Not Engaged Yet
Options

Confessions, Judgements, UOs, etc.

1235»

Re: Confessions, Judgements, UOs, etc.

• Options
    TwoDimes said:
    labro said:
    tfmrserwin Hi there. I don't think you understand. But that's ok. I hate iKea, not Ikea. There's a really big difference here but I don't expect you to get it since you don't regularly hang out with us.

c/n Someone already named kept calling it iKea, not Ikea. And Ikea is not an Apple product. End of story.
    It's IKEA, remember?! All caps. GOD. 
    Are you being snotty to ME now? 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    TwoDimes said:
    labro said:
    tfmrserwin Hi there. I don't think you understand. But that's ok. I hate iKea, not Ikea. There's a really big difference here but I don't expect you to get it since you don't regularly hang out with us.

c/n Someone already named kept calling it iKea, not Ikea. And Ikea is not an Apple product. End of story.

Now now ladies. Be nice to each other! This is MY thread and I get to dictate responses, ya hear?

• Options
    labro said:
    TwoDimes said:
    labro said:

Now now ladies. Be nice to each other! This is MY thread and I get to dictate responses, ya hear?

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    I'm judging @cu97tiger for not reading ALL of this thread and also the other "newbie" thread on this page cause she's missing out on all her laughs today.

<3<3<3

• Options
    cu97tiger said:
    @goldenpenguin / @southernpeach89 - DH and I use 'sexytimes' fairly exclusively to refer to, well, sexytimes. It's either that or 'wanna get naked?' 

Along those lines, I judge whatever poster it was a million years ago that called her father 'daddy' as a full-grown adult.

@jenjen047 - Pretty sure my ticker, stating how long I've been married, doesn't have ridiculous ~~~~ <3<3<3 ~~~~~ in it, so there's that. Also, we're on TK, so it's pretty relevant to know how long someone has been married/in a relationship. Funny how you think that is middle school'ish but still won't use proper capitalization. #PotCallingKettleBlack

@labro - While we don't 'celebrate' our dating anniversary, I usually mention it on FB, because dammit, DH took over 3 years to propose, so I want people to know that even though we've only been married for 3.5 years, we've been together for 7!! (Yes, I will join you on that narcissistic train).

Confession: I only finished page 3. I should have been working for the last 20 minutes after I got out of an all day meeting, but I can't quit you all, so I did this instead.
    1. You mean... SEX!?! #thehorror

2. #PREACH

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    cu97tiger said:

Confession: I only finished page 3. I should have been working for the last 20 minutes after I got out of an all day meeting, but I can't quit you all, so I did this instead.
    I read this and thought this emotion...

• Options
    @twodimes - thanks for the clarification on c/n! :)

@cu97tiger - i get wanting to recognize the length of a relationship, that's not my issue. i just think it's silly that the tickers are down to the day, since that's not how people generally talk about their relationship. when someone asks how long you've been with DH do you say "we've been together for 7 years 2 months 3 weeks and 4 days"? 
  • Options
    jenjen047 said:
    @twodimes - thanks for the clarification on c/n! :)

@cu97tiger - i get wanting to recognize the length of a relationship, that's not my issue. i just think it's silly that the tickers are down to the day, since that's not how people generally talk about their relationship. when someone asks how long you've been with DH do you say "we've been together for 7 years 2 months 3 weeks and 4 days"? 
    So when people ask how far away your wedding is, you respond with, "4 months, 2 weeks, 6 days"? 

• Options
    We don't have a dating anniversary, but I sure as heck celebrate our proposal-iversay every year.  MOAR CAKE.  Judge away, I have no regrets.  I even FACEBOOK it so it's official.

• Options
    @eilis1228 - No I don't (though I do sometimes say however many days because it's on my phone app) but I guess I just think of it differently when it's counting down to a specific date with a finite end point versus just an indefinite count up. Also like I said, I don't have a problem with counting up as a concept, just with the level of detail the tickers use.
  • Options
    jenjen047 said:
    @eilis1228 - No I don't (though I do sometimes say however many days because it's on my phone app) but I guess I just think of it differently when it's counting down to a specific date with a finite end point versus just an indefinite count up. Also like I said, I don't have a problem with counting up as a concept, just with the level of detail the tickers use.
    I think eilis was pointing out that you have the very same kind of ticker.... that counts down TO THE DAY to when your wedding is. Why is that any different than counting the number of years, months, weeks and days that someone has been married?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    cu97tiger said:
    jenjen047 said:
    I think eilis was pointing out that you have the very same kind of ticker.... that counts down TO THE DAY to when your wedding is. Why is that any different than counting the number of years, months, weeks and days that someone has been married?
    Yep, exactly. It's the same concept and specificity as the tickers that count up.

• Options
    @cu97tiger @eilis1228 - agreed and I see your point but, like I said, I just think of it differently when it's counting down to something versus counting up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards