Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• eilis1228 I really liked everything you got but the white top, I agree it just didn't fit right! LOVE those pants...and I like the sweater although I'm a huge sucker for big sweaters. 
  • @justsie Thanks! I guess the pic didn't really capture how big it was on me, or maybe it just felt bigger than it was. I have a ton of sweaters and basically live in them in the colder months, but this one felt huge. Plus the price on it was a little steep.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 Love the pants and top you kept! The pants really do fit you perfectly. The sheer top is just meh.  I giggled at the sweater; it looks comfy but you look like you're playing dress up. 
  • @speakeasy14 LOL That's a perfect way to describe that sweater. Felt like I was wearing one of FI's sweaters or something.

• edited September 2015
    @eilis1228 I love the stuff you kept! I like blouses like that to wear in the warmer months since I can wear sleeveless to work but not thin straps. Your jeans are the same ones as my burgundy ones I got a few weeks ago! I'm short too (5'2 so not quite as short as you!) so my pants are usually long as well and they're perfect! How much was the bag?

• @lavenderfields13 $48! Not too bad for a cute purse. 

• @eilis1228 - That shirt you kept is going to be such a nice layering piece for work! And the bag is fabulous! Is that sweater even your style at all? Even with it being too big, it just doesn't seem that girly. I'm glad they sent you pants that you didn't have to get hemmed though. That's awesome! Hopefully they'll take your feedback on sizing seriously for your next fix.

@TwoDimes -

• Looks like this one is going to be a disappointment for me this week, just got a sneak of what I've got and its a $50 scarf, 2 tops (one of which looks extremely boring and not me) a dress that would be nice if I didn't already own something similar, and a pair of boyfriend jeans (I had asked for "girlfriend jeans" because I know they have a slimmer fit than the boyfriend which I prefer. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised when it comes it though.
  • @justsie

I love the polka dot blouse and the dress but it totally makes sense to send them back if you already have similar things. 

I actually love the jeans on you! 

That scarf is HUGE. I thought it was a poncho in the picture. 

The top you're keeping is cute!

• @justsie, the top is really cute!
  • @justie I like the jeans too. They look like what I was wanting when I requested boyfriend jeans but I ended up getting jeans that are really fitted the whole way through and just rolled at the bottom. That's not the boyfriend style to me. I thought the scarf was a poncho too!

• @labro - I love your face. 

And everything you're keeping!!

@justsie - I love your Fix too! That dress is adorable, but it makes sense to send back if you already have something similar. The scarf is GIGANTIC!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @labro - I love everything! I'm bummed for you that the two other tops don't fit. This could have been a 5 out of 5! 

• @labro, awesome Fix! I really love the cardigan - that just looks soft!!
  • @justie I like the jeans too. They look like what I was wanting when I requested boyfriend jeans but I ended up getting jeans that are really fitted the whole way through and just rolled at the bottom. That's not the boyfriend style to me. I thought the scarf was a poncho too!
    See what you are describing was what I was hoping to get! That's what I understood to be the difference between girlfriend and boyfriend jeans, but I'm also getting stitchfix to help me with my style so I could be way off base!

@labro- BOOOO to shirts made for people without shoulders :( I LOVE that cardigan on you, I think it fits you very well. I like the two tops that didn't fit in the picture too, ugh what a shame!
  • @justie I've never even heard of girlfriend pants so I'm farther behind on fashion than you I guess lol. Mine are Kut from the Kloth Catherine jeans if you want to request them for next time. They felt a little loose trying them on but after I washed and dried them they were fitted. 

• @labro, Damn that abstract top stuck on in the pic still in the box so I was looking forward to seeing in on you! As much as I've complained about my small boobs I'm glad to not have that problem. I know they ask for your bra size in your profile but have you tried really spelling it out for them in your comments? That would stink if you're getting things that don't fit because someone's not paying attention. 

• @lavenderfields13 Yeah, I mention them specifically in my notes that they are my problem area and it can be hard to find tops that fit right. My stylist note was pretty impersonal, like it was clear she had read MY note for this fix - that I was looking for fall items, but it was pretty bland otherwise so I wonder if she didn't take a look at my main profile.

• Do you guys always leave a note for your stylist?

I decided not to write anything for my upcoming Fix and now it's in progress and I'm a little nervous about it!

• @Swazzle I've only done SF twice now and wrote a note both times. I think the only thing I'd be nervous about is the stylist not relying on my Pinterest board.

• @Swazzle I think I only left a note for my last one that I received and this one that's in progress because I wanted specific types of things- long sleeved shirts, sweaters, maroon pants, etc. If I'm not looking for anything specific next time I'll probably just leave it blank and see what I get. 

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    I didn't write a note for my first fix, but wrote a note this time since it is for my birthday. It seems to take anything you say as a want/need.  @labro I don't know how you would word it so that they are aware of the issue.

That being said I love the striped shirt and sweater on you! 

*eta apparently I'm back to being unable to link again
  • I know I didn't leave a note for every single one of my Fixes. I don't really "need" anything specific right now so I figured I'd go blank and see what happens. 

• I've left notes every time right now, but I also need specific things (work clothes only for the first two). For my upcoming Fix I've asked for more bottoms (skirts or pants) and a couple of necklaces.
  • Well, that was fast! My Fix has shipped and I've already peeked :) I think s/he got mostly everything from my Pinterest and I think I like it all. We'll see how it fits/how it is in person. Scheduled to arrive on Monday but they usually come 1 day early so I'm hoping it's waiting for me when I get back from MA!

• I've left a note requesting something specific 2 our of 3 fixes, ironically the one I didn't ask for a note on I ended up keeping all the items. I will say though that the last one was just so I could see what the hell I looked like in that type of clothing, so it wasn't a total loss that I didn't end up liking it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards