Chit Chat

Procrastination Friday

Putting off these commission reports at work....

What did you have for dinner last night? Turkey burgers with tostitos & guac

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? My mom sewed me a princess gown that I insisted on wearing for about 5 years in a row until I finally outgrew it (she made it huge to fit over winter coat here in MA)

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Window with my legs up against the window.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? I have 2 friends that I think will ask me if they choose to get married (they were my only 2 maids)

What color is your current purse? Cobalt blue leather

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? Example one of my friends has owl decorations all over her house so her "thing" is owls and people buy them for her when they see a cute one. I really don't have one myself.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Mine is older by 7 months.

Are you allergic to anything? Not that I know of, besides normal seasonal dust and pollen

Re: Procrastination Friday

• What did you have for dinner last night? Ugh this terrible rosemary and lemon chicken over pasta

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? My aunt made me a soccer ball costume one year, and another year she made an octopus costume

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Aisle.  I don't want to be blocked in.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? Hopefully not.  I like to think I would have the balls to decline if asked.

What color is your current purse? Turquoise, of course

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? The little license plate name tags and state magnets, both often found in rest stops or airports.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Younger by 14 months 

Are you allergic to anything? Dust, pollen, dogs & cats

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• What did you have for dinner last night? Ramen noodle, not because I'm broke but because I was lazy

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? A black cat. I was that for at least 5 years

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Never been on a plane

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? Never been one

What color is your current purse? dark blue with white and green (patterned)

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? Chickens. I have actual chickens and people will get me chicken figurines randomly. I take them to work so I can always be with my chickens lol

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Old by 5 years

Are you allergic to anything? Vicodin and codeine,

• I love these! @jenna8984 I'm trying to picture you with your legs up against and airplane window and I'm seeing a weird, pretzel-like position.

What did you have for dinner last night? Whole wheat pasta with broccoli and sliced mozz and tomato on the side.

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? My mom was a sewer too and she made this ridiculously awesome mouse costume. I still love the photos of me wearing it.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? I usually like the window but will take any seat if my H is there to lean against.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? I've never been one! None of my friends are engaged at the moment but maybe in the future, yes.

What color is your current purse? Black leather. I'm boring and like to get purses that match everything.

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it?salt and pepper shakers! My mom just gave me some really cute pig ones she found in the antique shop she works at, and we often buy them when we're on vacation, etc. I have at least a dozen sets now.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? H is 16 months younger than me

Are you allergic to anything? Nope, except the last time i was at my in-laws I tried some really small eggplants (I forget what they were called) and my mouth got all numb/tingly, so imma lay off those for now.

• What did you have for dinner last night? BBQ'd Chicken, Couscous with cumin and lemon, and redpepper and onions

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? I was an odd child. I wanted to be a Marshmallow on a stick one year. And I wish I had a picture I could post because it was amazing.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Window seat so I can sleep

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? No, I'm one of the last to get married. I have a close friend who is engaged but she is the type of person who has a zillion best friends so I dont think I'd end up in the party.

What color is your current purse? Mint Green leather

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? Star Wars lego. Its not me that collects it, its FI but everyone knows our house is full of it.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Older by 2 years. I'll be 29, him 31 right after our wedding.

Are you allergic to anything? Cats. Cats are evil. Ragweed and blue spruce. (One year before we knew about the spruce allergy my parents bought a blue spruce as a christmas tree for something different. Both my dad and I were covered in hives within 5 minutes and both of us were feeling light headed).

• cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015

What did you have for dinner last night? Went out to dinner with some girlfriends last night - had a chicken parm sandwich that I was thoroughly unimpressed with.

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? Probably the year I went as Little Red Riding Hood. 

Which seat do you like on an airplane? The aisle seat. I have to pee all the time and I hate having to bug sleeping people to get up and let me out. Plus I feel less clausterphobic

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? Maybe - I have one girlfriend that's getting serious with her SO but she'd like to have a long engagement when the time comes - hopefully we'll still be friends and she'll ask me to be a bridesmaid!

What color is your current purse? My big "throw everything in it" purse is black. My little "just need a wallet and my phone" purse is cobalt blue 

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? Cupcakes. I don't collect them by any means but I LOVE cupcakes and it became a thing for me. The other day, one of my coworker friends gave me a leftover luggage tag from her ThirtyOne days and it's a cupcake.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? H is almost 6 months older than me to the day.

Are you allergic to anything? Nope

ETF - spelling

• What did you have for dinner last night? Went to Red Robin since we were out shopping for FI and his BM's wedding outfits (which stupidly enough, has been one of the more stressful things about this wedding).  Had the BLTA croissant and fries.

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? My mom put together this adorable bunny costume when I was 3 or 4.  Footie pajamas over a hoodie with ears sewn on the hood part, and a cotton tail sewn onto the backside.  Eyeliner nose and whiskers.  I looked really fucking cute in pictures.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Window so I can lean against the wall.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? I've never been one and can't see who I'd be one for in the future.  Have one good single girlfriend but a wedding is nowhere in sight for her, and she moved out of state anyway so we're not as close as we once were.

What color is your current purse? Black leather.

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it?Ummm, not really a collection but I have a lot of cookbooks.  So far that's the only thing we've decorated with in our new house.  Otherwise people will think I really love neutrals (browns/beige/gray)... which I do.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? He's younger by 11 months.

Are you allergic to anything? I don't think so but have had a rough time with the usual pollen stuff this year, I think cause we live out in open space on land now, and it's windy.

Married 9.12.15
  • @SoontobeMrsKlein your marshmallow costume sounds adorable!
  • edited August 2015

What did you have for dinner last night? Sloppy Joes (I just got the Lunch Lady song by Adam Sandler stuck in your head; didn't I?) and it's my lunch today too because there were leftovers!

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? I had one of those plastic get-ups with a plastic face mask of Snoopy.  Still a HUGE Peanuts fan to this day.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Aisle all the way!

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? I have only been a bridesmaid once and I don't think I'll ever even be asked again.

What color is your current purse? I only use a purse on the weekends (I only own one purse in fact) and it's a blue cross body bag. 

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it?  Owls- and I liked them before they were "in."  I had to ban people from buying me any more owl things.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Older by almost 3 full years.

Are you allergic to anything? Not that I know of, besides normal seasonal dust and pollen.

• edited August 2015
    luckya23 said:

What did you have for dinner last night? Ugh this terrible rosemary and lemon chicken over pasta

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? My aunt made me a soccer ball costume one year, and another year she made an octopus costume

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? Hopefully not.  I like to think I would have the balls to decline if asked.

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? The little license plate name tags and state magnets, both often found in rest stops or airports.

Did you look like this?

Love actually (2003) Film Complet en Streaming

ETA:  @julieanne912, cookbooks are also a "thing" for me.  If I could have a whole bookshelf or library of cookbooks (think Ina Garten) I WOULD!

• What did you have for dinner last night? Teriyaki chicken rice bowl.  We went out for dinner

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? I borrowed a Shreddies costume once (Freddie and Eddie, from the commercials)

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Used to be window, now aisle so I can get out quick.  But I usually take the middle cos DH likes the aisle too and he lets me cuddle up and sit all over him 

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? Nope.  All my close friends are married and no one is looking like divorce at the moment

What color is your current purse? I don't own a purse

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it?  I collect Cirque magnets from each show I see.  People often get me hedgehog things, but it's tapering off.  I also used to get a lot of "carrot" things, cos I'm a redhead.  People called me carrot in junior high and it all started piling up.  I ran into one old friend from back then and he still called me Carrot.  I ignored him/pretended I couldn't hear until he used my real name.    

Is your significant other older or younger than you? DH is older by almost 10 years 

Are you allergic to anything? I think some cats, and maybe penicillin, though it's not a for sure.  

• luckya23 said:

What did you have for dinner last night? Ugh this terrible rosemary and lemon chicken over pasta

Did you look like this?

Love actually (2003) Film Complet en Streaming
    It was way more "home ec" looking than that!

• What did you have for dinner last night? Homemade macaroni & cheese and asian-style pork ribs.

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? Hmmmm. I was Jasmine in first grade and I loved that costume.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Window.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? Probably if my sister ever gets married. Other than that, probably not.

What color is your current purse? It's straw so tan-ish.

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? Penguins. Bear and Hawks stuff. 

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Older by about a year and a half. 

Are you allergic to anything? Bees. Stupidity. Narcissism. Arrogance. 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited August 2015

I'll play!

What did you have for dinner last night? Spinach and four cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce. It was so bad for me.. but so good.

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? Growing up, my dad was a musician. I always thought rock stars were so cool. One year I dressed up like one and my mom let me put blue in my hair.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Window seat all the way!

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? Probably once more. Maybe twice.

What color is your current purse? Tan and white.

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? I collect owl decor. I am actually terrified of owls in real life, and my friends think it is hilarious. So it kinda evolved into a thing. 

Is your significant other older or younger than you? He's 3 years older than me, almost exactly. His birthday is 1 month before mine on the same day.

Are you allergic to anything? I live in the South, the pollen capital of the US. I am allergic to all things that grow.

ETA: words. Ignore my blank post below. (??)

• l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'll play!

What did you have for dinner last night? Homemade mozzarella stuffed meatballs

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? I honestly don't remember many of mine as a child, I was never anything super original to be memorable.  I do remember in college dressing as the Sun Drop girl and it was epic.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? The window seat so I can lean against the side.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? I have been once, will be once in October, and would guess once, maybe twice, more.  My MOH has yet to get married and I would suspect she'd ask me.  There is also a possibility I could be in my SIL's, but that's a ways as she's still young lol.

What color is your current purse? Light Brown

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? As a child I had a "thing" for postcards from different places.  As an adult, I've got nothing.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Younger by a little more than a year.  It makes me feel old in the few months between our birthdays when my age shows 2 digits more than his.

Are you allergic to anything? I found out I have more severe reactions from mosquito bites than the average person.  I'm also slightly lactose intolerant.

• @lucka23 Why was the chicken and pasta yucky- it sounds super good since I just made something similar 2 nights ago.

@kittenmittens84 YES on the black cat! Once I outgrew my princess gown, I was a black cat for about 5 years in a row.

@pambeesly524 Yup it is slightly pretzely position! I put one foot propped near the window and the other propped between the wall and seat in front of me and scooch my butt to the end of the seat so I'm almost folded in half hahah. Pig salt & pepper shakers sound adorable!

@soontobemrsklein marshmellow sounds hilarious

@julianne912 The Red Robin near me certainly does not have croissants! I'm jealous.

@winstonsgirl hahah love that you just ignored him til he used your name

@shessocold you got a recipe for the asian style ribs? yum

@becklertobe We used to use the spray in hair color for soccer games and I always thought it was the coolest thing ever

• edited August 2015
    @Jenna8984 it was on the back of the Kikkoman hoisin sauce bottle - I found it online:

Ingredients (Yield: 6 servings)

1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
    2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce, divided
    2 cloves garlic, pressed
    3 pounds pork spareribs, cut into 1-rib pieces
    2 tablespoons honey

Instructions

1. Combine soy sauce, 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce and garlic; pour over ribs in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat all pieces. Refrigerate 1 hour, turning bag over once.
    2. Place ribs, meaty-side down, in foil-lined pan. Cover; bake at 350ºF. 50 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
    3. Mix remaining 1/4 cup hoisin sauce and honey; brush ribs with 1/2 of mixture.
    4. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Turn ribs over and brush with remaining sauce mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer. 

Ours were crazy overcooked so we'll pay more attention next time. Probably cook them for half time time next time. But the flavor was great!

Edited for typo.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • What did you have for dinner last night? A chicken quesadilla

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? My mom sewed me several things, but I think my favorite was being a Christmas tree. 

Which seat do you like on an airplane? First class, yo. 

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? I am one in a few weeks. I have one last very close girlfriend who's single with no husband material in sight, so who knows. 

What color is your current purse? Gray. I dig neutrals. 

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? Not that I know of. My dad collects pigs, so at my parents' house there are a few shelves displaying pig figurines. 

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Older by 3.5 years

Are you allergic to anything? Dogs and cats, which is sad because I love pets. 

• @jenna8984 - Yeah, Carrot is fine when I'm 12.  I'm 36.  Carrot is not my nickname

• We bought a packet of cooking sauce for the chicken.  It just wasn't good.  DH said "maybe this would be better with pasta."  So I used the leftovers on my pasta last night - it wasn't better.  My grocery store makes a much better cooking sauce but it was only available at the beginning of summer.  I'm a super picky eater though.

• jenna8984 said:

Putting off these commission reports at work....

What did you have for dinner last night? Steak and corn on the cob.

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? Stuff out of the rag bag.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Aisle seat, so I can stand up without bothering anybody.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times?Never been a bridesmaid, and never will.

What color is your current purse? Canvas with colorful print.  Changing on Labor Day.

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? Glass paperweights.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Younger by a few months.

Are you allergic to anything? Nope!

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • What did you have for dinner last night? Leftover pulled pork, (fresh) mashed potatoes and squash.

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child?  I can't recall.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Depends.  Short flights I prefer aisle.  Longer flights window.  If I travel with DH I'm "forced" to sit in the middle.  Well that is if I want to sit with him at all.  Which I've decided to blow him off and not sit near him.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? nope.   My friends and family are all married at this point.

What color is your current purse?  I do not really carry one.  Just a wristlet. It's purple and locally made.

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it?Not really.  I do have some xmas Byer's Carolers I'm known for. 

Is your significant other older or younger than you? younger by 2 years

Are you allergic to anything? Not that I know of, besides normal seasonal dust and pollen  (same with me)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @jenna8984 after the cat I was a princess for a couple years, grandma made all my costumes so if I could fit in them the next year I would.
  • What did you have for dinner last night? Spicy lime chicken, broccoli, and quinoa...and some cookies that NEEDED to be baked. I mean, I didn't want them to go bad...

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child?  That time I was a hippie (with a tye-dye shirt and patches on my jeans) and carried around my guitar.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? NOT the middle. Funny airplane story...I was on a flight to visit my friend a few years ago and I was one of the last ones to board the plane. I got stuck in between a couple that REFUSED to sit next to each other because "he likes the aisle and I like the window". So for 3 hours I was stuck between a chatty couple that were handing snacks to each other the whole time. Worst flight ever.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? I have only ever been a BM once. But I have some younger cousins so it could happen again.

What color is your current purse?  Gold and beige.

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? Not that I can think of.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? younger by 6 months and he never lets me forget it...

Are you allergic to anything? Some medications.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I love these things.

What did you have for dinner last night? General Tso's Chicken- Takeout

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? My favorite costume was dressing up as one of my male cousins. Everyone legitimately thought I was a guy.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? The window seat.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? I have only been a bridesmaid once, in my parents wedding. I have a few close girlfriends and a cousin who I will probably end up standing with when they get married.

What color is your current purse? Black - but my new favorite is my red crossbody bag

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? No I don't collect anything but people think of me when they see Disney (Ariel) & Harry Potter memorabilia as they know I'm a huge fan.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? 5 months older than me

Are you allergic to anything? No allergies

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jenna8984 said:

@lucka23 Why was the chicken and pasta yucky- it sounds super good since I just made something similar 2 nights ago.

@kittenmittens84 YES on the black cat! Once I outgrew my princess gown, I was a black cat for about 5 years in a row.

@pambeesly524 Yup it is slightly pretzely position! I put one foot propped near the window and the other propped between the wall and seat in front of me and scooch my butt to the end of the seat so I'm almost folded in half hahah. Pig salt & pepper shakers sound adorable!

@soontobemrsklein marshmellow sounds hilarious

@julianne912 The Red Robin near me certainly does not have croissants! I'm jealous.

@winstonsgirl hahah love that you just ignored him til he used your name

@shessocold you got a recipe for the asian style ribs? yum

@becklertobe We used to use the spray in hair color for soccer games and I always thought it was the coolest thing ever

I'm sure they do... I grew up eating the BLTA croissant out in CA and it's still on the menu here in CO!  It's in the sandwich section, not a burger.
    Married 9.12.15
  • What did you have for dinner last night? I went out with a friend to Hot Pot (like fondue but with broth instead)

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? I was a playing card, Queen of Hearts. Very comfortable to wear.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Aisle, unless it's the red eye, then window.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? Nope and I am happy about it.

What color is your current purse? It's suppose to be red but in reality it's pink.

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? I want to collect tea cups but I have no place to store them. So now I collect them on etsy (vintage) wish list.

Is your significant other older or younger than you? Time to admit this, we broke up. That's why I am not around to often anymore.

Are you allergic to anything? Shrimp (or so I say since I hate them).

• What did you have for dinner last night? Honey BBQ chicken

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? There are only 2 that I really remember.  I dressed up as Dorthy (Wizard of Oz) one year and my Pound Puppy played Toto. And one year I dressed up as a California Raisin... I wore a black trash bag, stuffed with newspaper, and sunglasses.

Which seat do you like on an airplane? Always window.

Do you think you'll be a bridesmaid any more times? I don't think so... unless anyone gets divorced and re-married.

What color is your current purse? Black

Do you have a "thing" you collect or people think of you when they see it? Not really. 

Is your significant other older or younger than you? He's 6.5 years older than me.

Are you allergic to anything? Valium.  I'm really sad about it, too.  They gave me a shot of it in hospital and that stuff was awesome... until I broke out in head to toe hives.

• @arrippa Sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing well for yourself and we're always here if you need to chat! 

• About the airline seats, I usually book aisle seats opposite each other, so that we both get more freedom of movement.  DH travels with his BOSE headphones, anyway, so I can't talk to him.  We are both big people, and we appreciate freedom of movement.  Now that we have a little more money, we splurge on playing the economy plus fee to get better seats - but not first class!  No way!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards