Chit Chat
Options

Today is boring

2»

Re: Today is boring

• Options

I'm always interested in a distraction from work!

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? 

Soccer, cheerleading, theater, chorus

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? 

I love live music and I've seen most of my favorites multiple times. The most though would be Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers, probably about 20 times. 

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? 

Same boring black ballet flats I wear most days to work

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? 

Mint Chocolate, Turkey Hill brand specifically because it has chocolate shavings and not chips. Or Toasted Coconut. 

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? 

We have a lot of fun things coming up in August: cousin's baby shower, friends' wedding, my bachelorette/shower weekend, and beer olympics with friends. 

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? 

I'd still want to live where I do now but we'd definitely do more traveling.

• Options

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? Drama club; mostly stage hand work, but I did have a small part in a play.  I was a saloon owner named Shnaghi Mami.  I got a job during the school year after sophomore year and my mom said I had to choose- job or activities- I took the money.

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? Smashing Pumpkins (2); I love live music but I just can't justify the price of concert tickets.  I like to go to the small free / mostly free places by me.  I guess technically if you count small concerts / farmer's market performances, the band I've seen the most is Guyz with Bad Eyez; ha ha!

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? Birkenstocks- yay for arch support!

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? How do I possibly choose?!  From Oberweise probably chocolate/peanut butter or chocolate chip; from DQ I love vanilla cones dipped in chocolate; I'm also crazy about gellato.

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? My shower;  It was stressful for a few days w/ guest-list issues, but that's been "resolved." 

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? Honestly, I'd probably stay in my little studio apartment in my current town because I love my town.  We'd take a lot of vacations in the winter (boo to cold and snow!).  If we didn't do that, we'd get a tiny house and find a beautiful piece of land to put it on.

• Options

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? Musical theatre

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? Never seen a band/artist more than once

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? Flat sandals with beading from target

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? chocolate

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? Getting married and starting my last year of my master’s program!

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? A nice suburb in Newport, RI. 

• Options
    DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2015

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? nada.

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? wow. I haven't been to a show in so long I cant even remember.  it was always something different ska or punk bands.

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? silver sandals

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? sherbet

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? I got invited to a huge quince, I'm looking forward to  seeing my extended family.

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? Orange County

• Options

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? In school: Play/Musical, Mock Trial/Model Congress, Environmental Club, Lit Mag, NHS. Outside of school: Horseback riding

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? Lol FI's old band from HS/College, but as far as a "professional" band, Portugal. The Man (2).

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? Black sandals

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? Coffee

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? Hmm..is it sad if I say nothing? I don't have any plans, except on Saturday I am looking at dresses. I'm less excited and more anxious.

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? I would stay in NYC, but probably move somewhere like Soho, Tribeca, or Chelsea. And, you know, lounge in my multi-million dollar townhouse.

• Options

I'm new here, can I play?

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? National Honor Society and book club (I was such a cool kid...) but also lettered in athletics so I like to think I was well rounded...

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? I've seen NSYNC and Justin TImberlake so since JT was involved in both I'd say him

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? I'm not wearing shoes

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough if I'm just getting some at the grocery store, Peanut Butter Cup Perfection from Cold Stone if I'm feeling like treating myself

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? My nieces coming to visit. They live on the other end of the country so I don't get to see them much so I am pumped!

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? Probably in the same area but in a nice house (I live in an apartment right now) but with the ability to travel more.

• Options

This just made my Thursday so much better!

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? Cross Country, Indoor Track, Outdoor Track, National Honor Society, Habitat for Humanity

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? Dave Matthews Band

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? gold gladiator sandals with a little wedge

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? Black raspberry (preferably with chocolate sprinkles!)

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? Two long weekends & lots of beach time

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? DH & I would definitely split our time between waterfront property in New England during the warmer months and Aruba October - April

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? Home economics club.  Because I had just moved and "needed to join a club and make friends".  

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? Reba (my 3rd time is coming up Aug 15th)

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? flats from payless. 

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? SF moose tracks.  I'm diabetic :( 

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? Reba concert

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? Summers in Chicago still, Autumn in Plymouth and winter/spring in Vegas.  I'm rich enough to split my time in those places right?

• Options
    edited July 2015

Oh man, I'm super late, but I'm bored and I like answering things...

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? Cheerleading, ballet, Art Guild, Peer Leadership

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? Hmmm, I'm not sure. Maynard in his various ensembles probably. 

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? None at the moment

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? Birthday Cake, but the kind with the icing swirls, not the cake chunks.

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? Going home to MD this weekend to see my best friend, eat crab cakes and see Faith No More.

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? Arizona or back to Maryland. I'm boring.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    mrscomposermrscomposer member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015

Yessssss.... work is the suck right now.

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school?  Ballet, volleyball, yearbook.  I was also the town babysitter

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? I don't think I've done any duplicates... Maybe Rebecca St. James when I was younger?   I'm not much of a concert person.  J is, though, so I anticipate many more in the future.  We've already been to see Arcade Fire, Sarah McLachlan, Tom Cochrane, and U2 in the last year.

3. What shoes are you currently wearing?  Work boots

4. Favorite ice cream flavor?  Bubblegum, but as long as it has real bubblegum and not those fake chippy things that dissolve right away.  The birthday cake at Marble Slab is pretty good, too - I get it with all the sprinkles.

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month?  MOVING.  HOME.  TO. ALBERTA.  Also resigning from my job that is hell.

6. If you won the lottery where would you live?  Probably where we're going to, actually.  It's adorable.  But we'd be travelling all the time.  We're actually planning on moving to Europe sometime in the next ten years, lottery free.

ETA the concerts I forgot about.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member

@jenna8984 I'm going to push hard for your condo in San Diego! We can be neighbors!!!

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school?  Softball, Peer Support

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? Hot Water Music or Rancid. I'm not sure.

3. What shoes are you currently wearing?  No shoes which is my favorite. 

4. Favorite ice cream flavor?  I don't like sugar or anything sweet. I realize this makes me not really human.

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month?  I'm dating someone, you guys! I thought I'd never date again after my divorce but it just kind of happened. So he and I have a couple fun events planned next week- attending a cocktail party at San Diego Museum of Art and then we're doing an overnight at the Safari Park which is a division of the San Diego Zoo. Every other weekend in the summer they offer a 21+ glamping event. I've wanted to do this for years and I'm finally doing it! They'll serve us dinner and drinks and then take us on a tour showcasing some of the animals that are nocturnal. There's a campfire and smores afterwards. Then we "camp" in a canvas tent except there's hardwood floors and a bed etc. and then they serve breakfast in the morning and then send us on our way. I'm also heading back east to see my family in a couple weeks and spend a week on the beach. I'll also get to see my BFF for the first time since she had her first child while I'm visiting.

6. If you won the lottery where would you live?  On a boat traveling the world. I'm actually trying to make this happen without hitting the lottery. It's just going to be a much less impressive boat. Which is fine because I want to be able to captain it myself anyway.

• Options

@mrscomposer congrats on being able to ditch your job! And I laughed at "Marble Slab" because it's got to be the Canadian version of Cold Stone, I wonder which came first??

@sparklepants41 Last time we went out for ice cream, I ordered purple cow which is black raspberry with chocolate chunks. The girl working was new and had no idea what it was so she just gave me black raspberry. It was good and all but I was SOO disappointed. lol

@lc07 Awwww yay! Obviously I love you since you helped me out with my wedding pics, so I've been wondering how you were doing. I am so happy for you to be dating again and found someone awesome. That glamping thing at the zoo sounds incredibly fun!!! I'm not a camper, I'm a hotel girl so that sounds like the perfect compromise getting to see animals and have smores but then getting a bed and meals haha.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

@mrscomposer congrats on being able to ditch your job! And I laughed at "Marble Slab" because it's got to be the Canadian version of Cold Stone, I wonder which came first??

@sparklepants41 Last time we went out for ice cream, I ordered purple cow which is black raspberry with chocolate chunks. The girl working was new and had no idea what it was so she just gave me black raspberry. It was good and all but I was SOO disappointed. lol

@lc07 Awwww yay! Obviously I love you since you helped me out with my wedding pics, so I've been wondering how you were doing. I am so happy for you to be dating again and found someone awesome. That glamping thing at the zoo sounds incredibly fun!!! I'm not a camper, I'm a hotel girl so that sounds like the perfect compromise getting to see animals and have smores but then getting a bed and meals haha.

Yes! Purple Cow! I love it when black raspberry has chocolate chunks. I see you are a pats fan - are you in MA too? If so, have you had Richardson's black raspberry with the dark and white chocolate chunks???
  • Options

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? Cross Country, Soccer, Dance, Junior Civitans, DREAM Team, Student Council, National Honors Society, Youth Group (VP for the district), Girl Scouts. 

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? I don't think any one in particular. I try not to duplicate people until I've seen everyone I want to see first.

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? Tennis Shoes.

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? Mint chocolate chip.

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? DH and I are going to the beach for the weekend leaving today. Then in a couple of weeks we're going for a week. We also have a wedding coming up with some of DH's college buddies and we're looking forward to seeing them.

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? We would live where we are now. We love where we live. but we'd buy a big chunk of land (at least 50-100 acres) and build our dream house on it. We'd probably have a lake house or beach house or mountain house too.

• Options
    @sparklepants41 yup in central MA. ooooo I have not had that. Is it a physical stand or something I can buy in the grocery store? I need to make my way up to Kimball's in Westford, they are the best.

• Options

@jenna8984 they have physical locations on the North Shore, but I'm on the South Shore so I get my Richardson's fix from places in downtown Boston that serve it.

And now I want ice cream.  

• Options
    We have Cold Stone too.  But I think Marble Slab was here first (in Canada at least)

• Options

TGIF!

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school?

My friend and I founded the Hispanic Club but we only went to one meeting. Sophomore year I got a job and that was that.

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times?

I've seen Marc Anthony 3x. My mom used to play his CD's growing up and I've loved him ever since.

3. What shoes are you currently wearing?

I am currently wearing my all black Huarache's which are so comfy, perfect for casual Friday.

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? Cherry Garcia- mmmm

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? My cousin is having a baby shower next month, his girlfriend is pregnant and expecting a girl in September. It's their first baby and the whole family is very excited.

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? I'd have a place in NYC & probably Miami and live in NYC in the Spring & Fall and Miami in the Summer & Winter.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'll play...

Because I don't feel like working...

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? Field hockey and track,  getting stoned in the alley behind the school (does that count as an activity?)

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? Sadly, Dave Matthews Band (6 times?), but that was a long time ago. I've seen TV on the Radio 3 times recently.

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? Crocs - they're jellies and extremely comfortable: http://www.amazon.com/crocs-11238-Womens-Adrina-Flat/dp/B003YBQ2E0

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? Ben & Jerry's Phish Food or Half Baked 

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? Two three-day weekends, one for my sister's wedding and one for H's cousin's wedding.

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? One house in Hawaii, another in rural Oregon, where I would have a vineyard and a Christmas tree farm

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lc07  How was your overnight at the Safari Park?!
  • Options

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? I played hockey and soccer. I was super involved with my youth group. I was homeschooled so didn't get to participate in most of the traditional clubs and activities.

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? I've seen Britt Nicole once and Newsboys once. That's it.

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? None. I'm barefoot.

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate chip mint. Or anything with tons of chocolate swirls and chunks.

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? Vacay!!!!  Meeting my new nephew and going to weddings!!

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? Probably not a different city or state, but definitely in a nicer house!!  Also maybe a vacation home somewhere warm like Hawaii.

• Options
    edited August 2015

I was wondering why this post was so long!

1. What sports/ clubs/ activities did you do in high school? Rowing, Soccer, Ski Club, National Honors Society, French Club

2. Which band/ artist have you seen live the most times? Ben Folds (2). I'm not much of a concert-goer

3. What shoes are you currently wearing? my New Zealand All Blacks Havianas. I do have black heels to change into for meetings.

4. Favorite ice cream flavor? Cold Stone Cake Batter

5. What are you looking forward to in the next month? Our anniversary and the trip we'll be on during it (Punta Mita)

6. If you won the lottery where would you live? We'd still live in Arizona and probably in the same house, but we'd also get a flat in London.

ETF- punctuation

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    @lc07  How was your overnight at the Safari Park?!
    It's on Friday night! I'm so excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards