Not Engaged Yet

It's Monday, again.

Re: It's Monday, again.

• @Eilis1228 I mean it's a good show.. LOL. I realized after I typed it all up it came out looking like a plug and I totally didn't mean for that to happen. You also asked me a while ago about Disney and then I went on a hiatus. I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with them applying the spring discount. We are looking to go Feb 17-21. BF hasn't agreed yet, and won't until we come back from Texas so I won't know for a bit, but I booked it because I have up until the middle of December to cancel with no penalty. I also booked all reservations just in case! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @eilis1228 omg fried goat cheese. yum

Anniversary

• @caseface5 That's so exciting! Where are you staying? I hope your BF OKs everything in a couple of weeks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 - That food sounds amazing. Also, don't beat yourself up. 19/20 = 95% so you'd still get an A if this was school. :)
  • @jenjen047 LOL That's a great way to look at it! I'm just bummed because if I had taken one less rest day, I would have met my goal. I just didn't plan it out that well. Oh well, there's always next month! I guess next month is when it really counts anyway.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Happy Monday!!!

Yay @southernpeach89 and @labro!!!!! Thinking of you both!!

H and I had a pretty good weekend. On Friday we watched Everest which was really good, and really sad. We went to a theater that serves you food at your seat and they brew their own beer.

Saturday H and his dad played bagpipes and drums in the James Dean festival in Fairmount, Indiana. They wore kilts and all and looked really cute :) later that night we went to our fave Irish pub for some beer and soda bread.

Sunday was my MIL's bday so we went out to eat and then slept most of the day. It was nice.

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 - Congrats on passing your test!!!

@LaBro - It's baby time!!!!  Keep updating us!!

Good morning everyone!  I'm in late today.  I had an appt at 9 AM, so I slept in until 6:15 and then did a 2.5 mile run before my appt.  Got to see my new doctor to talk about the PMDD.  I think it went well.

I brought in an apple spice walnut cake because my coworker and I are having a competition.  He brought in lemon pie.  I hope I win, but I don't know... his pie is really good.

Almost lunch time!
  • @labro YAY BABY CALLIE!!

@beachyone15 I've had these glasses for 2 1/2 years ish. Idk what's going on, but lately I've had such bad eye strain! I need vision checked, but going down the list of issues. I'm hoping it's just my vision changed, but if not I may have to visit the dr.
  • Afternoon everyone!

@swazzle love the tattoos!!
    @Peaseblossom55 congrats on passing! Bummer you wasted all that time studying though!
    @labro @southernpeach89 OMG BABY CALLIE IS COMING I AM SO EXCITED!!

My weekend was mostly good! I went to the global citizen festival with BF and we had an awesome time, I danced gleefully around him during Beyonce's set while he acted embarrassed and during single ladies I definitely did the ring-hand-move in his face and he thought that was pretty funny and wasn't at all offended lol. Yesterday I felt really crappy from my sinus infection plus I caught a cold so I worked and then went home and slept. I lied to my professor in an email so I could have an extra day to finish an assignment because I was so tired. I'm gonna do it as soon as I get off work today even though I could sleep for another ten years.
  • NEY VIBES!!!!!!!!

My sister is having a c-section at about 2 pm est. Please pray for her and baby Callie that Callie is born safely and that my sister has a quick recovery!!

• @labro - Oh no!  I hope everything is alright.  All of my prayers are with your sister and Callie.  
  • @LaBro sending all the vibes and prayers I've got!
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro, all the vibes and thoughts for @southernpeach89 and baby Callie!

@twodimes, fortuitous timing on The Martian. H got me the book last week as a surprise, and I read it last night. I thought it was FANTASTIC. A nice quick read, the science seemed very reasonable, and I thought the main character had the best sense of gallows humor I'd read in quite a while. I really enjoyed it.
  • @labro @southernpeach89 - Sending all my vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @southernpeach89 - Sending you and Callie tons of vibes!

Thank you for keeping us updated @labro!

• @labro all the vibes for @southerpeach89 Callie and her husband/daddy :)
  • @labro Callie really doesn't want to come out of there, huh! Vibes for a quick, safe delivery and recovery for @southernpeach89 and Callie!

• @speakeasy14 omg wine filled chocolate sounds delicious. I've had chocolate wine and it was a bit much to drink, but wine filled chocolate? Sounds perfect.

@labro @southernpeach89 Best wishes!!

@eilis1228 Fried goat cheese is one of the best things ever. A restaurant here has it in a salad and I have to get it every single time I'm there. Nommmm!

This weekend was action packed. Friday night my plans were to chill and clean my apartment, but as I was leaving work BF informed me his parents had extra tickets to see Martin Short perform, so I went to that. Lots of LOLing.

Saturday BF and I woke up nice and early, picked up our friend around 9 and drove up to see the WVU game. That was a grand time, but man it was a long day. The game seemed to last forever and we drove back home afterward, didn't get back until 11:30pm, but WVU won and I got deep fried cheese bites for the trip home so I call it a success. 

Sunday I relaxed for a bit and then BF and I went over to my parents house for dinner. He hadn't met them yet because one of my parents is usually out of town, or I'm out of town, so coordinating has been difficult. I'm glad they finally met though.

My car has been acting up for a week and I was scheduled to take it in for service on Thursday, but this morning it completely stalled out on me in traffic. Luckily got it started again, but I had to call the Subaru dealership to get my car in ASAP, and fortunately they were ale to get me in today. I'm sitting here waiting by the phone to hear the "news" on my poor car's condition. I'm hope it's not an expensive fix.

Also this morning I managed to snag tickets to see Bill Nye the Science Guy speak. The whole event sold out in 45 minutes, probably because tickets were free and people were getting huge blocks of them (hopefully to give to friends and family, but I won't be surprised if jerks try to sell them off). I'm super pumped, Bill Nye was always one of my idols. I might cry when he comes out on stage.

• @alpacina I think my bigger issue was the final paragraph.  I wasn't expecting there to be a heroic moment, but the ending just really upset me.  I threw my book across the room. 

@labro I'm super late, but thinking of you and @southernpeach89 and baby Callie. 
  • @speakeasy14 - I do not remember the final paragraph in particular. And now it's going to bug me until I can get home and read it again.

But I can totally understand your reaction:

• @labro, woo!! Congrats to @southernpeach89 and I'm glad everyone is doing well!!
  • @labro - THANK you for the update!  

@southernpeach89 - CONGRATS MOMMA!!!!  SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR YOU!
  • CONGRATS @SOUTHERNPEACH89 AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALLIE!!!!!!
  • AAAAH BABY CALLIE!!!!!!  Congrats @southernpeach89 and Aunt @labro!!!!!!

Not much new here to report.  Work is kind of crazy this week because we're finishing up one mini-mester and starting the next.  My weekend was okay...I volunteered on Saturday morning, then went and got my flu shot on Saturday afternoon and proceeded to spend the rest of the weekend feeling lethargic and achy (my standard flu shot reaction).  Good news is I feel totally better; bad news is the pile of exams and papers to grade didn't shrink any.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards