Chit Chat

We got a smoker.

2»

Re: We got a smoker.

• This post has me tempted to register for a Dyson vac. Just in case.......
    Shark>Dyson. True story. And much cheaper.
    Oooh good to know! I'm all about cheaper, especially if the quality is still good :)
    Yes, I have the Shark Navigator or seomthing like that and I love it. My mom has a Dyson and it is heavier and I honestly think the Shark has better suction.

• luckya23 said:

Money.

Ditto this.  Sorry not sorry but cold hard cash will always win the best present award.

• luckya23 said:

Money.

Ditto this.  Sorry not sorry but cold hard cash will always win the best present award.
    Oh I'll be super stoked for cash once we get some!  Just haven't gotten any yet.  Actually that's a lie, I got $100 at my shower from FI's stepsister because she can't make it to the wedding.  That was nice.  But I still really like our smoker haha!
    Married 9.12.15
  • We had a very small, family only wedding so there was no registry and we got checks/cash.

However, a month before my wedding my parents stayed at our honeymoon resort. So the night before the wedding they gave us a gift they had gotten there. It's a painting of a couple in wedding attire, on the beach, with sunset in the background and it has our names and date on it. I frigen love the thing because my mom gave them details about us so the gown and pony tail looks exactly like mine, and the groom has a beard :)

• Congrats on the smoker. . . . .we smoke a chicken most Sundays.  Delicious for dinner, and leftovers for the week.  It's easy and quick too.  Ours is a pellet smoker and it takes about 45 minutes.  
  • I'm a little medicated right now... but when you said "We got a smoker" I pictured you having someone that smokes in a trap instead of like... a mouse or something. It was funny in my head.
  • My mom went a bit crazy and got me 2 end tables from C&B and 3 demeyere pots/pans. It's incredible. I also got a Miele canister vacuum and a shark. The vacuum wasn't on the registry because seriously who buys Miele products for people? Oh that's right. FI's boss as a grad/wedding gift. 
  • DH's boss (who now we both can't stand with all the drama going on), bought us a 65in 4K TV.  When we were married, 4K was still fairly new and we had just moved into our first place.  I made DH return it for the 55in because I wasn't buying a new entertainment center to accommodate a TV I didn't want, since my dad had just bought us a new TV when we first moved in 2 months earlier.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

False. Dyson girl here. Even worked for them for 4 years. Great products and a great company.
  • Money. Also we got a lot of frames. One was very thoughtful. One side for a photo of us, other side meant for invitation. They already put our invite in :) It looks great. I'm looking forward to getting our photos printed and deciding what goes where
    I disagree. {except for price} I had a terrible experience with Shark and it didn't vacuum up nearly as thick as our carpets are.
  • Ok I just had to come back and add that FI's dad got us a Husqvarna riding lawnmower for our wedding. FI was so incredibly excited when they rolled up to our house with it on a trailer. We live on over and acre and have been having to pay someone to mow our entire yard because it's too much to do with a regular mower. And, it has a cup holder for his beer. Maybe he'll let me ride it too sometimes.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Ok I just had to come back and add that FI's dad got us a Husqvarna riding lawnmower for our wedding. FI was so incredibly excited when they rolled up to our house with it on a trailer. We live on over and acre and have been having to pay someone to mow our entire yard because it's too much to do with a regular mower. And, it has a cup holder for his beer. Maybe he'll let me ride it too sometimes.
    If you celebrate Christmas, I feel like you could both pose on the fabulous lawnmower for your Christmas card.

If you celebrate Christmas, I feel like you could both pose on the fabulous lawnmower for your Christmas card.

Omg that is an amazing idea. Could dress up the dogs as elves too.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Wow, that's so much better than what my ILs got us! lolimage

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• luckya23 said:

Wow, that's so much better than what my ILs got us! lolimage

Your ILs are very interesting people.
  • luckya23 said:

Wow, that's so much better than what my ILs got us! lolimage

Whatever, I still like your flamingo.

Married 9.12.15
    H wants a riding lawn mower so bad. I told him I'd mow the lawn every week if we got one that could hold my beer! For now he has to settle for our Husqvarna push mower. 
  • Wow, that's so much better than what my ILs got us! lolimage

Whatever, I still like your flamingo.
    I wish I had had it for my pro photos!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards