pregnant bridesmaid

2»

Re: pregnant bridesmaid

• Options
    @scribe95 Zombie thread alert!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    banana468 said:

I do think that bridesmaid should have let the bride know in advance and may not have accepted being a bridesmaid. If I were pregnant and knew I was due around the time of the wedding, the last thing I would want to do is worry about fitting in a pretty dress and attending all these functions when I'm 7 almost 9 months pregnant. So I would respectfully decline, give her reason, and hope I am able to attend my friend's wedding as a guest!

And it is the bride's day. It's the groom's day too but we are talking about the bride and her bridesmaid. It's not the guests' day. They attend and celebrate with you but it's not their day.

Getting ready and being present with the bride on her day (or groom's day if you all want to complain about that too) is very important to the bride. It's not "nonsense."

Your niece has the right to feel bummed that her friend can't be a bridesmaid or may not be able to attend. I'm sure your niece is also very excited her friend!

Please don't dig up zombie threads to give terrible advice.
    @banana468 FTW.
  • Options
    I do think that bridesmaid should have let the bride know in advance and may not have accepted being a bridesmaid. If I were pregnant and knew I was due around the time of the wedding, the last thing I would want to do is worry about fitting in a pretty dress and attending all these functions when I'm 7 almost 9 months pregnant. So I would respectfully decline, give her reason, and hope I am able to attend my friend's wedding as a guest!

And it is the bride's day. It's the groom's day too but we are talking about the bride and her bridesmaid. It's not the guests' day. They attend and celebrate with you but it's not their day.

Getting ready and being present with the bride on her day (or groom's day if you all want to complain about that too) is very important to the bride. It's not "nonsense."

Your niece has the right to feel bummed that her friend can't be a bridesmaid or may not be able to attend. I'm sure your niece is also very excited her friend!
    Stop trying to stir up shit.  The OP said the wedding was this past summer.  This thread is no longer relevant.  If you feel compelled to discuss a topic, start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards