Not Engaged Yet

Wonderful Wednesday

13»

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

• @jenna8984 in the store it was a 35 we will see if it changes when I actually sleep on it regularly.

Anniversary

• @jenna8984 - The cruise sounds amazing!!! I am dying to go to St Lucia. Those pics are killing me, they're so gorgeous! I love cruises but FI has never been on one. I think we're going to try to go on one maybe for our 1st anniversary in January 2017? GAH too many trips I want to take and not enough time (or money).
  • @jenjen047 Haveu booked your honeymoon yet? The red roofs right over my shoulder in the pic is the Sandals Grande St. Lucia. I now want to stay there!

• @jenna8984 - Maho Beach! We made the mistake of standing at the fence when a plane took off in the opposite direction and I thought I was going to die from the heat and the wind and the noise. So gorgeous though!

• @jenna8984 - We haven't booked it yet, but St Lucia is definitely on the list!
  • @jenna8984 I love Magen's Bay! The last time we went to St. Thomas we took a ferry to St. John which was just as peaceful.  
  • @swazzle omg yes! H did that but it was like 99 degrees out so I was all set with that exhaust heat and smell so I stood off to the side!

• Hi all! I'm around and lurking but don't have time to catch up with everyone today :(

@swazzle good job on your workouts!

@cocobellaf omg that looks amazing!

@jenna8984 It looks like you had an awesome trip! 

So, FI and I are back in SD, and super busy with work. But I have some news. Remember that whole layoff announcement? People were notified if they were let go last week when we were in NY. FI and I are both safe. 

We had a mostly wonderful time back. We did our tasting and I did some makeup and hair trials. I wasn't happy at all with the one makeup/hair trial. One I was kind of happy with, but need to think about it a little more. And I have another scheduled for this Saturday with someone who spends half the year in SoCal and half the year in Upstate NY. She's in SoCal now but will be in NY for our wedding. 

We had our tasting as well. For the most part the food was amazing, but the one entree option we tried was not good at all. It was a NY strip steak, and it was extremely tough. We are a little wary of serving a beef option now, but we are talking with the coordinator to see what our options are for trying a few other entrees. 

We learned about some drama going on between many of FI's friends. All of the sudden they really don't like one girl. FI and I are still friends with her, so that put us in an awkward situation. However, FI told me something that happened while we were back that has me rethinking our friendship with her. 

I spent a few nights with my family and friends and FI spent a few nights with his. On one of those nights, he had a few friends over and they were drinking his dad's wine, which is normal. Most of the time friends will spend the night so they don't have to drive home, and there are extra guest beds in that house so it isn't a problem and everyone gets their own. 

Well, she planned to stay the night, but then asked FI to cuddle with her that night. FI said no, and she responded with "Oh, okay. I guess I will go home then.". I am not happy about the fact that she tried to make a move on him fully knowing we are engaged. 

• @aurorarose41 - Glad you are both safe from layoffs! But yeah that girl needs to go. I would not be friends with someone who made a move on my FI and I definitely wouldn't invite her to my wedding! Did she say anything about it afterwards? Has she done anything like this before?
  • @jenjen047 thanks! We are both happy about it too, but we do know some people who weren't so lucky unfortunately. 

And no, she has never tried anything like this before with FI. I wasn't there, so I am hearing it secondhand from FI, but I think that was the end of the conversation that night. She did send me a Facebook message the next day telling me how much she missed both of us and how she was upset that she couldn't see me during that trip, but no mention of what she tried. 

Part of me wants to be nice and give a second chance to remain friends like nothing happened as long as it doesn't happen again, but part of me also thinks she doesn't deserve it as she knew we were together and tried to make a move anyways! Considering the other mutual friends no longer like her (and they are some of the easiest people to get along with and hardest to annoy I have ever met), I am more inclined to pick the first option. None of the mutual friends have heard about this yet, and FI and I are probably going to ask more in depth about what exactly their issues are with her. 

• edited September 2015
    @aurorarose41 Glad you guys are safe with the jobs, what a relief!
    OMG I would not be friends with that girl anymore. Awkward.

@audrewuh I hope you feel better soon. My dad has had kidney stones for as long as I can remember and has had plenty of procedures to get rid of them. They're so awful! :(

• @audrehwuh I hope you feel better soon! Hopefully your doctor can give you something that will help.

@lavenderfields13 that is what I am leaning towards. FI hates losing friends, and apparently the whole situation with our other two previous friends really got to him. He told me he lost sleep over it and really doesn't want to go through that again, but this girl also crossed a line. I trust him completely, but that doesn't mean she should be able to get away with that with no consequences. 

• @aurorarose41 - Yeah I just think what she did shows no respect for you or for FI, and I don't want to be friends with someone who doesn't respect. End of story. I didn't realize your mutual friends don't even know this and they already don't like her. That makes me even more inclined to say cut the friendship off. And that message the next day about missing you? Too coincidental for my taste. Sounds like she was feeling embarrassed/guilty/scared FI would tell you and wanted to paint herself in a positive light.

• audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    Thanks @lavenderfields13 and @aurorarose41! I've had stones for 19 years, so the concept and the pain isn't new, just annoying. The doc is removing a stent, which should alleviate my discomfort. 

On the friend thing, I have mixed feelings. It's not like she asked him to sleep with her, so I wouldn't be like

especially if there was a lot of alcohol involved. It's possible she was feeling drunk and lonely and just wanted that closeness with someone she already feels friendly with. But, if she's already on the outs with everyone else in the group, I'd find out what their problems were and go from there. I'm curious what their reasoning is.

ETA: spelling. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @audrewuh Ah the Bahamas is wonderful.  If you need good locations to hang out eat when you go let me know. 

I will definitely share the photos with friends and family.  I don't know how I feel about posting them to facebook, probably not.  I need to see what they look like as well.  I wouldn't want to upset anyone by sharing a photo of her either, she was super tiny.  I would share her pictures with someone without a doubt if they requested it. Feel better soon. 

Anniversary

• @audrehwuh this is where I am struggling. I don't want to assume the worst, but it kind of seemed like she wanted to do something as more than just friends and it could have led to more than cuddling. 

I also heard from mutual friends who were there that night (but didn't witness this happen) that they felt that she dominated the conversation to be all about her and they barely got a word in. After hearing what they said about it, and hearing what she tried with FI later that night, I kind of get the impression that she was trying to impress him that night. 

I do agree about finding out the problems that everyone else in the group has. It's hard because we live so far away from everyone. 

• @aurorarose41 yeah I would not be friends with her anymore either.   Not ok.  And ugh, hopefully the venue can provide a steak option or something else that isn't bad. 
  • Good afternoon ladies. This week is dragging for me. I'm still job hunting and working my current job while I look.

I'm currently bored at work... Might walk around... I had interviews Monday and today and nothing...

I am craving pumpkin something since its in stores now in all varieties.

I made meatloaf muffins with Cous Cous and roasted asparagus for meal prep yesterday and today and need to cook again tonight but I'm so sleepy I might make a sandwich and cook Friday.

My birthday is in 2 weeks and 2 days I'm stoked to get out of town and celebrate! I'm also happy my crazy roommate and psycho gf of his will be gone for a wedding this weekend...or at least for a couple days I think between now and Monday.

My mom aunt and grandma are coming to visit me Sunday and go out to lunch and to the Reagan library here in town. Should be fun!

Hope you have a good rest of the week. Check back with you all tomorrow!
  • @untouchablets  Sinus infections are my least favorite thing.  I get them chronically, and I won't notice how bad it is until I bend over and it burns like breathing in water.  Hope the antibiotics help!  If you get them often, there's always a Neti Pot... You've probably heard of it, but it's worth a google if not.  They work if you can force yourself to do it, haha.  

Shout-out to all you guys going to the gym!  I can't commit to consistent exercise worth a crap and I'm not sure the last time I walked into a gym.  I do try to bike to work at least 2-3 time a week though.
  • @audrewuh - I hope you feel better soon.  Hugs.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards