Wedding Woes
Options

Fuck this fucking forecast.

**caution - all of the swears.

Wedding's in 5 days!  We are ridiculously excited and I am on the precipice of the "Fuck It"/wedding zen stage where all of the important things are done and everything else is whatever.  The light at the end of the tunnel is near.

But what. the. FUCK. with the weather.  The Boston forecast is legit rain for the next WEEK.  It's been so gorgeous this September and then this shit-filled period of time right around the wedding.  We of course have an indoor backup plan (workable, enough space for everyone, blah blah), but the ceremony and cocktail hour are planned for outside in a gorgeous garden which is what I am most excited about for the day.  The indoor ceremony plan would be in the reception room, so all the set tables would be pushed to the sides so the ceremony chairs/aisle can be set up down the middle.  SO not desirable (whiiiiine).  

I am honestly trying not to pay attention until a couple days out because I think the weather people are generally full of shit but what the actual fuck.  Every time I turn around someone's like "Oooh, have you seen the weather forecast?  Hope it clears up!!"  Like no, I haven't been refreshing the weather.gov page every 10 minutes and HEY!  You're totes the first person to tell me it might rain!! THANKS!

Paging @lyndausvi and anyone else who's had to use their back-up plans due to shit weather (which is an understatement for Lynda - I know we are lucky in comparison!) to talk me off the ledge and tell me to shut up and deal with it and be happy.  I did buy one of those cute clear bubble umbrellas today to make the most of the photos just in case, so there's that.

Re: Fuck this fucking forecast.

• Options

I wouldn't bother moving the tables around, that's just more work... 

Set up "as-if' you'll have an opening in the weather...  Get some plastic drop cloth that you can spread across the top of the ceremony chairs to keep them dry and pull at the last second if the minute-cast for the venue shows that day you'll have enough of a lull to have the ceremony outdoors anyway.  Everyone will understand if you have everything indoors if the weather didn't hold out. 

• Options
    MesmrEwe said:

Set up "as-if' you'll have an opening in the weather...  Get some plastic drop cloth that you can spread across the top of the ceremony chairs to keep them dry and pull at the last second if the minute-cast for the venue shows that day you'll have enough of a lull to have the ceremony outdoors anyway.  Everyone will understand if you have everything indoors if the weather didn't hold out. 

BOXES ON MOBILE?!

Great idea on the plastic drop cloth for the outdoor chairs! And then if it does rain and we can't do it outside, you're saying we are better off to just have people seated at their dining tables for the ceremony inside?

• Options

BOXES ON MOBILE?! Great idea on the plastic drop cloth for the outdoor chairs! And then if it does rain and we can't do it outside, you're saying we are better off to just have people seated at their dining tables for the ceremony inside?
    If it's not going to be a long ceremony, yeah, just do that. 

I'll second you on bitching about the weather - we're going to Philly to visit my ILs later in the week and it's supposed to rain almost every damn day. I've been planning to do pics of all of the cousins (7 kids ages 1-7), and wanted to shoot outdoors so I could  have the natural light. I don't have studio lighting, and even if I did, i'm not about to lug it halfway across the country to take pics in my ILs' living room. 
  • Options
    I have nothing to add except to commiserate - weather forecast in NYC is the same for my Sunday wedding (6 days augh!), and while our wedding is indoors I had my heart set on (and spent a ton of time/money getting permits for) outdoor photos. And yes, people won't shut up about the weather and "oooh isn't rain on your wedding day bad luck?" WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT.

It'll all turn out okay! Just stay in that wedding zen zone :)
  • Options
    What Heffa said. Rain on your wedding day is good luck. As I walked down the aisle, I felt rain drops hit my shoulders. Luckily, we did the photos beforehand and the reception was inside so it was fine.

I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Weather is so unpredictable and it may end up just being a cloudy day, which is better for pictures anyway!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

BOXES ON MOBILE?! Great idea on the plastic drop cloth for the outdoor chairs! And then if it does rain and we can't do it outside, you're saying we are better off to just have people seated at their dining tables for the ceremony inside?
    Yes!    No one is going to side-eye you when the chairs are set up for their viewing pleasure outside and rain changes the plan.  I'd rather be sitting at my spot at a dining table than have to get up, wait for someone to move my spot, then wait for them set up the table, then get the chairs there...  It looks less organized and staff hate having to move things twice. 
  • Options

Well it's about time since we haven't hardly had any rain since the torrential downpours for my wedding on June 27!!  It was also a high of 52 degrees and my reception was outdoors.  Cars parked in a muddy field, and a 50 yard uncovered walk to the restrooms.

I swear every single weekend has been nice since then in the NE. :-(

I got annoyed with everyone telling me what good luck it was - yeah, I'm sure you would be singing that tune if it happened to you!!

Supposedly overcast skies are good for photos if there is a break in the showers.

My dress was a mess  but I had to just not care in the moment, ya know?  You only get one shot, but I won't say I don't feel a little robbed afterwards!  And I didn't even want a big wedding, but I did want nice outdoor photos!  On THAT DAY though, it didn't really matter!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards