Wedding 911

HELP my future sister-in-law will be in her third trimester at our wedding!

124»

Re: HELP my future sister-in-law will be in her third trimester at our wedding!

• Dafuq did I just read.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I saw the post where you wanted to do something nice for her. Like another poster said, since she's been in the hospital already, be prepared she may be on bed rest at the time of your wedding & not able to join you. But in preparation that she will be, if you are going for mani/pedi's the week of your wedding, you can always ask her if she would like to come along. At that point of her pregnancy she may not be able to reach her toes and it could be some very welcomed pampering.  Also if you are getting your hair done professionaly, talk to who is doing your hair & find out if it's possible to add her to the list of people to get their hair done. But find out what their cancellation policy should she not be able to attend. And the last thing, Dr. Scholls sells these cute basically fold up slippers that come in a little carrying pouch. I've even seen them in a few party supply stores. Tell your brother that if her feet start hurting from her shoes, to let you know. Or give them to your mom to hold onto & then mom can hand them to her if she notices that she could use them.  Worst thing that happens with those is if you keep them, you've got emergency shoes for when you go to events. And if she is able to attend, try to do any photos that she and brother would need to be in first, so that way, when those are done, they can leave & she can take a break if she needs to. And if it's possible, try to sit them in a way where they are still with family but she can have easy access to the bathroom if she needs to go. I hear some women have to pee a lot towards the end of their pregnancy. With these little. Good luck & congrats on your new nephew or niece.
  • Ok, I'm obviously a little late to this but I couldn't help but put my two cents in (as everyone else has). I think y'all are all blowing this way out of porportion. The girl just asked for some advice not judgement! Isn't that what these boards are all about?? If you have nothing nice to say, then don't answer the question! Obviously, you all got offended because she wants to go the extra mile to help out her pregnant SIL. So what?!?! The question wasn't "Should I?"
    With that said, I agree with @Erikan73. You can only do so much to make her comfortable. Everything else is out of your hands and you just need to enjoy your day. 
  • khaas0210 said:

Ok, I'm obviously a little late to this but I couldn't help but put my two cents in (as everyone else has). I think y'all are all blowing this way out of porportion. The girl just asked for some advice not judgement! Isn't that what these boards are all about?? If you have nothing nice to say, then don't answer the question! Obviously, you all got offended because she wants to go the extra mile to help out her pregnant SIL. So what?!?! The question wasn't "Should I?"

With that said, I agree with @Erikan73. You can only do so much to make her comfortable. Everything else is out of your hands and you just need to enjoy your day. 
    That is not at all what happened. You should read more thoroughly.
  • khaas0210 said:

Ok, I'm obviously a little late to this but I couldn't help but put my two cents in (as everyone else has). I think y'all are all blowing this way out of porportion. The girl just asked for some advice not judgement! Isn't that what these boards are all about?? If you have nothing nice to say, then don't answer the question! Obviously, you all got offended because she wants to go the extra mile to help out her pregnant SIL. So what?!?! The question wasn't "Should I?"

She did get advice.  That advice was to stop trying to force an unwanted gift on her FSIL.  The OP not liking the advice given doesn't make it bad advice.

And sometimes the best advice is the one not asked for.  Example, if I were to say that I wanted to rob a bank but wanted advice as to what weapon to use to hold up the teller, the best advice would be to not rob a bank, even though I didn't ask if I should do it or not.

• khaas0210 said:

What the hell? Nobody got offended that she wanted to go the extra mile. We actually told her the EXACT same thing as your second paragraph, that if she's already offered and been turned down, it's out of her hands and she should let it go.

• I think, I mean maybe I'm a farmer's daughter, who knows...but I do think it's appropriate to go above and beyond for sister- and brother-in-laws on the day of the wedding. If the brother-in-law gets the nice room at the inn on our tab, why is it out of the question to try to think of something for the sister-in-law that also focuses on making her day more relaxing?? It's not as though someone will be following her around on the day of, but for any DW I think it's 100% appropriate to go a bit further for guests' comfort, particularly those who are close. You literally are in-flipping-sane and clearly based on the amount of posts you have on here, see more benefit with sad attempts to tear people down online than spending time with whatever family has the energy to deal with you. 

As someone who's been pregnant and had many pregnant friends, first things first: when the pregnant lady tells you to back off, back the hell off. If she doesn't want your "gift" don't force it on her. Make sure she has a place to sit and plenty of water. The end. Just as a heads up, if she is 6-7 months along, she probably has lots of energy and is feeling great, you treating her like an invalid will not help your relationship with her.
  • edited October 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards