Not Engaged Yet

Whiny Wednesday

Re: Whiny Wednesday

• @cu97tiger H mentioned there was an aquarium and the inner harbor, those sound like fun.  I think my favorite location so far is Baltimore.

Anniversary

• All of you and your workout talks - go you! I wish I could be more motivated. I can't shake this funk I'm in, and I really need to make some changes.

Last night was rough. BF got off work semi-early, but I'd just had a hard day, and my emotions got the best of me. We went to dinner, but I was just in an icky mood. I'm beating myself up today and said a million apologies last night for being so difficult last night. My personal life has felt like a hurricane lately, and unfortunately when I vent, BF gets the worst end of it, and I'm embarrassed about it. I'm horrible.

I hope today is better. I woke up with my emotions already in a whirlwind because I hate arguing with BF. We do it so rarely that when we do, it tears me into pieces.

But on a happier note... (Sorry for the unloading of emotional stress)

I don't have a lot of time for TV, but I'm excited for Nashville to come back on, but that's about it. There aren't many shows that I'm really into right now. Just waiting for PLL to come back in January, I think?
  • @Swazzle Oh good, that's right around the corner! Kind of scary that it's almost October already. 

• I must be the only one who didn't like the Coney Island Root Beer. I found it to be way too sweet and couldn't even finish a bottle.  

@misskittydanger good luck with your drivers test
    @lavenderfields13 ugh hopefully you can get the buyer's information so you know if you can stay there or need to look for somewhere else.  Your current landlord sounds like a prick. 
    @peaseblossom either location is a good choice -- if you go with Niagra there was a place on the NY side that we wanted to stay at, The Giacamo.  It's a 1920s Art Deco building. 
  • @TwoDimes At this point we should probably form an "aunt to be" club with @speakeasy14. I'm SOOO excited!!! Both for you, and for me, and for her!

• @speakeasy14 Thanks for the hotel reccomendation! 

I'm jealous of everyone's working out progress.  I've been lazy since I began studying and I miss some of my work out routines.  Yoga once a week isn't enough.  Hopefully in about 2 weeks I can get back into that I miss it a lot. 

Anniversary

• We've started making plans for the Istanbul trip.  So far the only things set in stone are that we're going to use Airbnb to get an apartment, instead of doing a hotel, and we're going to this fabulous restaurant that BF knows about that's in the middle of the Bosporus in between the European and the Asian sides of the city.  I'm keeping my eye on plane ticket prices (which are surprisingly reasonable, yay!), so hopefully we'll get mine soon.  I'm still trying not to do the happy dance at every available opportunity...
    I mean....don't you think the current refugee crisis and all the stuff going on further south in Syria and along the Turkey/Syrian border MAY have something to do with this?

I get that your BF is super comfortable and familiar with the area and culture and all that....but this whole going to Istanbul thing scares me....and at any other time I would absolutely LOVE to go there. Istanbul is incredible....but yeah....not right now.

• @minskat30 thanks :)

@lavenderfields13 It hasn't bothered me much because I live in an area where majority of the stuff is walking distance and chances are when we buy a house, it'll be in same area. We're looking long term, if we have kids it would be better if I drove as I have better parking at work and my hours are more guaranteed {9-5} where as his hours sometimes flip flop.
  • @lavenderfields13 - I KNOW. It's insane that we're in mid-September already. I'm dreading the cold winter already :(

@TwoDimes - Thanks! We let our balance get a little high and we decided to use part of our savings to pay it off and stop wasting the money spent in interest. We still have plenty in savings but it's a little scary to see that number drop so much! 

@futuremrshistorian - Ditto @labro. I'd actually be way too scared to go there especially now.

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @beachyone15 - LOVE those pictures...you are right, they are awesome.  Mine (especially after wine) would be a disaster.  lol

@TwoDimes - I've got to squeeze my big butt in a Lehenga in a little over 6 weeks, lol, so I better keep up with the exercise...those things are tight.  I wanted to get a new Sari but they really are for older ladies and H put in a special request for me to wear a Lehnga and I can't tell him no. I'm sad with the darkness and summer ending too.  I love fall though and the leaves changing so I'm just telling myself to look forward to that.  
  • labro said:
    @TwoDimes At this point we should probably form an "aunt to be" club with @speakeasy14. I'm SOOO excited!!! Both for you, and for me, and for her!
    We should get these shirts:
    Sign me up for one of those. I have 7 years of aunt-dom under my belt, so let me know if you want any pointers ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @Swazzle and @labro - I get where y'all are coming from.  I talked with a college friend who was living in Istanbul with her Turkish husband until they came back to the states for him to go to school about a month ago before we decided to go, and after talking with her, I'm honestly not too worried about it.  She said they would have stayed if he hadn't wanted to go to school in the U.S, and that their life in Istanbul hadn't really changed in the past few years.  She still felt perfectly safe.

The State Department's travel warning only recommends not traveling to the border with Syria, which is 750 miles from Istanbul.  There will likely be political demonstrations, but that's the case in Turkey most of the time, and so you just avoid them.  It's probably more dangerous than, say, London, but no more so than when I was there in 2011.  I feel safe making the trip.
  • @futuremrshistorian I had an intern who spent the summer in Turkey and said the same thing.  I'm overly cautious so personally wouldn't feel comfortable, but if they're saying it is only near the border, you should be fine.  Also sign up for email alerts with Airfarewatchdog.  All of Europe is incredibly cheap right now.  I get alerts daily for all sorts of destinations.

@cu97tiger yes what wisdom can you share? I have my best friend's kids who call me Aunt, but this is the first of my siblings.  Actually the first baby in the whole family.  My entire family screamed when they shared the news at my mom's wedding (which my mom demanded as her wedding gift haha).
  • @beachyone15 Beautiful paintings!

I don't understand why the rest of the country (maybe I'm wrong?) says ANT. It's A-U-N-T. Why are you ignoring that poor U??

• @beachyone15 Beautiful paintings!

I don't understand why the rest of the country (maybe I'm wrong?) says ANT. It's A-U-N-T. Why are you ignoring that poor U??
    I say "ant". But I also say "wooder" so there's that. 

• TwoDimes said:
    Swazzle said:
    What is "wooder", @Swazzle?

• @lavenderfields13 that's where my New York accent comes out -- I say Ant, Wawter, Cawfee
  • @lavenderfields13 I definitely say AUNT with a U! It drives me nuts when I am Ant LaBro. It's AUNT DAMNIT!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards