Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Why does the procession have to be so complicated?

2»

Re: Why does the procession have to be so complicated?

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    Viczaesar said:
    No, Jen#s, you're the one misreading.

Bullshit.  My emotional state has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not I think children under 3 should be pulled in wagons down aisles at weddings, but for some fucking reason ShesSoCold decided to equate it with whether or not I'm happy.  My emotions are not up to her (or to you or any other person) to decide for me what they should be.  That's fucking intrusive.

• Jen4948 said:
    Viczaesar said:
    No, Jen#s, you're the one misreading.

Bullshit.  My emotional state has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not I think children under 3 should be pulled in wagons down aisles at weddings, but for some fucking reason ShesSoCold decided to equate it with whether or not I'm happy.  My emotions are not up to her (or to you or any other person) to decide for me what they should be.  That's fucking intrusive.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm so confused what is happening here?

• emmaaa said:
    I'm so confused what is happening here?
    OP needed processional help. Then "google something" clearly = "you should feel like this and/or your emotions are wrong". 

(I'm going to refrain from the pun/snark that automatically came into my head after typing "OP needed processional help).
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • emmaaa said:

I'd like to know that myself. I said a couple of times that I disagree with pulling kids under 3 down aisles in wagons by way of "inclusion" in weddings, and for some reason I got accused of being unhappy. The two have no relationship, but then I got accused if "misreading" posts when I told the persons accusing me of being unhappy that what my emotional state has no bearing on the matter, and should be and isn't for them to decide.
  • I'm curious, if BMs "duties" are to help with invitations, centerpieces, etc., why don't the GMs have to? And what about if a couple doesn't have any BMs in their bridal party? And would any men on the bride's side still have to do the DIY stuff?

Disclaimer: I understand that the BP doesn't have any duties. I'm just curious how bridezillas that think assigning duties are okay would deal with these situations.
  • Jax43615 said:

I think if a baby is happy, it's pretty easy to tell. Well, ok, it is easy to tell if they are enjoying something or simply don't mind what is going on. Likewise, if that baby didn't enjoy being walked down the aisle, then I think it's safe to assume that would be apparent through facial expressions, body language, and whether or not the child was crying/whining/etc.

Your logic has no place here!  

• emmaaa said:
    The main issue was Jen challenging a commenter, "How do you know he [infant being pulled in wagon during processional] was happy?" or something. 

You may think this is a happy, go lucky baby flower girl, but you would be wrong.  This baby is actually super pissed and, if she could, would be giving your wedding the bird.
    Dammit. It takes so long for kids to develop that fine motor control!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • emmaaa said:
    The main issue was Jen challenging a commenter, "How do you know he [infant being pulled in wagon during processional] was happy?" or something. 

You may think this is a happy, go lucky baby flower girl, but you would be wrong.  This baby is actually super pissed and, if she could, would be giving your wedding the bird.
    I was not.
  • Jen4948 said:
    emmaaa said:

I was not.
    You were, actually. You said, "How do you know "he loved it" ?  Can you read babies' minds? Maybe he didn't" Hamstermom went on to elaborate the baby was smiling and waving and she therefore inferred he was having a good time. Then the rest of the clusterfuck of this thread happened. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ^^She speaks the truth.
  • It's pretty clear from many previous threads that Jen#s doesn't think little kids should be in weddings. Also, if kids are going to be in/at the wedding, they better be staying for the whole thing so you can properly host the shit out of them. And many other weird wedding/kid things.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards