Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• Sweet Rain Dally Knit Top
    • Pixley Tracy Dot Print Cross Back Knit Top -- this is my favorite out of everything
    I can't wait to see how these look on you.... I am guessing I'll immediately put the top two in a note to my stylist!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @TwoDimes Great fix! I actually love that gray top and would totally wear it for myself but I know it would never work on my with my giant knockers. :(

• @twodimes, great fix! I love the dolman sleeve top - hope that shows up in a future Fix for me! I think the crochet trim blouse and cardigan are great layering pieces as well.
  • @TwoDimes - Polka dots are so awesome! I didn't realize the circles on the sleeves were crocheted, because I really like the look of them but if it's crocheted I probably wouldn't like the feel of them on my arms. I agree that it's obviously great for layering. I'm sad the dolman top didn't fit well because the color is so pretty! (Although, on second thought, now all I see is a bunch of hashtag symbols.)

• @TwoDimes - Dude, keep it. We'll cut it up into its puzzle pieces and then try to put it back together!

• @twodimes OMG that top is way cuter than what we were finding!! I hope mine is the exact same!! 
  • Got my fix, on the fence with two tops. Lighting in my bedroom isn't great and I don't have a full length mirror, or dressers, yet. Also, I was about to start painting so I had on paint covered yoga paints, whoops.

Sweet Rain Dally Knit Top
    - love, it is so soft and I love the blue stripes... but it is much shorter than I thought it would be. I feel like I'll wear it once and then it'll shrink.

Pixley Tracy Dot Print Cross Back Knit Top
    - still my favorite. Super soft, just loose enough, and I love the criss-cross back

Daniel Rainn Poppins Crochet Trim Blouse
    - I wanted to love this, but it just does not fit right. It is longer in the back, but not stretchy so it just bunches over my butt. My bf walked in while I was taking the picture and said he didn't like it either

RD Style Keira Crew Neck Split Back Knit Top
    - I like it, but it is tight in the chest and arms. My bf loves it and said to keep it, so maybe I'll see if there is a larger size.

THML Chassie Textured Dress
    - so much no. I barely could get it on, when I did I only got the zipper halfway. The fabric of the ruffles is itchy. The only plus was the color and the pockets.
  • @TwoDimes it's the hi-lo trend, I hate it. I'll have to try the top on tucked in and see if I like it better.
  • @TwoDimes @speakeasy14 Love the Poppins crochet trim blouse on both of you!

• @speakeasy14, oh my goodness, I love the cross-back top!
  • @TwoDimes - I actually really like the dolman on you! I requested a 2nd dolman for my next Fix (a v-neck burgundy one). 

@speakeasy14 - LOVE that polka dot top! I really like the split back one too! 

• justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    @swazzle AH a burgundy dolman? FI might kill me if I get another one, that style shirt has been one I frequent so I had a few before even starting Stitch Fix. Mine won't be here til the 20th I think, I need to sync up with you ladies!!

P.s. I agree with both of your choices on keep items. 
    @speakeasy14 WHAT were they thinking with that dress? Dresses that show of the side of your bra are infuriating. EDIT: Just realized that's probably where the zipper is, I didn't look at the close up. Clearly that is a pet peeve of mine!! 
  • @justsie - This is the one I pinned and requested in my note: 

imageMy Fix is supposed to arrive next Saturday but I NEED it to come 1 day early (they almost always do) because @GoldenPenguin will be at my house and because I requested this dress to wear to @beanbot2002's shower the next day! 

• @swazzle - I kept the aleah dolman top in navy blue. It is so comfy! I think you'll love it. It fits a little different than the grey striped one too, which is nice.

@speakeasy14 - The dotted shirt looks awesome on you! And I agree that the striped shirt seems a bit too short. Like, if you bend over it will end up riding up your back a bit........... I really don't understand the split back trend.

• @jutsie hahaha that's where the zipper was stuck -- still the itchy fabric of the ruffles is enough for the what were they thinking reaction

@alpacina I am obsessed with anything open back, but yeah the split back trend is weird.  I'd pair it with a lacy cami or something, but wouldn't wear it like I was trying it on since you can see my bra. I think my bf wanted me to keep it because he could see my bra. 

I ended up only keeping the cross back polka dot top -- asked if the split back  is available in a larger size. 
  • @TwoDimes I love everything in your fix! You are so pretty! I especially love that teal top. I'm sorry you didn't feel comfortable in it because I think it looks fantastic on you and really brings out your eyes.

@speakeasy14 You could always wash the short top in cold water and then hang dry to prevent shrinking. It's really cute and flattering on you!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @GoldenPenguin - I can't wait for you to AW the purple jeans.  I love to stalk this thread.

@Swazzle - did your SF come in?  I'm waiting impatiently for you to AW the shirt and dress so I can decide if I want them.  ;)
  • @CocoBellaF - My Fix is being styled now. It says it's scheduled to arrive on Saturday but it almost always comes 1 day early so hopefully Friday. 

• AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    I win for ugliest stitch fix item received on this board!!! But we'll start with the good.
    -The Kensie Rebekah blazer was really comfortable, and cute, but it was definitely a few sizes too big. I would order it smaller but with how huge it was I'm not sure I'd risk the fit.
    -The 41Hawthorne Moni Abstract Chevron Stud Detail Blouse looks really nice. It's a little square, but I like that shape. It just wouldn't be for everyone. I'm keeping it.
    -The Urban Expressions Andover Bowler Bag is awesome and beautiful. I'm gonna keep it for shopping days and long car trips. The shade of purple (I'm sure it has a more sophisticated name) is gorgeous!

Onto the bad:
    -The Pixley Oswego Fringe Crochet Terry Pullover is the ugliest thing ever. The bottom is basically sweatshirt material, but too short and too wide, kind of like guys wore to the gym in the 80s. The top was pretty and fit nice, but omg, so ugly together.
    -The J.O.A. Birtie Dress was really pretty and comfy, but I specified on my profile that dresses can't be fitted unless they have some kind of peplum design. It is the worst style for my huge love handle body type. I'm just glad she saved me 100 bucks.

• Hey guys! Fix #3 came today and I'm on the fence about nearly everything.. I need your wise advice! I'm too lazy to chop my head out of these photos so please ignore my exhausted face and goofy smile -- DH was making me laugh.

#1: Abberly Cut Out Detail Knit Top - Not usually a fan of cut outs, but this makes up for it in quality of fabric. This shirt is sooo comfy and I like the sleeves.

imageimage

#2 Broden Crochet Neckline Top- This felt cheap and thin, and it's almost too short.. I'm not a fan of showing my stomach. Plus it came wrinkled, and I hate ironing/keeping this ironed.

#3 Carmelita Crew Neck Blouse -  Definitely on the fence. I never wear polka dots but i like the cut and style of the shirt.. Not sure how flattering it is though and I can't tell how i feel about the black on bottom/white on top.

#4 Kristah Ruffle Knit Blazer - Is this too small? When I button it it looks awful.. but idk how often I would do that anyway. It seems to fit well everywhere else. It's knit and stretchy which I like, but I can't tell how I feel about the ruffles. Love the color! Here it is with the polka dot top which is what my stylist suggested.

imageimage

#5 Emer High Waisted Trouser - I honestly thought these were maternity pants when I tried them on! They came up well past my belly button and have no zipper - I'm assuming because it would be uncomfortable to have a zipper pressing on your stomach like that. Honestly, I didn't hate them.. I thought they were flattering and they actually weren't too long for once (maybe it's because I had to pull them up to my ribcage?!) The big thing turning me off from these are the price - $98! A little high for me. Sorry that the photo is so far away.. hard to tell what they're like. They don't taper at the ankle, which I don't like.

What do you guys think? I'm going to sit on this box for a couple of days... The last couple times I feel like I've made a couple rash decisions on my past two boxes. 
  • @PamBeesly524 - That cutout top looks so cute with a pony tail! I love it! I think the polka dot shirt looks great with a solid colored material over it, like the blazer. I do think the blazer sleeves are an awkward length, but maybe if you roll them up once and show the cuff it could look a little better? The rest looks really nice left open.

• @alpacina thanks! I literally didn't even notice the blazer sleeves while i was wearing it but looking at the photos they definitely look awkward. I'm going to have to try it on again with them cuffed!
  • @alpacina, I love the bag!

@pambeesly524, I think you should definitely keep the polka dot shirt.
  • @AlPacina - Check out Macy's for the Kensie blazer. They carry the exact same one but you can always find a sale/coupon to use towards it. I've been wanting to try out a Moni! Glad you liked it. That fringe top is... interesting. It looks really confused! I absolutely love the bag! And I'm not a fan of the dress either. 

@PamBeesly524 - I love the purple striped top on you! The cutouts are really fun. Not loving the blue top. It seems too short and wide. I think the polka dot top would look great with a black cardigan. The blazer looks too small to me but that color is gorgeous. I haven't gotten Emers but I know a lot of people rave about them (especially the elastic high-waist). I'd have to be in LOVE and the pants would have to fit like they were made for me in order to keep them for $98. 

• @swazzle @keptinstitches @twodimes, you all have convinced me to return the blazer! @alpacina idk how I missed your post, but I do like that kenzie blazer so maybe I will return mine and get yours at Macy's like swazzle suggested. I agree that the one you got is too big. I LOVE the bag!
  • @alpacina omg that sweater is so awkwardly shaped and what is going on with the fringing!?! I love that bag, perfect fall/winter color! Blazers are my nemesis; I have to dress business professional for work and they're always too big or too small in the arms. I've been finding mine lately at Banana Republic. 

@pambeesly524 I love the purple top; it looks really nice on you! I don't like the shape of the blue top.  The polka dot top is cute untucked, it looks off tucked in.  The blazer is cute, but definitely too tight in the arms. If you like those pants check out the Vera Wang and Lauren Conrad jeggings at kohls. 
  • @pambeesly524 I agree with @Swazzle. I'd really have to be IN LOVE with a pair of pants to pay $98 for them. I love the polka dot top, just don't really care for it tucked in. Untucked all the way!

@AlPacina I have no words for that sweatshirt fringe monstrosity.

@Swazzle YAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your fix arrives on Friday!!

• @alpacina - I'm lurking on this thread all the time.  I just have to say, you are really pretty.  :)  That sweatshirt is hideous though...who the hell thought of combining all those things?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards