazon. 

Damnit, why was I only 14 with only babysitting money to my name???

• Options
    January 3, 2004:

"Donnie Darko" and "The Princess Bride" on DVD
  • Options
    A trampoline mat in 2011.
  • Options

Hey I bought a new purse today in the Prime Sale.  I also saw at least 5 things from our registry on sale.  But yeah, the sales weren't spectacular just decent.  

First purchase:
    January 21st 2005, I bought two Diana Krall cd's ("Look of Love" and "Live in Paris" which is one of my favorites still) and a Bobby Darin collection CD.  

Also of note that year, October 19, 2005, I bought 3 dance aerobic workout DVDs.  I think I did one of them, the other two are still in a box somewhere in my basement, still wrapped in the cellophane.
    Digging through my history, I discovered that I own Yoga Booty Ballet workout dvds!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    college text books in 2001....I had no idea you could look back this far :)

Dawson's Creek DVDs in 2003, almost exclusively books/CDs/DVDs until 2011. After that, it becomes a whole host of things- condoms, tampons, detergent, amusingly enough, at least 2 vibrators....

So far, in 2015 alone, I have placed 23 orders. H and I use Amazon for everything.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    I bought a book I needed for my graduate school thesis. This would have been around 2003.
  • Options

Back in 2006, my first order was baseball books... I'm guessing as gifts for my ex?  SI's The Baseball Book, and The Mandak League.  Also a Get Fuzzy (comic) collection.

Then, books.  And books.  And Denise Austin workout DVDs.  And movies.  Aaaand books.  And DVDs (Doctor Who, Angel, Spartacus).  Ooh!  More books!  And also DVDs.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards