Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Snoozeday

Re: Tuesday Snoozeday

• @labro Let me know how your clothes are from thred up.  I love what I've gotten so far. I returned some pants because I thought they were grey but were black. 

@goldenpenguin Thanks.  I hope she will call but I won't hold my breathe unfortunately.

I'm starting to just focus on work and all of the good things that happened and trying to get my mind off of it. 

Anniversary

• @Swazzle Yeah I think the thing I'm concerned about is fit but I think it should be ok. I also ordered some things for Callie and that's the stuff I'm more concerned about - I'm hoping they are in good condition!

• @untouchablets Good luck with the new job today! It sounds like so much fun. 

@Swazzle Sorry you had to walk in the rain! :( Your H's tattoo sounds really cool!

@lavenderfields13 *hugs* I'm sorry the apartment didn't work out. I hope you guys find something great soon!

@minskat30 Crossing all appendages and sending so many vibes for a smooth inspection!

@southernpeach89 Oh my gosh, Callie definitely needs to stay put for a few more weeks! Happy 34 weeks! And LOL at yet another squash in your ticker.

@cu97tiger I'm glad you're finally getting news about that position, even if it's potentially not what you wanted to hear. Please update us after the call!

@caseface5 Sounds like you're going to have a great cheer year! Hooray!

@peaseblossom55 *hugs* I'm sorry your mom didn't call. That really sucks. I hope your birthday was otherwise fantastic?

@GoldenPenguin Bummer about the BA meal! :( I'm glad a new shipment comes today though. What meal is it?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @GoldenPenguin LOL at Violet being a Princess. Maddux does the same thing...he doesn't like to squat in the wet grass.
  • I loooooooove your invites, @eilis1228!!!
  • @southernpeach89 - She is NEVER like that!! She usually goes right now, no problem. H took her out and she just stood in the driveway and stared at him and then came right back in. Apparently she needed someone to go ALL the way outside with her - she didn't want to be the only one getting wet. SUCH a stinker.

*******************************************************************************************

• @GoldenPenguin Oh ok that's better than Maddux...he just doesn't like to get his precious bottom wet and will refuse to poo in the rain even if we go with him.
  • @eilis1228 Thanks otherwise it was great day!

Anniversary

• @goldenpenguin Boo that stinks, I hate throwing food out. We had salmon last night mmm

@eilis1228 Those are beautiful!! Also you cracked me up when you said "crossing all appendages"

@misskittydanger that sucks that you also got shitty sleep last night, hope you can make up for it tonight and your H's head feels better

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @labro I order stuff from ThredUp all the time.  There's only been a few items that I had issues with, but their customer service is awesome and they let me return them with no issue. -- I should add I bought a bunch of outfits for my nieces and nephew and none of them had any stains or holes.  

Side note - I can't remember who I promised this to, but Rent the Runway is having one of their clearance sales.  
  • @eilis1228 omg those invites are gorgeous! That's awesome that you're getting them for free!
  • @eilis1228 wow gorg invites!!

@jenna8984 same. he's always been prone to migraines so I really hope he goes to clinic today :-\
  • @untouchablets - I hope you have a fabulous first day! What are you going to tell the trainer your goals are?

@swazzle - Okay, so now that I'm obsessed with PLL..... Have they ever told you that you're going to know who A is, and then didn't tell you? Like, are they probably still not going to reveal who A is in this finale?

@Peaseblossom55 - That is so disappointing you didn't hear from your mom, and it's probably worse because you didn't hear from ME either! Happy belated birthday!

@goldenpenguin - You didn't do any vegetarian dishes this week? I liked them so much that I'm doing TWO! They looked so awesome. Also, you should just try and make the tortas for yourself sometime. They are in my top 3 of the recipes I've done so far.

@eilis1228 - I've made invites myself before, too. They take so much work. I am so insanely impressed by how nice yours look! So awesome!

---------------------------------------

Did you hit snooze today? Nope.

How many times do you usually hit that snooze button? If I ever do, it's once. But by that point I'd rather just call in sick and keep sleeping.

What would you rather be doing right now? Playing piano, then watching PLL when my arms get tired.

-----------------------------------------

I think it's hilarious that these questions were chosen because the snooze button has been the bane of my existence for the last couple of weeks. My BF is having a hard time staying motivated to work, so he's been pressing snooze anywhere between 4 and 7 times in a morning. I already get up at freakin 5:20. I don't need alarms starting at 4 and continuing on until mine goes off. He's not willing to compromise, so I finally wore ear plugs last night and that helped TREMENDOUSLY. I was about to sleep in the guest room. Plus, with the quitting smoking again I am really impressed that I managed to hold it together and not freak the hell out on him, because he really actually deserves it.

I didn't post in the daily thread yesterday because I got SO MUCH WORK DONE. It was a damn productive day, and I'm so glad I did it.

• @alpacina - No veggie dishes this week! I am annoyed though because in a few weeks, there are salmon burgers again, and I really want to combine those with a three-cheese calzone and eggplant and mozzarella paninis - and you can't! In order to get the paninis, you have to get all three veggie options, and I don't want the third one.

*******************************************************************************************

• @GoldenPenguin Wow, all three meals sound delicious this week. Please report back!

@AlPacina They only look so good because we had our friend's parents helping us. They've been doing this sort of thing for decades and made sure everything was set correctly. It took them 2 hours to get the right combo of foil, heat, and pressure on the main invitations. Had we been left to our devices, they would not look as sharp lol. How did you make the invitations you referenced? Would love to see pics!

@everyone else-- THANK YOU! I'm so excited with how they turned out. I had forgotten what we decided on earlier this summer for the design, and it was a nice surprise to see it all. The Death Star especially cracked me up. I'd forgotten that FI requested it and that our friend's mom said she would redesign the lace to include it. I can't wait to send these to everyone!

• @AlPacina, @GoldenPenguin - I like the chicken tortas but I didn't love them. The sandwich was a bit too dry, I really wish it had come with a sauce. I made the salmon last night and that was delicious. I'm really excited about the meatballs this week.

• @alpacina Wow you are holding shit together- well done!!! I would have ripped his freaking head off to hear an alarm for an hour and a half, that is just rude.

• @untouchablets I hope your first day is great! It sounds like a really cool job.

@swazzle I love your H's new design. Is his goal to work up to a full sleeve or something? Also, yay new booties and clothes coming in, but damn the rain! Here's to tomorrow being drier. How is the commute going?

@minksat30 Vibes for a solid inspection so your brain can move on to thinking of better, more relaxing things!

@southernpeach89 Nesting! You've made it! It's crazy pants that girls on your month board are already giving birth. Tell Callie she needs to be full velociraptor size, which requires a minimum of four more weeks in there. 

@goldenpenguin Vi and Molly are very similar in their rain potty habits. It's a shame we love our dogs so much. 

@peaseblossom55 I'm sorry your mom didn't reach out on your birthday. I would definitely not send something mean to her. A simple "hey mom, I didn't hear from you yesterday. It hurt my feelings. I hope you're okay." might be more productive. 

----------------------------

Did you hit snooze today?
    YAS. 
    How many times do you usually hit that snooze button?
    On the average work day, I usually hit it for a full hour, hour and a half. I have been known to hit the snooze for a solid two hours. I've never been good at waking up. It's the bane of my existence. 
    What would you rather be doing right now?
    Sleeping, watching season 3 of OTINB (I watched the season 2 finale last night and OMG), or rearranging the TV situation in my house. H took the TV from the living room into the guest room, the TV in my sewing room is broken, and having a TV in the bedroom is really messing with my (respons)ability to go to sleep at a decent hour. I want to move TV from the bedroom to the living room. 

The office is loud and busy this morning and I can't focus even if I wanted to. I was super productive yesterday, and then had an even more productive evening at @eilis1228's house. I used it all up. Now I sit here and aimlessly knot. 

It doesn't help that my non-work hours this week are significantly more exciting than what I need to get done at work. 

Tonight will be my third rehearsal with the barbershop chorus I want to join, which means that I'll finally be eligible to pick up an audition packet. The audition process takes four weeks, so I should be in by September! I'm super stoked. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @eilis1228 - I don't have any pictures of the invitations. I used a lot of rubber cement for the main design, and a hot glue gun to stick on these little plastic flowers. Then stuck some jewels on them and called it a day, haha! Not even close to professional, but I took my time and was pretty glad they turned out so well. The death star is so awesome. Are you sending them to US?!? (You did say everyone)

@swazzle - My favorite thing was that the tortas didn't have sauce. That's so rare. Between the juices of the tomato, the marinated onion, and the juicy chicken I thought it had plenty of moisture. But everything is better with some/more sauce. ;) I REALLY liked the side salad though.

@jenna8984 - I really wasn't kidding when I said I haven't been in a bad mood since I moved into the new place. It's been ridiculously hard for me to be unhappy about anything. . . If it were the old house, I'm sure we wouldn't even be talking to each other right now, haha.

• @southernpeach89 - did you notice that your Squash of the Week is quite phallic? 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @audrewuh Thanks, I'm pretty much over it and may not even bother to address it. You are right though, a nasty email or whatever won't get me anywhere.  I feel like no matter how I say that I was hurt or disappointed it won't get through, or she'll throw money at me to make up for it. 

Anniversary

• @audrewuh - The commute is good. Today will be the first try at my "late" commute since I did it last week and got on the wrong train (which was a crazy night in general because the Turnpike was shut down). I'm feeling much more confident now! I enjoy my morning walk, it's actually pretty relaxing. Good luck and have fun tonight! 

• audrewuh said:
    @southernpeach89 - did you notice that your Squash of the Week is quite phallic? 
    bahaha! Yes I see that. 
  • @goldenpenguin - We're going to have the salmon tonight, too. It looks yummy.

I still feel like poop and am really digging out of a huge hole at work. So I'm just cranky mccrankypants.

I did not get the job, but I had some good productive discussions with some of the higher ups and I know there are good opportunities coming my way here soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2015
    Did you hit snooze today?no
    How many times do you usually hit that snooze button?only sometimes when I nap
    What would you rather be doing right now?working. lol

eilis1228 Those are beautiful invites!
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • @swazzle - I'm glad the commute is working out! Good luck to you, too! I'm oddly jealous that you get the chance to commute like that. I know it's weird, but I really enjoy trains (especially when I know which Penn Station stop to get off at...)

@southernpeach89 you have a penis squash inside you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards