Not Engaged Yet
Options

It's Monday

Re: It's Monday

• Options
    @cu97tiger Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the days when I can have experiences with Callie versus just showering her with stuff. But first - I can't wait to just spend TIME with her!

• Options

@southernpeach89 You look fantastic! The shower looks beautiful @labro you are equally beautiful! Callie will have so much love.

@500days Thanks for the kind words. Congrats on your new car!! My SIL drives that and loves it. and I know what you mean about douchey dealerships, my brother is a salesman and even he is so full of shit sometimes when he's making a sale. Glad you found one that made you feel good!

@cu97tiger Thank you for the advice. I'll talk to my friend and see how she feels if I skip the wake. I will definitely go if she wants me to (but she has 2 sisters so I can't imagine she would NEED me there, you know?). The kids are adorable, I'm sure they love having you there!

@swazzle I've never heard of any of those movies. Oh and I have still procrastinated on finding and finishing my Paper Towns....soon lol

@cocobellaf Ok that's pretty adorable that he bought those. I know most people are all "don't get ahead of yourself, don't jinx it" but I find it downright sweet that your H is planning for the future kids. I'm not pregnant but I already have planned that when I am, I will tell DH by giving him a Bruins onsie. lol

• Options

Morning everyone.  I would love to go back to sleep.  We moved my bed into the house yesterday, and let me tell you, actually having space to sleep is AMAZING! We've been sleeping on a twin for the past 2 months (two adults on a twin = torture).

@cocobellaF your H is funny.  My BIL has started doing things like that too even though they do not have any kids. Guys must start nesting the second you decide to try to have kids.

@audrewuh I think you should hide and take a nap.

@jenna8984 I'm glad you liked the aerial yoga. I'm going to have to find a place out here that does it.

Have you had a cavity since you've been an adult? I had to have cavities on both sides of my mouth fixed/replaced back in May.  That was the first time since I was 18 that I had to have anything done for cavities.
    Happy gas at the dentist today, yes or no? No, just Novocaine, you'll be fine. Be a big brave dog. 
    What are you wearing?  (Not like that, sicko!) Well well... Grey dress pants, royal blue top, nude heels 
    How often do you wash your hair? In the summer, every day.  Once the air starts getting drier I switch to every other day. 
  • Options
    @labro - Wow!  The yard!!!  Also, amazing job with the baby shower!

@southernpeach89 - You are such a freaking cute pregnant lady!  I adore the picture of Callie.

@jeanna8984 - What is it that sets you off about death?  Is it just the "newness" of it?  Honestly, I usually cry my eyes out in private so I'm not a mess at the funerals.  That said, most of the people that I've had die in my life I watched over them as they passed so it was more immediate of a reaction.  

@swazzle - Love the mirror!   

@500days - Yeah new car!

@cu97tiger - Those are some adorable cutties!

-------------------------------------------
    So tired this morning guys...I have a meeting shortly otherwise I would have convinced H to let me stay in bed.  We have our new electrical panel being installed today...the several thousand dollar one that the inspector demanded we put in for our basement bathroom.  I'm going to be so excited once this is done so I never have to deal with that inspector again.  

I meal planned for the entire week yesterday...holy cow is it work!  Also, I learned that price matching at Walmart saves time running around to different stores but the clerks hate it, as do the customers behind you.  I was cooking for hours but I made chicken, quinoa veggie bowls as well as tandoori lime chicken with brown rice and corn.  Between that and some black beans I made I think we should be good for the week.  Go me!!!

Have you had a cavity since you've been an adult?
    -Yes, lots.  I'm sure I'd have more if I went to the dentist on the regular (they scare me).

Happy gas at the dentist today, yes or no?
    -Meh, it does nothing for me.  Last time the dentist gave it to me he, in his words, gave me "enough to knock out a linebacker" but I felt nadda. 

What are you wearing?  (Not like that, sicko!)
    -Fun floral dress with ballet flats.

How often do you wash your hair?
    -3 times a week usually.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - H and I shared a twin for a year in college (he didn't have a roommate in the dorms, I did). We had to do it again recently and we both laid down and were like, "why did we do this for a whole year? when did we get so fat?"

I met with my boss and now I'm going home and to bed!! Have a great Monday, y'all! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - H has been ready for kids for a couple of years now.  I just decided I was ready this year.  I see that I am really going to have to rein in his BSC.
  • Options
    @minskat30 My mom put together this shower actually! She worked SO hard and you can tell! The one I'm hosting is this weekend for all of @southernpeach89 and her H's friends. I'm freaking out a tiny bit!

• Options
    @labro your yard looks amazing!

@southernpeach89 You are adorable! Looks like your shower was perfect.

@500days good choice in a car. My mom has a rav4 and loves it.  She works at a ski resort so needed something that would get up the mountain, and has had no issues in the winter. 

@minskat30 I'm so excited for you to never have to deal with the inspector again! 
  • Options
    @labro Don't freak out! I will help in whatever way possible!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - I hate going to the dentist, good luck with your filling!

@Swazzle - I love the mirror!

@audrewuh - I don't know how to made it to work at all today! I can barely function when I only get 5 hours of sleep.

@labro - I have to agree with everyone else that your yard looks amazing!

@500days - Yay new car! I love the Toyota Rav4s I thought about getting one the last time I bought a car but it was a little more than I really wanted to spend.

@GoldenPenguin - I love the purple! It looks fantastic!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had a great weekend mostly just because of what I've already AW'd. Other than that it was pretty laid back and we didn't do a lot. It's been really hot here lately (in the 90s almost every day) and I'm ready for it to cool down! 

This morning I sent an e-mail to my boss telling him I've had a change in my availability and would need to go part-time. I would've talked to him in person but he's never at our branch so e-mail it is. I haven't heard back from him so I don't really know what to make of that but honestly I don't really care. If they say no then I quit and get the hell out of here. I'm only asking to go part time because that's the responsible. adult thing to do since I do need the money.

I have to run to my bank to get something notarized for my new job. I'm meeting with HR after work today and on Friday afternoon the HR rep sent me this form saying I needed to have it notarized and bring it on Monday. I'm very annoyed at this because I met with her on Wednesday and she didn't give it to me then, instead I got it Friday after work. And I had to work on Saturday so today at lunch is the only time I have to go get this done. Had I realized I would need to find time to get something notarized I would've asked to meet later in the week.

• Options
    @labro - You've got this, I know it...your already the best aunt ever.  :)

@speakeasy14 - From your lips to God's ears hopefully.  Inspector dude is an ass.  

@goldenpenguin - LOVE the My Little Pony hair!!!
  • Options
    @audrewuh & @alpacina - I honestly do not know how we have been able to sleep. Especially since his mother has been anti air conditioning all summer.  Have I mentioned how excited I am to be in our own house?!
  • Options
    Questions:
    Have you had a cavity since you've been an adult?
    I have some now but I can't afford to get them all filled at once... Even with awesome insurance!!! So I get one filled every six months or so lol. I never had tooth enamel like normal people so my teeth are always having problems with damage.

Happy gas at the dentist today, yes or no?
    Yes!

What are you wearing? (Not like that, sicko!)
    Work clothes as usual lol

How often do you wash your hair?
    Three times a week usually. Dry shampoo every other day.

Hi everyone!!
    I have been super busy and not getting a lot of sleep this week. I haven't had a day off in like a week and a half since I decided to go back to my friends store plus I'm dogsitting still. This weekend I worked and went out for BF's brothers birthday, did a lot of running around in my free time also.

I have a new neighbor upstairs, I've known her for a couple months now and she's actually a dog trainer so I've asked her to help me straighten my dogs out a little. They're not bad, just noisey and the younger one is afraid of everything so we are gonna work on that. I also asked her if she'd take me on as a student so I could get experience and learn the business and she agreed! I don't know if I've mentioned this but I've been trying to get into dog training for a while now but life keeps getting in the way. I can't afford to quit my job and get an apprenticeship or anything like that and I went through all the volunteer training at the animal shelter a while back only to not be able to commit to them for as long as they wanted me to in order to progress. My whole reason for getting a business degree is to own my own pet-related business, at least that's the dream! So finally I feel like things are lining up for me :) hopefully this means if I get enough experience I can cut back my hours at Starbucks and do what i actually like.

I can't respond to everyone right now because I'm at work but I've read everything! Maybe I'll come back later :)
  • Options
    @goldenpenguin LOVING the hair!

• Options
    @bethsmiles I'm proud of you for this. I KNOW you can manage this and find another job where you'll be a lot happier!

• Options
    @labro - Thanks :) 

• Options
    @bethsmiles - "Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road."

• Options
    @bethsmiles for what it's worth I think quitting that job is the absolute best thing for you, it sounds awful! And I might be a little biased but Starbucks is VERY good and VERY flexible with its part time employees. You could probably easily get a part time gig there with hours you actually want and their starting pay is very good for the kind of job it is.
  • Options
    @bethsmiles you should look into tutoring.  When I lived in Massachusetts I tutored elementary school students after school.  It's only a few hours a week, but its in your field and would be part time work. If not, you're in a tourist area, I'm sure you could find part time work even if it is seasonal. 
  • Options
    @untouchablets & @speakeasy14 - Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into those for sure!

@AlPacina - That Wizard of Oz post is still my favorite!

• Options
    @cocobellaf sorry about your filling!

@labro your yard looks amazing!

@500days congrats on your new car!!!!!

@cu97tiger they are adorable! Your day sounds like a lot of fun!

@GoldenPenguin PURPLE HAIR! I love it!

So sorry I have been MIA; work has been crazy and my personal laptop died, and I hate using this site on mobile. So I will be in and out until my computer gets fixed/replaced and work calms down. 

FI and I spent all weekend cleaning and organizing because his family gets here on Wednesday. FMIL, FSIL, and FI's grandmother are all flying in from NY, and FBIL got the week off and will be driving down to stay with us as well. On top of that, one of my best friends is flying in on Saturday. I am super excited to see everyone but holy moly 7 people total (including FI and I) staying in our 1200 square foot place is going to be interesting! 

More cleaning and organizing tonight and tomorrow when we aren't at work, and then we are playing tour guides the rest of the week when not in work. FI is taking Wed-Friday off and I am taking this Friday off. 

I cannot wait until next Friday, which I am also taking off, because my best friend and I are going wedding dress shopping for me!!!!! :) I know it might be still slightly early, but the shop is having a trunk show for one of my favorite designers right when my best friend will be here, so I just had to since I don't have anyone to go with otherwise! My mother and aunt are going to Skype in as well. I am super excited for that! 

• Options
    Oh I forgot questions: 

Have you had a cavity since you've been an adult? Unfortunately more than I am willing to count. I have had to get one redone 3 times now, and I had to get my otherwise perfect fully grown in wisdom teeth pulled because the dentist couldn't get back far enough in my mouth to fill a cavity on it (probably why one developed in the first place as I couldn't get back there with my toothbrush; my cheek got in the way). I never got cavities as a kid and haven't changed my brushing habits, so I am not sure what is going on. I also have reduced the number of sweets that I eat. Go figure. 

Happy gas at the dentist today, yes or no? Yes! I love that stuff!

What are you wearing?  (Not like that, sicko!) Brand new jeans (since my old ones didn't fit anymore! Yay for weight loss!), a black tank top, a dark red cardigan, and dressy sandals. 

How often do you wash your hair? Every day during the week, and normally every other day on the weekends. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards