Chit Chat

PPDs

124»

Re: PPDs

• edited September 2015
    AJC430 said:
    Sorry, if someone mentioned this already - but what the hell is a PPD? 
    @AJC430 it stand for Pretty Princess Day.

Read this:  http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1036614/legally-married-now-having-a-real-wedding-stop-here-first-aka-the-ppd-faq-thread#latest
  • Thanks for the information! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Anniversary

• Meh. There's kind of a spectrum. In most cases, I really don't give that big of a shit.

We know one couple that had their wedding in Mexico. I did overhear them say they got the paperwork done ahead of time to make things easier. It really wouldn't have been that difficult to just do it in Mexico, but whatever. Then they had a much more low key gathering here in MN. They had appetizers and showed some pictures and videos from Mexico and she wore her dress. Whatever, we were glad they had the home little reception because we couldn't make it to Mexico.

My best friend is sort of planning a PPD. They went to the courthouse and got married. He is in the military and shipped out shortly afterward, and she is almost done with school and working on her thesis she she could really use the benefits. They had every intention of getting married eventually, so they did. They are planning a big campout with friends and family late next summer that I'm excited to go to. It'll be really informal and I doubt there will be any kind of fancy dress or vows or anything.

In both cases, it was a "yay we got married, let's hang out!" kind of thing. Not a reenactment thing. I think that's when PPDs get ridiculous- going through all the vows and first dance and all that stuff, especially if you're lying about being married. But I don't really have an issue with a postponed reception without any lying or entitlement involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards