Moms and Maids

Bridal Party Lineup

2»

Re: Bridal Party Lineup

• I'd go ahead and let the dating couple walk together. Height doesn't really matter.

That said, I really don't understand why couples on either side of this argument make such a big deal about it. As a bride, I couldn't give a flying fig which BM is paired with which GM. I just don't care. I'll let the couples walk together if it makes them happy because it just doesn't matter. Also, as a BM in several weddings, a couple of which was with my Fi as a GM, I don't understand why it's such a big freaking deal to the couple. In one wedding, Fi and I walked together and in another wedding, we didn't. Either way, big deal. It's a walk down the aisle in someone else's wedding. Who cares if we're split up for 10 seconds? It literally didn't bother me enough to ever bring it up to the bride. I just didn't care.

OP, in this case, I'd just let them walk together so you can be done with this issue and focus on other things.
    Because some couples are attached to the freaking hip 24/7 and don't know how to function without the other.  Basically dependency issues that need to be dealt with.

But I am with you on this.  I will never understand why it matters so much to both the couple getting married and the couple within the wedding party.

• I don't get why this is such a big deal on either side, it takes a whole minute to get down that aisle, if you aren't with your significant other who cares? Also, who cares if they are in height order as long as everyone makes it down in a straight line and is standing there at the end. The last wedding I was in the bride is 5 foot, the groom is 6'5", her wedding party topped out at 5'3", his best man was 5'3" and the rest of the guys were over 6 foot, did it matter? NOPE, they are still married. 

Side note: I was taller than the best man walking because even though I'm only 5 foot I was in 5" heels, the pictures turned out just fine, crisis averted! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OP, I think you're way overthinking this one.  For us we had the groomsmen already up there so the bridesmaids just walked in on their own.  They paired up with a groomsmen for the recessional.  We had a bridesmaid and groomsman who were a couple and they were fine walking out of the recessional with other people.  

It would be a nice gesture though to have the couples walk in together at the reception entrance if possible.  Doesn't matter if it was the same order as they left the recessional or not.
  • For my line up, we only hand one couple. During the walking-in portion, it was being recorded. We got a really cute look from the guy to the girl when they were walking. So I am all for the couples walking together. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards