Chit Chat

Brad's Wedding

2»

Re: Brad's Wedding

• Just posting that this post made me so happy to see.  I will go back now to read everything.  

• I randomly show up on TK now, but I still remember Brad and his crazy ways. I'm glad I caught this. I feel like I never even left the drama. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • I don't understand leaving work early to rush off to his rehearsal dinner at all, or changing last minute, and showing up an hour early is rude- drive around or sit in your car. No pork or milk is a weird dietary restriction, so not at all clear why you would rely on Brad, the least considerate person ever, to take care of that instead of eating first or bringing food. I just don't get why you and your husband are so committed to being doormats for this guy. At all. You don't have to just sit back and let drama happen to you.
    Not really. Many Jewish people don't eat pork, and a lot of people are allergic to milk. 

Though I agree with everything else.
    I just mean it's not like just being vegetarian. I would expect a normal host to work with it but if you're going to spend a year complaining about how Brad is the absolute worst it's just plain stupid to me to rely on him for anything that requires any amount of consideration.
    I agree based on review of previous posts. However, this was actually my dietary restriction for like 10 years. I refused to eat any pork products from freshman year of high school through after college. I only recently started eating bacon and won't eat ham or anything. I also am lactose intolerant. Super fun. I usually disregard it and bear the consequences... 
  • I'm sorry, Novella, but I believe about 9% of this post. 
    Yeah, it's all a little much.

Especially the part about the BM who passed out during the ceremony. . . which seems very similar to the story I told of my SIL's wedding where the groom's sister who was full term pregnant passed out during the ceremony. . .
    I've heard many stories of people passing out during ceremonies.  Usually due to not eating, heat, and/or locking the knees.  I know I was seriously worried I would pass out at my own wedding because of nerves and I was a bit hot.
    Married 9.12.15

Especially the part about the BM who passed out during the ceremony. . . which seems very similar to the story I told of my SIL's wedding where the groom's sister who was full term pregnant passed out during the ceremony. . .
    I've heard many stories of people passing out during ceremonies.  Usually due to not eating, heat, and/or locking the knees.  I know I was seriously worried I would pass out at my own wedding because of nerves and I was a bit hot.
    Yeah it must be a pretty common thing!  My pastor didn't let anyone sit in the first row of pews in case someone from the bridal party (in this case me & DH) started feeling faint!  We were like umm really?? I guess he's seen it, and that's inside a church!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

People pass out at weddings all the time. H's mom works for a hospital and says it's super common. (Have you not seen the billion different montages of wedding pass-outs they do on America's Funniest Home Videos?) 

I guess I should have taken photos of each and every thing that happened so I wouldn't be accused of lying. 

I can't stand liars, for the record. I'm not the kind of person to tell lies. I have no motivation to do so. I will admit that crazypant's real name is not crazypants, and Brad's real name is not Brad, but other than that, all I did was report the actual experience I had. 

I guess I need a thicker skin but it honestly makes me feel like shit to come here and post about a real experience just to be called a liar. What point is there to lying? Really? 

Not only that, but I'm friends with a group of knotties outside of TK and was talking to a few of them while some of this was happening. So I'd have to have a pretty damn elaborate web of lies set up in order to get all that worked out. I don't have the energy or the patience to even try with that level on nonsense. 

Two shitty rude people hosted a shitty rude event. And that's that. 

People pass out at weddings all the time. H's mom works for a hospital and says it's super common. (Have you not seen the billion different montages of wedding pass-outs they do on America's Funniest Home Videos?) 

I guess I should have taken photos of each and every thing that happened so I wouldn't be accused of lying. 

I can't stand liars, for the record. I'm not the kind of person to tell lies. I have no motivation to do so. I will admit that crazypant's real name is not crazypants, and Brad's real name is not Brad, but other than that, all I did was report the actual experience I had. 

I guess I need a thicker skin but it honestly makes me feel like shit to come here and post about a real experience just to be called a liar. What point is there to lying? Really? 

Not only that, but I'm friends with a group of knotties outside of TK and was talking to a few of them while some of this was happening. So I'd have to have a pretty damn elaborate web of lies set up in order to get all that worked out. I don't have the energy or the patience to even try with that level on nonsense. 

Oh don't be melodramatic.  No one said you were a liar.  If we thought you were lying we would have said as much.  No one called you out for puling a MagicInk!

I just personally think a lot of what you post is exaggerated or embellished, because it's typically so over the top.  I'm not the only one.

I think you are a nice person and I enjoy your posts, but I just don't find them believable all the time, and this was one of those times.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Oh don't be melodramatic.  No one said you were a liar.  If we thought you were lying we would have said as much.  No one called you out for puling a MagicInk!

I just personally think a lot of what you post is exaggerated or embellished, because it's typically so over the top.  I'm not the only one.

I think you are a nice person and I enjoy your posts, but I just don't find them believable all the time, and this was one of those times.
    Not trying to be melodramatic but honestly that's hurtful to me. Saying I exaggerate or embellish, to me, is saying I'm lying. Here's a whole article about how common it is to pass out during a wedding ceremony. 

I didn't make up one word of my post. Obviously there's nothing I can say to make anyone believe me so I don't know why I'm even bothering responding, but this sucks. I don't really feel like posting threads about any experiences I have. There's really no point if people think I'm not telling the truth. So whatever. 
  • People pass out at weddings, yes. But the dramatic events that happened around it just don't seem believable. The bride stepped over a passed out person? The mother was screaming bloody murder. OK SURE. 

Why is it unbelievable that someone's mother would over-react? And what would be the point of fabricating that fact? I mean the mother screaming and flipping out wasn't all that interesting IRL, it's just what happened. People tried to calm her down but she was upset. Sometimes people get upset and make a big scene. It happened. 

I said in an earlier post/response that the pastor didn't pronounce them till the girl had woken back up. She was still on the ground (stayed on the ground for a while. I honestly think she was super embarrassed. And then the paramedics were coming in and I'm guessing they told her to just stay down so they could assess her without her falling again). And once she was awake and talking and clearly fine, the pastor pronounced them, and that is when crazypants stepped over her in order to exit the barn. Crazypants is an extremely rude person. Again, rude people do rude things. This is not out of the ordinary. It happened. 

I was just trying to include actual details that actually occurred. There was absolutely no reason for me to embellish such a shit-show of an event, so I didn't. 

Just like with my wedding, although I was expecting crazy drama, nothing crazy happened. So when I posted about my wedding here, I said that there was no drama and nothing crazy. I reported what actually happened. I could have made up anything about my sister but I see no point in that. I like to tell the true story of events that happened. Why the fuck can't I do that? 
  • edited September 2015
    I don't think you're necessarily a huge liar or a catfish or anything ridiculous. If I had to guess, I think I'd say that you told one (true) story about this guy, LOVED the responses and attention you got from people so you went with it. You continue to post about this guy and people continue to enjoy it and high five you and that feels nice. But you're starting to remind some of us of another regular who constantly one-ups people and needs to have a better (or worse) story. It just doesn't seem probable.

ETA: I have syncope (I just pass out - sometimes for no reason, sometimes due to heat and/or nerves) so I get that passing out during a wedding isn't terribly uncommon. But it is something that would get people riled up to hear about. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I don't think you're necessarily a huge liar or a catfish or anything ridiculous. If I had to guess, I think I'd say that you told one (true) story about this guy, LOVED the responses and attention you got from people so you went with it. You continue to post about this guy and people continue to enjoy it and high five you and that feels nice. But you're starting to remind some of us of another regular who constantly one-ups people and needs to have a better (or worse) story. It just doesn't seem probable.

ETA: I have syncope (I just pass out - sometimes for no reason, sometimes due to heat and/or nerves) so I get that passing out during a wedding isn't terribly uncommon. But it is something that would get people riled up to hear about. 
    Well, like I said, all I did was share an actual experience I had. I know these things happened. H knows these things happened. We were even talking to his parents about it last night. So if you don't believe me, fine, then don't. I would never have bothered sharing what happened if I had known all this shit would come up. 

And like I said earlier, I'm sure I need to get a thicker skin if I want to post here but this is honestly making me feel sick to my stomach so I'm gonna go ahead and step out of this thread. 
  • I don't think you're necessarily a huge liar or a catfish or anything ridiculous. If I had to guess, I think I'd say that you told one (true) story about this guy, LOVED the responses and attention you got from people so you went with it. You continue to post about this guy and people continue to enjoy it and high five you and that feels nice. But you're starting to remind some of us of another regular who constantly one-ups people and needs to have a better (or worse) story. It just doesn't seem probable.

Well, like I said, all I did was share an actual experience I had. I know these things happened. H knows these things happened. We were even talking to his parents about it last night. So if you don't believe me, fine, then don't. I would never have bothered sharing what happened if I had known all this shit would come up. 

And like I said earlier, I'm sure I need to get a thicker skin if I want to post here but this is honestly making me feel sick to my stomach so I'm gonna go ahead and step out of this thread. 
    It's really not that big of a deal. This is the internet - any of us can be whoever we want to be. Anyone can say whatever they want to say. I don't think there's an angry mob out to get you here. You don't need to prove anything nor do you need to give a rat's ass what we think. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

It's really not that big of a deal. This is the internet - any of us can be whoever we want to be. Anyone can say whatever they want to say. I don't think there's an angry mob out to get you here. You don't need to prove anything nor do you need to give a rat's ass what we think. 
    Plus I don't think this is the 1st time people said they thought you exaggerate or embellish your stories.  I know it has come up in other threads in the past.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• KatWAG said:
    I don't think you're necessarily a huge liar or a catfish or anything ridiculous. If I had to guess, I think I'd say that you told one (true) story about this guy, LOVED the responses and attention you got from people so you went with it. You continue to post about this guy and people continue to enjoy it and high five you and that feels nice. But you're starting to remind some of us of another regular who constantly one-ups people and needs to have a better (or worse) story. It just doesn't seem probable.

I am not sure why this is so shocking to you. You have been called out on several other threads for your one-upping and unbelievable stories.

If all of these stories are in fact 100% true, you  might want to evaluate the type of people in your life.

Novella, I'm a fan of yours- you're nice and you've dealt with a lot in your life with your crazy family- but the bolded sentence sums it up 100%.

You've got to cut some of these people out, girl- immediately.  You have way too many BSC, toxic, drama-lovin' people in your life.  Just say No.
    I think some of the crazy family stories might also be exaggerated. So of the stuff with her sister was a little hard to believe. Did she really want to wear a floor length, white gown to Novella's wedding? Or did sister make some off hand comment about a white dress and Novella ran with it?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ShesSoCold said:

And I bet no one's ever started screaming, let alone continued screaming after knowing you were fine.

At least that's been my experience. My mom just laughs at me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards