Not Engaged Yet

Thankful Thursday

2»

Re: Thankful Thursday

• minskat30 said:
    @labro - Raj doesn't do the frog leg...his back hips have started to give him some issues (we actually are taking him to the vet today because of it).  BUT here is his best "where did one of my limbs go" look.  He loves this position.  

@eilis1228 - I'm so happy for you that you are GETTING MARRIED!  I'm very sorry about your grandmother but 63 years of marriage is amazing.  What a great example to set for your marriage.  
    @minskat30 - Violet doesn't frogleg either, and I've actually read that NOT froglegging is an indication that they could have hip issues as they get older. Apparently froglegs shows that they have more mobile hips, which helps them as they age. Vi just turned eight, and she's already getting a little stiff going up & down the stairs. We started her on senior food, and give her joint-specific vitamins to try to help her out a little bit. 

Also, I just want to bury my face in Raj's fur and snuggle him. <3
    I'm sorry Vi is stiff too.  Raj is 5 1/2 and for the last month or two he's been struggling to get up from the wood floors (but won't lay down on the carpet?).  Time for a joint vitamin and likely some meds.  I'm just hoping the prognosis is ok at the vet today.  I knew hips would be the first issue we would have with him (and thankfully I have insurance for him that covers hip dysplasia).  I already give him massages in the evening (which I think H is jealous of...lol).  Anything I can do for my baby, I will.  

Also, I bury myself in Raj's fur on a daily basis while kissing his freckled nose.  There is nothing better in life.  You are welcome to come to Milwaukee any day of the week for the experience.  ;)
  • minskat30 said:
    minskat30 said:
    @labro - Raj doesn't do the frog leg...his back hips have started to give him some issues (we actually are taking him to the vet today because of it).  BUT here is his best "where did one of my limbs go" look.  He loves this position.  

@eilis1228 - I'm so happy for you that you are GETTING MARRIED!  I'm very sorry about your grandmother but 63 years of marriage is amazing.  What a great example to set for your marriage.  
    @minskat30 - Violet doesn't frogleg either, and I've actually read that NOT froglegging is an indication that they could have hip issues as they get older. Apparently froglegs shows that they have more mobile hips, which helps them as they age. Vi just turned eight, and she's already getting a little stiff going up & down the stairs. We started her on senior food, and give her joint-specific vitamins to try to help her out a little bit. 

I'm sorry Vi is stiff too.  Raj is 5 1/2 and for the last month or two he's been struggling to get up from the wood floors (but won't lay down on the carpet?).  Time for a joint vitamin and likely some meds.  I'm just hoping the prognosis is ok at the vet today.  I knew hips would be the first issue we would have with him (and thankfully I have insurance for him that covers hip dysplasia).  I already give him massages in the evening (which I think H is jealous of...lol).  Anything I can do for my baby, I will.  

Also, I bury myself in Raj's fur on a daily basis while kissing his freckled nose.  There is nothing better in life.  You are welcome to come to Milwaukee any day of the week for the experience.  ;)
    I hope he's okay!! Keep us posted. And give him some extra snuggles for me. I might have to make a special trip to Milwaukee JUST for freckled nose furry Raj snuggles. But getting to meet you would be awesome too ;) 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• TwoDimes said:

minskat30 said:

minskat30 said:

I hope he's okay!! Keep us posted. And give him some extra snuggles for me. I might have to make a special trip to Milwaukee JUST for freckled nose furry Raj snuggles. But getting to meet you would be awesome too ;) 

Ummm can Raj join us on the Chicago G2G? PLEASE?

Ha! He'd love the snuggles from all of you but they don't really allow dogs his size in bars or hotels in Chicago. :( I'll see what I can do though. ;)
  • I'm jealous of all the puppies in your lives! I NEED A DOG DAMMIT! Why can't D just agree that I am a better human when there is a dog in my life? Waaaaaaaaaaaah!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• TwoDimes said:
    Random: I'm thankful I decided to try watching the new ABC show Quantico. SO GOOD and so addicting. New favorite show!
    I'M OBSESSED!!!! I can't wait to see where it goes.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• TwoDimes said:
    Random: I'm thankful I decided to try watching the new ABC show Quantico. SO GOOD and so addicting. New favorite show!
    I'M OBSESSED!!!! I can't wait to see where it goes.
    I've only seen the 1st episode but I really liked it! I need to catch up. 

• @swazzle, @lasak, @goldenpenguin, have fun at @beanbot2002's shower and bachelorette party!

@buddysmom80, supper sounds good!

@labro, you know that because I POAS this morning, it's going to show up today or tomorrow...

@wink0erin, good luck with your friend. The best thing is to be there for her, so I'm glad you are.
    ---
    Stupid close to done with the throw! I'm going to run out of yarn tonight, so I can set it aside and work on other projects. Tonight is football - my brother is a Falcons fan, so he'll be following for sure.
  • @AlPacina Must've been my poop bomb. ;)

• I haven't done squat today because I realized my "ton of work" is much more manageable than I thought. Instead I have been looking up patterns to make a crocheted blanket poncho/wrap type deal. I'm ready for my post work beer.

• Vet visit was not the best news.  The vet did some blood work (they might need to start Raj on steroids so they need to make sure he is ok for that and they want to rule out some other issues too).  The vet really wanted to get x-rays of Rajah's hips and knees.  Raj was too stressed to do it today (the vet and vet tech couldn't get him on his back to do the hip x-ray at all).  He'll need to be sedated to do the x-rays so he's going back on Monday for it.  I was a giant mess today post-vet and Raj is limping (I think they pulled too hard on his leg when he was struggling with the x-rays).  If you don't mind, please keep Raj in your thoughts and prayers that its something manageable with meds...vet is hopeful its just arthritis but admitted that would be a little off for a dog of 5 years and can't tell without the x-rays.    
  • @minskat30, you and Raj are in my thoughts!
  • @minskat30 - Oh no! Poor Raj. The vet is stressful for them, but that sucks he has to be sedated. Give him some extra scratches from me. Sending your family my strongest wishes of health!

• @KeptInStitches and @AlPacina - thank you. It absolutely kills me seeing Raj struggle to get up and move around. We tried a doggy water bed but no-go from him. I just hope it's something simple and we can get some meds to help him out.
  • @minskat30 fingers crossed Raj is ok and it's nothing serious
  • Thanks, ladies.  His gait is slightly better this morning but he's still heavily favoring one back leg and tip toe'ing on the other.  If the blood work comes back ok, I'm going to the vet this afternoon to at least pick up some heaver strength glucosamine supplements and get him started on that before we do the x-rays next week.  I'd prefer to hold off on steroids until he's a little older if I can but what the vet says he needs, he'll get.  

If anyone has done Physical Therapy with their dogs and has any tips, please let me know.  We are going to get Raj set up with a PT appointment after the x-rays come back (depending on what they say) so I can learn how to better help him out.  
  • @minskat30 Poor Raj!! I hope the glucosamine helps and you can avoid any extra measures for now!

• edited October 2015
    Aww poor Raj :( I hope it's nothing serious @minskat30, thinking of you guys

• Mr frog legs, waiting by the door. This is today.

• @TwoDimes - Marvin (Marv) is pit, collie and lab. He jabs his nose into everything, jumps on everyone, and lets me lift him up on my feet and play airplane with him. He's typically not so smart, but can be miraculously resourceful when food is involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards