Wedding Woes

unpopular opinions

i watched an episode of "the gilmore girls." i thought it was awful. alexis bledel has no business acting; she can contribute to society by working in the accounting department of some corporation.

i thought the dialogue was incredibly stupid and pretentious. it was an attempt to be literary without actually having any meaning. it also confuses "fast" with "smart", as if to tell its audience that if you can't catch the actual words, then you must not be smart. EYE ROLL.

writing believable dialogue showcasing a good relationship is hard. conflict is easy; it's just "i hate you/you don't understand/etc." writing "i love you and respect you" is much harder. 
for a go9od example of this, watch "veronica mars" instead.

Re: unpopular opinions

• all the women on my local buy/sell/trade fb board who respond with "let me ask my husband" make me die a little inside.
  • if you have a business and your only clients are your friends and family, you do not have a business.
  • I can understand talking to a spouse on a big piece (furniture/rug) or a high dollar piece.  I've had some do it on $5 worth of clothes
  • i have this feeling that joggers are the new gauchos, but with less cameltoe.
  • and yes, if you wear them -- either gauchos or joggers -- to work, i am judging you.
  • I googled joggers.  Are they like old school sweatpants?  I bought a pair at Costco for winter bus stop duty.
  • they are like tapered capri sweatpants. somewhere, jenna lyon is laughing her ass off.
  • We currently have a jogger ban at my school.

• hmonkey said:
    all the women on my local buy/sell/trade fb board who respond with "let me ask my husband" make me die a little inside.
    I will use this one when I mean "fuck off" but for whatever reason, don't feel up to saying "fuck off."  I used it when the tree people said they were going to charge us $35 just to look at the broken branch, aside from the actual charge to trim it.

My UO:  I am sick to death of hearing about Pope Francis.  Good for him visiting the US, I hope he has a good time.  But everyone needs to STFU about it already. 
  • We currently have a jogger ban at my school.

Why?  I don't see anything wrong with them. 

The kiddo has 3 or 4 pairs.  While I find them kind of stupid, he likes them and I buy him the least obnoxious ones possible. 
  • Heffalump said:

My UO:  I am sick to death of hearing about Pope Francis.  Good for him visiting the US, I hope he has a good time.  But everyone needs to STFU about it already. 
    I watched the initial ceremony this morning at the White House.  He was making the Secret Service practically shit their pants when he was greeting the crowd and letting them all up on him. 

As a former Catholic, I feel torn between "this is too much" but also feeling a sense of nostalgia and comfort from watching him too.  It's weird. 
  • Heffalump said:

It's not so much the coverage that gets me as it is the entirely un-qualified people covering him that annoy the crap out of me!!!!  The amount of "putting words into the Pope's mouth" type thing especially!  Quite honestly (disclosure: I'm Catholic), I'm glad for "The Catholic Channel" covering it on Satellite because the MSM people annoy the heck out of me on the coverage!

• Joggers with dropped crotches are horrid. I don't get it.
  • I BLAME BIEBER.
  • if you watch any of the kardashian shows, i immediately think less of you.

seriously:

Pretty much the new Hammer Pants. Because those really needed to come back.

• My UO is that I find Mindy Kaling incredibly annoying. I would rather have my eyes gouged out with rusty bolts while listening to nails on a chalkboard and cats fighting than watch anything she is in.
  • Mrs. Conn

It started with kids not being able to cuff their pants( gang activity) and joggers sorta got added on with the no cuffs. Except, I've never seen gang members wearing joggers either.

• I have a pair of joggers- wearing them right now. But they're pajama pants and I don't leave the house with them.

• I'm 26 and spent so much money at American Eagle on jeggings that they gave me a "free" selfie stick. I took it to a bachlorette party and had so much fun with it!

• Hee. I needed that laugh.

Pretty much the new Hammer Pants. Because those really needed to come back.

What's wrong with Zubaz!?!?!??!  They're a MN company that's believe it or not - still in business!!!!
  • zubaz =/= hammer pants
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards