Chit Chat

What Is The Creepiest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You?

2»

Re: What Is The Creepiest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You?

• When I was a kid, we found a man hiding in my parents bedroom closet. He climbed out when he thought we were asleep, but my mom was awake and saw him. She screamed as he was climbing out of the closet and woke up the house. My bedroom door was open and he ran right past my room and out the sliding door. Police thought he was probably there to rob us since we had been out that night and we interrupted him when we came home so he ducked into the closet.

Apparently, he got in by lifting our sliding class door off its railing and removing it, then putting it back when he got in.
    HOLY SHIT!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • When I was a kid, we found a man hiding in my parents bedroom closet. He climbed out when he thought we were asleep, but my mom was awake and saw him. She screamed as he was climbing out of the closet and woke up the house. My bedroom door was open and he ran right past my room and out the sliding door. Police thought he was probably there to rob us since we had been out that night and we interrupted him when we came home so he ducked into the closet.

Apparently, he got in by lifting our sliding class door off its railing and removing it, then putting it back when he got in.
    HOLY SHIT!

That just gave me serious chills

• Apparently, he got in by lifting our sliding class door off its railing and removing it, then putting it back when he got in.
    That is lifetime movie crazy!

• To this day, I can't sleep unless the closet has been checked and the closet light is on (the door can be halfway closed, but the light HAS to be on). My Fi is a saint for being okay with that.
  • This will probably make me sound like a crazy person but...

I used to wake up and see people standing over me (ie people who weren't really there). It was always the same two people- a darker skinned man in a plaid flannel shirt or an old lady in a long dress. It started intermittently when I lived at home, continued when I lived with my ex (was actually a lot more common then), and then continued for a bit when I had to move back home after my ex and I had a terrible break up. I would wake up, see one of these people, try to push them away or strike out at them, yell, and then they would disappear. I'm sure I was still asleep when I was seeing these people but it happened a lot (at the most a few times a week) and was always the same two "people". It was terrifying. I was super scared it would continue when I moved out on my own but hasn't happened in the 18 months I've lived alone.

Again, I know how crazy that makes me sound... I swear I'm not actually crazy...
  • When I first saw the title I thought it was like, creepy things people have done, then I saw all the creepy ghosty stories! I have a few ghosty stories, but they aren't as creepy (to me at least) as what happened on a first date once..

I went out on a date with a "super cute" dude my friend set me up with, I was about 19 and he was 22-23. He took me to the Olive Garden (omg swoooon) and then we were suppose to go mini golfing. I won't lie, at this point I was pretty into him. Um, he worked at a car dealer ship, drove a sweet Dodge Neon and wore tight khakis, who wouldn't be am-i-right?

Anyway, We were about to pull into the mini golf parking lot, but instead he pulled into a dark parking lot that was for an abandoned big box store. At first, I was like, "Ok, I might make out with this guy, lets see how this plays out"....

He parked and without missing a beat, as if he had rehearsed many a time, with one graceful swoop, he just... pulled his junk out. ALL OF HIS JUNK. I almost didn't even realize it it was so sly, but to make sure I had noticed he gave me a smirk and motioned to it and made a gesture for me to... mount? or grope? Not sure.

I politely said, "Oh, no thank you." and he quickly shuffled his junk away, notably less gracefully than he had brought it out.  In the awkwardness he said, "So... Bowling?". But I was expecting him to say, something like "So, take you home?" that I eagerly exclaimed "YES!".

So we silently drove to the bowling ally and bowled the most awkward game ever and then never spoke again.

Now, as an adult woman, I have so many questions. What was his expected result? Did he practice displaying his junk or was it some bizarre god given talent?  Was this his first, and hopefully last attempt? and if it was not his first, had it ever worked before?!
  • I still think about a story from when I was young (around 6 or so) and there were many strange things that I still remember vividly.  I had a friend whose house I would go to a lot.  I always felt there was something with the house, I would see things and a lot of times just felt uneasy or like there was something always there behind me.  My friend and I actually used to play that we were ghost hunters because of this and search around the house looking for things.  Looking back maybe it was just our vivid imaginations, but one of the things I remember is several times we'd be walking past the laundry and as we walked past a clothes basket full of clothes, or a jug of soap would just fall from on top of the washer to the floor.  We'd hear the thud and look, but no one was in there, it was creepy.

Anyways, a year or so down the road her mom committed suicide in the house.  At the time I was still young so I wasn't really told what happened exactly, but later in my life it came up in conversation for some reason and my mom told me her mom had starting hallucinating and becoming "mentally unstable" and apparently just couldn't handle it anymore.  The dad and kids moved and I never saw them again.  So yeah, when I'm home and drive past that house it still creeps me out big time.
  • l9i said:
    I still think about a story from when I was young (around 6 or so) and there were many strange things that I still remember vividly.  I had a friend whose house I would go to a lot.  I always felt there was something with the house, I would see things and a lot of times just felt uneasy or like there was something always there behind me.  My friend and I actually used to play that we were ghost hunters because of this and search around the house looking for things.  Looking back maybe it was just our vivid imaginations, but one of the things I remember is several times we'd be walking past the laundry and as we walked past a clothes basket full of clothes, or a jug of soap would just fall from on top of the washer to the floor.  We'd hear the thud and look, but no one was in there, it was creepy.

Anyways, a year or so down the road her mom committed suicide in the house.  At the time I was still young so I wasn't really told what happened exactly, but later in my life it came up in conversation for some reason and my mom told me her mom had starting hallucinating and becoming "mentally unstable" and apparently just couldn't handle it anymore.  The dad and kids moved and I never saw them again.  So yeah, when I'm home and drive past that house it still creeps me out big time.
    That just freaked me out so bad. And how sad :( 
  • I'm convinced my dad's house is haunted. It was built in 1920 and his family has been the only ones that have lived there. I only lived in that house growing up.

Ever since I was little we always had a small TV in the kitchen. My bedroom was upstairs right above the kitchen. Almost every night at the same time, 11:30, the TV would turn on. It would then turn off at 1:00 am. My dad says his mom loved watching TV late at night to sleep so it is probably her just trying to rest!

• The other day I was in the kitchen washing dishes and I got the distinct feeling that someone was behind me. It was weird. I suddenly knew I was being watched. 

I turned around and looked at the back door that was right behind me. Sure enough, there's a creepy face in the window at the top of the door just staring right at me. I jumped, and then realized it was big dog. Instead of scratching to come in, he decided to get up on his hind legs and just stare at me for a while. 

I yelled, "H, big dog is being creepy again!" He came into the kitchen laughing and said, "Yeah, he did that to me the other day!" 

It was so weird and so funny. Damn dog. 
    This reminds me of when I wake up in the middle of the night and my cat is just sitting upright in the dark on my nightstand just staring at H and I. he literally just sits and watches us sleep, it is so disturbing. He's a black cat too so it's like this creepy shadow silhouette.
  • I have nothing to contribute, but I want more creepy/ghost stories!!!!!!!!!!!! they're my favorite things ever to read and get all freaked out and then have to go to sleep. (I work night shift so I'm getting ready for bed as I read these right now lol) 

more stories please!!!!!!! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • When I was in my late 20's I moved in with my parents for a few months. They live in the suburbs and I would walk or ride my bike down a main street about 10 minutes to the commuter rail station every morning and take the train into the city.

You saw the same people every morning; mainly men in their 50's and 60's.  Aside from one man I knew, there was rarely any interaction between us.  I actually enjoyed this part of my morning.  On the return trip most of us were on different trains.

One day after leaving the station coming home there was a [love] letter on my bike, signed "secret admirer" or something, mentioning being entranced by my hair blowing in the wind or some other ridiculous phrase.  It totally creeped me out.  I wasn't flattered one bit. By process of [similar route to station] elimination there were only 2-3 people who could've written it and all were married. I was like, who the f*ck does he think he is?! What is he trying to accomplish other than making me feel totally uncomfortable every morning?! It's not like he was asking me out. There was a total weirdo that I suspected and tried to avoid his gaze as much as possible.  It ruined my morning commute.

• I have nothing to contribute, but I want more creepy/ghost stories!!!!!!!!!!!! they're my favorite things ever to read and get all freaked out and then have to go to sleep. (I work night shift so I'm getting ready for bed as I read these right now lol) 

more stories please!!!!!!! 
    I'll go back to my parents' haunted house. It was built (I think?) in 1908. Everyone who's spent the night in that house says they've seen/heard something weird. For a while one of my sister's boyfriends moved in with us and he refused to stay downstairs by himself at night after everyone else went up to bed because he'd get too freaked out. 

One night he and I were standing in the kitchen and he was telling me how bad the house creeped him out. As we're talking, all the ceiling lights shut off. We looked up at the ceiling, then looked at each other, then simultaneously took off running. 

There was another night where he and I were the only two people still up and we were upstairs. He was down the hall in the computer room and I was in my room. I heard him call my name so I went into the computer room and asked what he wanted. He said, "I was asking what YOU wanted. You were just calling me." I said, "Nope, I was just sitting in my room. I definitely didn't say anything to you." He freaked out and said he clearly heard a girl in the hallway calling his name. I went back down the hall to my room and as I was about to walk in, the door slammed right in my face. 

I have a million of these stories. I could keep going but I don't want this post to get a mile long. My mom said when my sister and I were babies she used to cry sometimes while my dad was at work because weird stuff would happen (she said the stereo would turn on and the volume would go up, picture frames would slide off the shelves and fall for no reason, stuff like that) and she had no idea what to do. 
  • I've seen a lot of weird shit just because of my job, but I'm still going to maintain that the creepiest thing to ever happen to me was dude rolling under the engine bay door to come into the firehouse. Who does that?!

My cousin and I were living together for a while 2 years ago after she left an abusive relationship. She got paired up with this guy in her class for an assignment and said he was super weird. She didn't go into a lot of detail at first, but the more time passed, the weirder it got. He kept asking about her kids after he saw the picture of them on her lock screen. She said she didn't go into any details about them, and when he asked what their names were, she lied. One night, she threw her phone across the room and started closing all of the curtains. I was like "What the hell was that about?" In a series of text messages that followed, he was like a quick google search reveals a lot about you, you know; and then started spouting off all this information about our family (where our grandparents live, who some of our relatives are, that our cousin was killed in Columbine, what her kids' names really are). Long story short, a restraining order was put in place, there were several court hearings for the breaking of said restraining order and a very short notice move out of that apartment complex.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a paranormal investigator.

How much time do you have? :) 
    Oooooh that stuff fascinates me!!! I went through a phase for a while where I was really into reading about Ed and Lorraine Warren and the cases they worked. You have to share some stories!!
    Are you from CT? (nevermind, I see you're from TN) When my daughter was a student at UConn, she went to a lecture by the Warren's. It was so creepy, that she didn't want to share their stories with me. 
    I left in the middle of the Warrens speaking at UConn.   It scared the pants off me and to this day I hate being up at 3 AM.   They were from one town away from my hometown and I knew tons of people who went to see them talk but no way for me.  

The surreal creepiest thing actually happened to my brother.   On a Thursday afternoon, we got a call that my dad's best friend died suddenly of a heart attack.   He collapsed in his kitchen in front of his wife who is a nurse and started CPR while waiting for the paramedics to arrive.   He was transported to a hospital local to them where he was pronounced dead.   It was a terribly tragic day and we were devastated.   My brother and I were friends with his 3 kids who were between 9 and 15 at the time.   

The wake was the following night and the funeral was Saturday.   We stayed at the post-funeral reception all day and left when it was bedtime.   The following day my brother had violent stomach problems and we attributed it to eating tons of food at the party.   The following day bro wasn't better and he was ultimately diagnosed with appendicitis and had emergency surgery Monday night.   My parents were told to wait in my brother's hospital room while he got out of surgery.

My brother was in a 2 person room but no one was in the other bed.   My dad looked down at the name plate on the bed.   It was the name of his best friend.

The best friend was never even IN that hospital and his name isn't all that common.  But he WAS a very social guy.   And when we got over the creepiness, we just assumed that he was going to be everywhere looking over all of us. 
  • I'll go back to my parents' haunted house. It was built (I think?) in 1908. Everyone who's spent the night in that house says they've seen/heard something weird. For a while one of my sister's boyfriends moved in with us and he refused to stay downstairs by himself at night after everyone else went up to bed because he'd get too freaked out. 

One night he and I were standing in the kitchen and he was telling me how bad the house creeped him out. As we're talking, all the ceiling lights shut off. We looked up at the ceiling, then looked at each other, then simultaneously took off running. 

There was another night where he and I were the only two people still up and we were upstairs. He was down the hall in the computer room and I was in my room. I heard him call my name so I went into the computer room and asked what he wanted. He said, "I was asking what YOU wanted. You were just calling me." I said, "Nope, I was just sitting in my room. I definitely didn't say anything to you." He freaked out and said he clearly heard a girl in the hallway calling his name. I went back down the hall to my room and as I was about to walk in, the door slammed right in my face. 

I have a million of these stories. I could keep going but I don't want this post to get a mile long. My mom said when my sister and I were babies she used to cry sometimes while my dad was at work because weird stuff would happen (she said the stereo would turn on and the volume would go up, picture frames would slide off the shelves and fall for no reason, stuff like that) and she had no idea what to do. 
    Maybe the ghost was trying to scare him away from your BSC sister?
  • kvruns said:
    I'll go back to my parents' haunted house. It was built (I think?) in 1908. Everyone who's spent the night in that house says they've seen/heard something weird. For a while one of my sister's boyfriends moved in with us and he refused to stay downstairs by himself at night after everyone else went up to bed because he'd get too freaked out. 

Maybe the ghost was trying to scare him away from your BSC sister?
    That literally just made me lol! They did have a really nasty breakup a couple years later. Poor guy. 
  • edited September 2015
    My brother told me a pretty creepy story a while back. He and a few guys lived in an old house for a short time during college, and he always had a weird feeling about it.

One night, he had a female friend over and they were sitting on the couch in the living room talking. He said she stopped mid-sentence, her eyes got wide, and she whispered "someone's here". Right then, the light in the living room went out. She screamed bloody murder and he jumped up and tried the light switches. The lights were working in the rest of the house. He decided that they should leave for a little bit since they were both so freaked out. When they got back, the lights worked again.

ETA words

• My old school was haunted.  It was 100 years old too, so it deserved a ghost.  Our gym doors clicked twice when shut - once to close and again to latch shut.  I'd occasionally push the doors closed, hear the two clicks and walk away.  After a few steps, the doors would click twice again, like they were being shut again.  

We also had an old computer work station in the staff room, which no one used cos we all had laptops.  Right inside the door was a wooden screen, to create a small hallway into the room (maybe 5').  I once walked in and head loud typing on the keyboard but the room was empty when I got into the actual room.  

There were lots of rumours about who had died there, though I'm not sure which was true.  The sports teams always wanted to stay for a sleepover, though we never did.  I totally would have rigged up some ghostly occurrence to scare the shit out of them.  It was a creepy school at night though.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards