Chit Chat

What's pissing you off today?

Re: What's pissing you off today?

• I'm pissed that I had to put my cat down today. She was 20+ years old and had a myriad of health problems and I know logically it was the right thing but that doesn't make it easier and I'm pissed that FI and I have to deal with it because it's hard as hell. It hasn't quite sunk in yet and the house is going to be way too quiet. This sucks.
    Oh no! I'm so sorry. I know how much this hurts and my heart is aching for you. We recently had to put our 2 year old pup down and my boss wouldn't let me leave to be there, so FI had to do it on his own. It's been months and it still hurts. Sending so many hugs. :'(
    Your boss is a heartless ass.  Not cool.

• randomsloverandomslove member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    Someone I love getting back together with an abusive dude when the whole family was there to support her...

ETA: I'm pissed at the situation, and I'm pissed because there are kids involved, and kids should not be put in that position.

• jenna8984 said:
    This might be an UO here, but I think your child's wedding trumps prom. I mean, I just can't compare the two. It is the brother's decision if he wants to go to prom, but as a parent I'd be at my son's wedding.
    For some parents I am sure missing either would be very hard on them and having to pick one would be very hard if not impossible.  

I guess this is why checking the dates with your VIPs is extremely important.

I don't think proms get booked until like 4 months out (I was on our committee) so they probably planned the wedding first and the date was available for everyone at the time. I mean high school graduation is a big deal that family should be there for- my brother was class president and spoke at his and I wasn't able to go because the SAT was that day. Different scenario yes but I still think something that affects the rest of your life (like a new family member, or in my case getting into college) is a little more important than something "high schooly" that affects you for one day.
    Just to play devil's advocate here - when you're in high school, things that don't seem important to adults ARE important to the kids. It might seem silly years later, but things like prom are a big deal. I would've been so bummed out to miss a night with all of my friends, one of the last big events in high school, to go to my sibling's wedding. I would be happy for my sibling and welcoming to the new family member but really sad to miss out on memories with my friends. It can be a big deal for mom and dad as well, one more reminder that in a few short months, their kid will be an adult and possibly going off to college or moving away. I get why it's hard for these parents to decide who's going to which event and maybe are trying to make it as fair as possible.
    I get that prom probably trumps wedding for FBIL. It is his senior year etc... But the parent thing is dumb. It's not like they get to ATTEND the prom, they get 15-20 minutes of picture snapping time and then the kid is out the door. I agree they should have a trusted adult who is not attending the wedding (parent of another boy going with the same group?) be in charge of taking pics and making sure the boys return to their home by curfew and stay the night there. Parents get pics, and don't miss their son's wedding over a brief "oh you look so handsome!" moment.
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    Today is World Elephant day and my Facebook feed is full of pictures of elephants who have been poached (and one heartbreaking pic of a baby elephant hugging her dead mom). I am so pissed off at poachers. I am usually against the death penalty, but I would make an exception for them.
  • @arrippa I hadn't seen that one of the baby, but I get with the poaching ones :( I would have cried because my immediate thought is "Dumbo" and that scene makes me cry every time!!!

Couple things working my nerves today.

1 - woke up with a headache
    2 - headache turning into migraine because someone in my office building is doing renos and they're really close. Feels like forever, but they were consistent for like an hour doing stuff
    3 - people are going into my apartment today to fix the balcony. I hate when they go in and I'm not there. I have to reclean some of the carpet and I don't want my landlord to see it and us get into shit. Before anyone says to close the door, I can't. It's the spare room that has the cat's litter box and one of my cats hates closed doors. {don't ask}
    My only hope is they don't look around and see it.
  • I have a half day today. It's been on the calendar for months. Which means that I try to cram all day into four hours because it's easier than passing work off to someone else. My boss has been up my ass a lot lately and he just comes in and tells me that he needs me to follow-up on like 1,000 things "this afternoon". No, guy. I need to do as much of my regular work as I can and GTFO.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @arrippa I hadn't seen that one of the baby, but I get with the poaching ones :( I would have cried because my immediate thought is "Dumbo" and that scene makes me cry every time!!!

2 - headache turning into migraine because someone in my office building is doing renos and they're really close. Feels like forever, but they were consistent for like an hour doing stuff
    3 - people are going into my apartment today to fix the balcony. I hate when they go in and I'm not there. I have to reclean some of the carpet and I don't want my landlord to see it and us get into shit. Before anyone says to close the door, I can't. It's the spare room that has the cat's litter box and one of my cats hates closed doors. {don't ask}
    I thought all cats hated closed doors!  Mine are the happiest guys on the planet, until you restrict their access to a room.  Then they scream and cry bloody murder!
  • What's pissing me off today? TECH SUPPORT. Auuughhh. Need I say more?

• I have a new one today:  my sister friend requested me on facebook, and I don't want to accept, and DH thinks I'm being ridiculous.  This is her 4th attempt, but she clearly still hasn't learned her lesson.

She also texted me to ask how many lights were on my xmas tree this year (3000), because she needs to start planning her decorations. 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm pissed that I had to put my cat down today. She was 20+ years old and had a myriad of health problems and I know logically it was the right thing but that doesn't make it easier and I'm pissed that FI and I have to deal with it because it's hard as hell. It hasn't quite sunk in yet and the house is going to be way too quiet. This sucks.
    Oh no! I'm so sorry. I know how much this hurts and my heart is aching for you. We recently had to put our 2 year old pup down and my boss wouldn't let me leave to be there, so FI had to do it on his own. It's been months and it still hurts. Sending so many hugs. :'(
     Wow, your boss is a miserable person. It's so much more difficult with a young pet. You don't have the time to prepare for that loss. I'm so sorry.

• luckya23 said:

I have a new one today:  my sister friend requested me on facebook, and I don't want to accept, and DH thinks I'm being ridiculous.  This is her 4th attempt, but she clearly still hasn't learned her lesson.

She also texted me to ask how many lights were on my xmas tree this year (3000), because she needs to start planning her decorations

Wow, I'd text her back and say "It's August. No normal human being should be wasting their time thinking of this until November at the earliest."
  • lyndausvi said:
    luckya23 said:

I have a new one today:  my sister friend requested me on facebook, and I don't want to accept, and DH thinks I'm being ridiculous.  This is her 4th attempt, but she clearly still hasn't learned her lesson.

She also texted me to ask how many lights were on my xmas tree this year (3000), because she needs to start planning her decorations. 

I keep those people in permanent limbo. I never decline, but I never accept either.  That way they can't re-request.

The notification on my phone popped up a few times this morning, which was annoying, but now that I looked at it on the computer and neither confirmed nor denied, it hasn't been a nuisance since, thankfully!  Hopefully it doesn't keep reminding me.

I think she cancelled the old requests, or maybe they expire?

Wow, your boss is a miserable person. It's so much more difficult with a young pet. You don't have the time to prepare for that loss. I'm so sorry.

It was just the two of us in the middle of the night and nothing was even going on. We were literally making sure nothing spontaneously combusted. We kind of knew it was coming. He had a lot of health issues and I had to help him with everything from finding his food bowl to helping him up and down the stairs. I'm still bitter because I feel like I couldn't be there for him when he needed me most and I didn't get to say good bye. I felt awful for FI too, because he'd never actually been there when any of his family pets were put down, so he had no clue what to expect.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

• lyndausvi said:
    luckya23 said:

I keep those people in permanent limbo. I never decline, but I never accept either.  That way they can't re-request.

Yeah, I only accept friend requests from people that I actually care what is going on in their life.  Even if that means denying requests from family.  Just because they are related to me doesn't mean I want to hear about every detail of their life or get constant posts of crap they are selling (Origami Owl & Thirty-One bags are the latest) or game requests (posting nothing but game requests will get you unfriended). And I do often just ignore the requests and leave them in limbo, like lyndausvi said.  And I am not sorry about it... not even a little.

• lyndausvi said:
    luckya23 said:

Yeah, I only accept friend requests from people that I actually care what is going on in their life.  Even if that means denying requests from family.  Just because they are related to me doesn't mean I want to hear about every detail of their life or get constant posts of crap they are selling (Origami Owl & Thirty-One bags are the latest) or game requests (posting nothing but game requests will get you unfriended). And I do often just ignore the requests and leave them in limbo, like lyndausvi said.  And I am not sorry about it... not even a little.
    Ugh I've got a few people like this... mine is ItWorks! skinny wrap things and Rodan & Fields, and a few other occasionals from Jamberry and Pampered Chef.  The first two are the worst though, I'm about to unfriend them, they post 1-2 times a day about the crap they're selling.  
    Married 9.12.15

• luckya23 said:

If she won't stop cancelling and re-requesting you, you can always accept and then change the settings to make her "restricted" (she can't see anything that an non-friend can't see) and unfollow her posts. I have some FB friends like that. It was just easier and I never have to see their crap.

I thought all cats hated closed doors!  Mine are the happiest guys on the planet, until you restrict their access to a room.  Then they scream and cry bloody murder!
    Mine are like that. You go to the bathroom and they have to push their way in. Though we have started to close the spare bathroom door at night. The kitten kept going in there any screaming bloody murder at night. Little weirdo.

• lyndausvi said:
    luckya23 said:

Ugh I've got a few people like this... mine is ItWorks! skinny wrap things and Rodan & Fields, and a few other occasionals from Jamberry and Pampered Chef.  The first two are the worst though, I'm about to unfriend them, they post 1-2 times a day about the crap they're selling.  
    For the Thirty-One stuff, she's pretty good about just posting to her Thirty-One group page (which I've declined to be a part of) and only posts the occasional event invite.  The Origami Owl one posts every fricking thing to her Origami Owl group and then shares each one to her personal page also.  So, even blocking the Origami Owl didn't stop it from getting to my feed.  So, I had to unfriend... to save my sanity. 

• luckya23 said:

If she won't stop cancelling and re-requesting you, you can always accept and then change the settings to make her "restricted" (she can't see anything that an non-friend can't see) and unfollow her posts. I have some FB friends like that. It was just easier and I never have to see their crap.

That won't work because what's going on on facebook is a CONSTANT topic of conversation with other members of my family.  So then I would hear "What do you mean you didn't that???" and she would hear the same and know she was restricted.

It's only every few months that she re-requests.  She probably just wants more attention for her multiple posts a day about her 6 week pregnancy.

• lyndausvi said:
    luckya23 said:

I've never heard of any of these things! Other than an old HS friend who sells Mary Kay, I don't know anyone who sells any of this stuff.

Vaguely fascinated...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• luckya23 said:

She also texted me to ask how many lights were on my xmas tree this year (3000), because she needs to start planning her decorations

Wow, I'd text her back and say "It's August. No normal human being should be wasting their time thinking of this until November at the earliest."

She starts decorating/puts up her tree on Halloween!

• I just got my assignment re-write back, so my final grade there is now an 80%.  Not where I want it, but better than before.  I just have no idea what more she wants.  I could go into way more detail, but when you have 2-3 major questions, research to include and 5 double spaced pages you can't go into great depth.  I feel like I'm going to tank this final assignment now.  :(

Fuck this shit.  I'm baking cookies this afternoon.  Not sure if I'll save any for DH either

• julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015

lyndausvi said:
    luckya23 said:

I've never heard of any of these things! Other than an old HS friend who sells Mary Kay, I don't know anyone who sells any of this stuff.

Vaguely fascinated...
    Oh I wish I didn't know what they were.  ItWorks are these wrap things you wrap around your belly and it's supposed to make you skinnier.  It's stupid, especially because they also sell health food products and crap like that.  And the girl I know that sells them is overweight, so it makes no sense how often she's pushing these since it doesn't appear they're really working for her.    Rodan & Fields is skincare, I think they also do late night infomercials with Cindy Crawford as their spokesperson.  Jamberry is nail wrap things (and I admit they're kind of cool and I have bought them before, I just get tired of reading about them).
    Married 9.12.15

• lyndausvi said:
    luckya23 said:

Vaguely fascinated...

Thirty-One sells tote bags, purses, and other various storage type products where you can customize them with embroidery.  Some of them are okay and I've seen some of the organization items that would be good for kids/families, but not my style and not something I need.

Origami Owl makes custom jewelry & lockets.  You choose what decoration you want in it, kind of like a charm bracelet idea, but putting everything into a clear locket instead. I prefer small, minimal jewelry, so again it's just not at all my style.

It was just the two of us in the middle of the night and nothing was even going on. We were literally making sure nothing spontaneously combusted. We kind of knew it was coming. He had a lot of health issues and I had to help him with everything from finding his food bowl to helping him up and down the stairs. I'm still bitter because I feel like I couldn't be there for him when he needed me most and I didn't get to say good bye. I felt awful for FI too, because he'd never actually been there when any of his family pets were put down, so he had no clue what to expect.

I don't blame you for being bitter about it. I mentioned my cat to a coworker last night and he told me how his family had to put their dog down a few years ago and they got a new puppy two weeks later and everything was fine. He suggested I get a kitten and basically get over it. Some people just don't understand how pets can become family members.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got this text from my BFF last night (whose boyfriend is ring shopping):
    "Out of curiosity, hypothetically: what would you say if I told you that M and I had signed the paperwork at city hall and gotten married, but were planning a ceremony 6 months down the road? (hasn't happened... just wondering what you think of it.  Would you think "what's the point in a ceremony?" or "So mad that I wasn't there when you first did it?" or "yeah, they be broke and want to get on with their lives"

I completely outlined why I would think #1 and #2, and she came around.  However, when I read the text to J, he said "meh.  That's what (groomsman) and (wife) did". 

Darling.  Just because one of your BFFs did it, doesn't make it right.  Besides.  GM told us how pissed off people were that they did it, and he wished that they didn't. 

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**

• lyndausvi said:
    luckya23 said:

For the Thirty-One stuff, she's pretty good about just posting to her Thirty-One group page (which I've declined to be a part of) and only posts the occasional event invite.  The Origami Owl one posts every fricking thing to her Origami Owl group and then shares each one to her personal page also.  So, even blocking the Origami Owl didn't stop it from getting to my feed.  So, I had to unfriend... to save my sanity. 

FI's ex wife sells that Origami Owl stuff and is always posting her "sales" on FB and is constantly asking me when I want to place my first order. It's been 2 years since she started asking. I've told her no every time she asks. She doesn't get the hint. She has even resorted to having FI's daughter ask me what I want out of the catalog. I told him to put a big stop to that. Please do not use your children to peddle your crap.
  • Today was supposed to be payday. I say SUPPOSED to be because my coworkers and I signed in to our accounts this morning and realized that nobody got paid...... and we work at a bank.
    The email from our HR lady said "Currently our payroll is scheduled to hit our accounts on Monday. This is due to the 15th falling on a Saturday. I am working to see if this can be corrected."

That is absolute BS!!!!!!!!!! Payroll always goes through the Friday before if payday falls on a Saturday. Sounds to me like somebody upstairs made a mistake and they are trying to cover their butts. Unfortunately, not all of us have the luxury of 2 incomes and live paycheck to paycheck. Like me. And my entire department.

Not cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards