Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Things

Re: Thursday Things

• @jenjen047 I have an office, so it's totally private. I can close my door whenever, and my computers face the wall, so no one walking by can see what I'm doing. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @jenjen047 - Like @eilis1228, I have an office.  I like to reward myself by taking breaks when I come to the end of a project, so I'll write a lecture or read a couple chapters or grade a few papers and then check TK, FB, my email, etc.  The only time I get worried is if my students are watching a film and I'm on TK while they're doing it!
  • @jenjen047 I used to have an office where my computer screen faced away from the door, then they moved me over to this hell-hole. The only time someone questioned me was a gif popped up and co-worker asked if I was watching a soap opera (it was @swazzle's old JLaw sig gif) so I just disabled signatures on my account and scroll fast.

My job is a lot of multi-tasking so you can be typing, on the phone, browsing the internet, etc. I keep NEY and any other personal websites on one browser and work websites on another. I'm also a pro at ALT + Tab.

As I typed this my boss just walked over....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @jenjen047 My bf has his real estate license, he currently sells timeshares on the weekends and that is the only thing he uses his license for. When he first got his license he only did it part time.  If you really want to do it, I say take the courses and get your license! The beauty is that you can do it on your own schedule and part time, while keeping your salary job. There are also a lot of agencies that have base salary plus commission.  

Spending time on NEY --  my desk is out in the open, but I'm pretty much left alone all day. I have two monitors so I'll usually have NEY up on one screen with my email, and anything I'm working on the other screen.  
  • @speakeasy14 my computer/screens are same!
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @beanbot2002 - Awww, thank you.  I miss you around these parts.  I'm sorry work doesn't let you play more.  

@jenjen047 - Thank you, lady!  As to Knotting - I also have an office thankfully. 
  • @beanbot2002 I miss you so much around here! Also you are not one of the diary writers!!!

@jenjen047 I'm naughty. My screen is pretty visible so I keep it angled so someone can't walk up next to my desk and see what's on my screen. When I WFH (which I try to do as frequently as possible) I knot from my personal computer and do work on my work computer.

• jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @speakeasy14 @mskittydanger @beanbot2002 - I have 2 screens also and keep Firefox open on 1 (usually on my Gmail with TK, Facebook , whatever else NWR stuff in another tab) and my actual work stuff on my main screen. I just know that when people walk by and see a page with a bunch of gifs on it, it's probably pretty obvious that it's NWR.

@swazzle @minskat30 @eilis1228 @futuremrshistorian - Jealous of your offices, for so many reasons. Like when I need to make a NWR phone call and I have to find an empty conference room just so I can schedule a haircut or something.
  • @twodimes - Sounds like my situation. I try to knot only when no one is around, but I get caught. Oops.
  • jenjen047 said:
    @cu97tiger - WTG donating blood! I feel like we've had this conversation before, but I'm really concerned about the blood supply since I feel like most regular donors are older. I don't really know anyone under age 50 that donates on a regular basis and it makes me sad.

Thanks... I have no idea why I feel so passionately about it, but since it's only about 24 hours of discomfort for me, and it might help someone, it's the least I can do. I usually give every 10 weeks on the dot. 

@jenjen047 - I have a cubicle but my screens face the window, so I have whatever I want up and just quickly 'minimize' if I think someone might come around to my side of the desk.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Writing my midterm... essay is about sexual harassment.  I may be KUI later. 
  • @cu97tiger - I feel the same way about donating blood and also go ever 56 days (that's the waiting time in MA). I haven't donated since March because I was in Mexico last March and they make you wait a year after being  in Mexico. But as soon as next March rolls around I'll be back!
  • @speakeasy14 - Well if you're still KUI at about 8:00 PST, I will meet you here! But somehow, I doubt it. :(

• @AlPacina I've got a migraine so if I drink, it'll be on your time :)
  • I'm drinking alone.....boo

Anniversary

• I'll drink in spirit with you - better not throw booze on top of whatever-this-is, but I want beer.
  • I'm here! Anyone? Bueler?

• On mobile, I need a rafiki it is time gif
  • Me two hours ago:

And me now:
    Should be one fucking HELLUVA TIME! ;)

• @speakeasy14- How is the paper going? Are you doing okay?

• Blegh that paper was miserable, but it's done. Now I'm good, I've got rum and iced tea.
  • I'm only just starting to enjoy rum. I haven't tried it with iced tea! I love mojitos, though. Omg mojitos! (See previous Emma Stone gif)

• jenjen047 said:
    @cu97tiger - I feel the same way about donating blood and also go ever 56 days (that's the waiting time in MA). I haven't donated since March because I was in Mexico last March and they make you wait a year after being  in Mexico. But as soon as next March rolls around I'll be back!
    Where in Mexico were you? I was in Mexico in March and they did not make me wait a year. Hopefully you didn't get bad information!

• cu97tiger said:
    jenjen047 said:
    @cu97tiger - I feel the same way about donating blood and also go ever 56 days (that's the waiting time in MA). I haven't donated since March because I was in Mexico last March and they make you wait a year after being  in Mexico. But as soon as next March rolls around I'll be back!
    Where in Mexico were you? I was in Mexico in March and they did not make me wait a year. Hopefully you didn't get bad information!
    I'm guessing it depends on the area. If I had stayed in the main cities in South Korea I would have been fine to donate, but because I visited the DMZ I wasn't allowed to give blood for a year.

• AlPacina said:
    cu97tiger said:
    jenjen047 said:
    I'm guessing it depends on the area. If I had stayed in the main cities in South Korea I would have been fine to donate, but because I visited the DMZ I wasn't allowed to give blood for a year.
    Yes, that is true for some countries (it happened to me when I went to Belize), but they did not ask me where in Mexico I went, so I'm surprised that @jenjen047 has to sit out a year.

• @cu97tiger @AlPacina @jenjen047 I don't give blood anymore because I pass out every time, but when I was giving regularly I'd get refused half the time because I had lived in Germany for a few years. It was SO frustrating. I was like...it's been 20 years since I lived there, how does it matter??? But still some intake people would say no. They don't seem to be very consistent from my experience.

• About blood donation - I always get nixed too because we go to India so often.  
  • I can't donate blood for a year because I got a tattoo in Massachusetts, apparently :(

• @cu97tiger - I was in Puerto Vallarta. When I was in Cozumel in 2012 they told me I had to wait a year after being in Mexico, so since I was in PV this year I haven't even bothered to try since my trip. If that was bad information I'm going to be pissed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards