Not Engaged Yet

Furlough Wednesday

It's Wednesday.  We have a meeting at the end of the day to discuss furlough guidance.  Management is feeling confident that we'll have a government shut-down, so yeah...  I will find out today if I have to stay home and not get paid, work and not get paid, or work and not get paid but maybe get paid retroactively.  FUN STUFF.

What's going on with everyone today?

Re: Furlough Wednesday

• edited September 2015
    @Swazzle - You HAVE to get that hair color and style.  I LOVE IT SO MUCH.  DO IT.

ETA:  It's the government.  I feel like we've been doing this every year since 2010 or something.  :-\  I'd have to actually look it up, but I know it's not the first time since I've been here, but it is the first time since I've been a contractor so...  Bleh.
  • @cocobellaf it seems like every couple of years there's a government shutdown it sucks that it affects your job. The last time there was one, we were in DC and didn't get to do a lot of things that H wanted to since the Smithsonian is US Government. But I got to hang out with some awesome NEYers so that made up for it X 1000000000000000000!!!!

@swazzle I can't wait to see how your hair turns out!

@caseface5 if I were you, I would turn down the shower invite. That's a lot in a weekend. And a Monday wedding? Holy crap.

Yesterday was nice. I had the day off from work so I was lazy about dinner. We bought some beef stroganoff from a Polish deli about 20 minutes from us so I defrosted that and had it with some mashed potatoes. It was SO GOOD. We watched a little Hulu and went to bed early.

Today is work, then a dentist's appointment that I'm thinking about rescheduling. I'm just not in the mood to have my mouth looked at and being judged. We also get our first Home Chef delivery and I'm SO EXCITED! H is making mushroom swiss burgers, then we have a pork tenderloin recipe and a steak recipe.

Also how is it only Wednesday, this week is dragging ass.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 The fact that the wedding is on a Monday isn't even the worst of it. I told both my mom and aunt that I was going to decline and they both told me not to. My mom said she might throw my name on her gift. It all depends on what the guys are going to be doing. I wouldn't want to leave BF alone to go to the shower unless he had something to do too.
    friends tv show funy
  • @cocobellaF wow that sucks I hope the government doesn't shut down.

@swazzle I love that color.  I need a coloring so bad, especially before getting KU again. I want a dark brown

@casface5 go ahead and start drinking now :-)

@buddysmom80 oh no you just reminded me I have the dentist on Monday... yuck.  I love mashed potatoes I could eat them for days.

I'm exhausted. It's a combo of not sleeping well (my back was hurting so I tossed and turned quite a bit & swoke up screaming from a nightmare at some point) and the weather.  It's rainy but very muggy and humid. I was super productive after work.  I got in my work out and did all of the tasks I needed to!  Each day I'm focusing on something in the house to clean or organize.  Yay tomorrow is October!!!

Today I hope to order my Molly bear, they only open their orders once a month and only accept about 125 orders.. When I get home I plan to organize one of the spare bedrooms exciting right?? It beats studying that's for sure.  I also want to get in some more reading I didn't read as much as I wanted to last night. 

Anniversary

• @caseface5 I'm still shocked at a Monday wedding! I guess the bright side of it is that Mondays are the worst so it's at least something to look forward to? Maybe? I'm reaching here!

@peaseblossom55 don't judge me, but we used instant mashed potatoes last night. It was still delicious though. I'm with you on going dark brown for my next color. It's brown now with some highlights but I want it darker. My roots look like crap right now, I have a four day weekend coming up so I might go this weekend. My hairstylist doesn't work on Saturdays but on Sundays which doesn't work because Sundays are the only day off that H and I both have. Hopefully she has an appointment either Monday or Tuesday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @CocoBellaF - Yea it does seem like this has happened frequently over the past few years. I really hope they don't shut down. 

@caseface5 - Whatttttttt. The wedding is on Monday and they just invited you to the shower that is on Sunday? Like... the day before? You are a seriously better woman than I because I would not attend either of those shit shows. 

@buddysmom80 - ZOMG I wanted those burgers SO bad. H would not be pleased due to the mushrooms though. There were red pepper flakes involved in the pizza last night and you should have seen the look I got when I put the plate down in front of him. There were like, 4 flakes total on his. 

@Peaseblossom55 - Dark brown would look SO good on you! Do it! How are you liking the book?

• @peaseblossom55 - You should read all the books since you don't have to study anymore.  That was the first thing I wanted to do after I passed my PMP exam last year.
  • @swazzle I forgot about your H's hate for mushrooms! It's like my H and fish. But, we compromised on a BA week (since we keep getting free credits from BA since our orders are always screwed up) where I got salmon and he got lamb and we'll just have extra meals of the food we like. I wish H liked fish more because the HC fish meals look SO GOOD.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle I think the plan is dark brown for the end of October sometime, it's actually closer to my natural color anyway :-) The book is really good. I don't want to put it down but I do need some sleep I'm like 70% of the way through it though. 

Anniversary

• @GoldenPenguin - Another golden???  YAY!!!!
  • @peaseblossom55 - What are you reading right now?
  • @Peaseblossom55 Sorry you didn't get any sleep last night. Seems a lot of us have been having trouble sleeping (I think I saw someone else post it yesterday).

@buddysmom80 and @swazzle For real.. I can't believe I am going but this cousin and I were born 8 days apart and we were raised like twins. I don't have any siblings so this is the closet thing I've got. We are flying down tomorrow, they are having a night out Friday night (not hosted), a "bring your own meet and boose" BBQ on Saturday, now we have this fucking thing Sunday, the wedding is Monday night and they are having a morning after brunch Tuesday morning (again, not hosted). I'm hoping I come out of this thing a fucking Saint. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @GoldenPenguin - Vi 100% wants a puppy sister. 

@buddysmom80 - I wouldn't be able to handle it if H didn't like fish. He'd be on his own. 

@caseface5 - This sounds like the most expensive weekend ever (for you, sadly). 

• @peaseblossom55 I'm judging that waiter that judged you! We were just talking about how during Thanksgiving I eat one piece of turkey and then all of the sides. So last night when H gave me my plate there was a HUGE serving of mashed potatoes and a little bit of beef stroganoff and I'm like "I like mashed potatoes but not that much."

@goldenpenguin I'm really excited about the steak meal. I'm kicking myself over the pork tenderloin since I made a pork tenderloin Monday for dinner (there's none left) but pork tenderloin twice in a week is a little much. Also I'm crossing everything that you get that golden retriever!!!!!! I can help with giving her snuggles too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle you know what really sucks? H eats sushi, but won't eat cooked fish unless it's fried (he likes fish and chips) so things like salmon, swordfish, etc are out of the question. It makes me so sad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @goldenpenguin thank you! yay another golden that would be so cute!!!

@cocobellaF I am reading Carved Into Darkness, it's a bit creepy and morbid but it's interesting. 

@buddysmom80 I could sadly eat a whole package of mashed potatoes by myself.  I would make H do runs to Wawa for mashed potatoes when I pregnant too.  H doesn't like fish either it seems like it would be such an easy thing to cook too. 

Anniversary

• I got home, at BA kale hash (yum). Then I went to a jewelry party. There were MANY pretty things, but since my sister sells the same jewelry, I didn't buy anything. I did have yummy apple cider sangria (which I am going to go pin immediately).

When I left to go home, there was 2" of water running down the street (massive rainstorm). I had to take my shoes off to get to my car. When I got home, I found that there was something wrong with the door and I couldn't unlock it. Thank God DH had his phone next to him in bed (he usually doesn't). He came down and while trying to get the door unlocked, pulled off the door handle. What a cluster. We got it back on, and he was finally able to jam the door hard enough to pop the lock. I'm hoping to get a handyperson over to change the doorknob tonight.

Then I thought I'd check the basement, since during windy rainstorms, we usually get a little water down there. Well, I go down there and not only is the one corner wet, but there has been water that has seeped up from UNDER the ground into the entire basement. I spent an hour moving picture frames, shoes (we keep our workout stuff down there), etc. Luckily there were a lot of plastic bins and shelves to put things on, but what a pain in the butt. I didn't fall asleep until close to midnight.

But I did get up and go to Crossfit this morning. I set a PR in sumo deadlift and finally was able to get double-unders! (Jumproping). Now I have a crazy day ahead of me at work, and all I want to do is go back to bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @GoldenPenguin - I literally cannot.

@untouchablets - You should sign up for the Bumble and Bumble hair model thing. I haven't gone to it yet but @hummingbird125 used to do it and loved it. It's in the city and it's free: CLICK They have a model call thing on Monday but you have to sign up first. 

Halloween
    Nightmare on Elm Street 
    Friday the 13th
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I also like the remake of this)
    The Exorcist 
    The Shining
    Carrie 
    Poltergeist
    Rosemary's Baby
    Silence of the Lambs
    Psycho
    Scream

• Most likely a P&R -- Work is crazy this week because the Board is here.  I think I spent a total of maybe two hours at my desk yesterday.   Tonight I have a work dinner.  Then I plan on snuggling with the puppers until my bf gets back from the City.

@cocobellaf that is frustrating.  Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

@swazzle you should do it and then we can be hair twins

@goldenpenguin Fingers crossed they let you adopt the doggie!!!

@caseface5 good luck! Hopefully you still are able to have a good time and enjoy being with all of your family.

@peaseblossom55 I agree dark brown would look amazing on you, do it!!!

• @swazzle ahh such good movies.  I love the scary movies on in October!

Anniversary

• Most likely a P&R -- Work is crazy this week because the Board is here.  I think I spent a total of maybe two hours at my desk yesterday.   Tonight I have a work dinner.  Then I plan on snuggling with the puppers until my bf gets back from the City.

@cocobellaf that is frustrating.  Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

@swazzle you should do it and then we can be hair twins

@goldenpenguin Fingers crossed they let you adopt the doggie!!!

@caseface5 good luck! Hopefully you still are able to have a good time and enjoy being with all of your family.

@peaseblossom55 I agree dark brown would look amazing on you, do it!!!

"They" = Husband hahaha ;)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards