Wedding Reception Forum

Venue with Glass elevator introduction in NY/NJ/CT?

I really need help finding a venue in the Tri-State ( NY/NJ/CT) that has glass elevator to introduce the new couple in the center of the ballroom/hall.  The only ones I know of are Russo's on the Bay and Villa Barone.  Does anyone know of any others? 

Re: Venue with Glass elevator introduction in NY/NJ/CT?

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    This is an international board, you will get move traffic from the local boards.

Would you like me to move this for me?

ETA - I had no idea this was even a thing.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I really need help finding a venue in the Tri-State ( NY/NJ/CT) that has glass elevator to introduce the new couple in the center of the ballroom/hall.  The only ones I know of are Russo's on the Bay and Villa Barone.  Does anyone know of any others? 
    What does that even mean?

• Viczaesar said:
    I really need help finding a venue in the Tri-State ( NY/NJ/CT) that has glass elevator to introduce the new couple in the center of the ballroom/hall.  The only ones I know of are Russo's on the Bay and Villa Barone.  Does anyone know of any others? 
    they have a glass elevator that pops up from the dance floor.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • There used to be one in the Equitable Life building. Don't know if it's still there. Must be at least 10 years since I saw it.
  • lyndausvi said:
    This is an international board, you will get move traffic from the local boards.

Would you like me to move this for me?

ETA - I had no idea this was even a thing.

I posted it on a local board before this, but there wasn't much traffic on that board.  The picture I posted is an example of the elevator and I want it because it is so rare to see at a wedding.

• Viczaesar said:

This is what that means.

• That's definitely rare.

• I really need help finding a venue in the Tri-State ( NY/NJ/CT) that has glass elevator to introduce the new couple in the center of the ballroom/hall.  The only ones I know of are Russo's on the Bay and Villa Barone.  Does anyone know of any others? 
    I agree with PPs - this is very rare. It sounds like you have found two venues in the tri-state area that have this feature. If they are in your budget, I recommend you book one of them.
  • I just don't want to do them there because I know couples that were married at these venues and don't want to do the same venue as them.  I want to have my own.
  • I just don't want to do them there because I know couples that were married at these venues and don't want to do the same venue as them.  I want to have my own.
    Well then look at venues that don't have the rare elevator you want. Your really narrowing your options with that mindset OP. 
    So, you want the same thing as them but not in the same place as them?  Either you want the elevator or you want a new venue.  I have a feeling you're going to have to decide what is more important to you.
  • I definitely want the elevator
  • I'm kind of being a little "Bridezilla" right now and want what I want lol.  I'm sure my family will trek to wherever I have it and I've always wanted that glass elevator  .....So that's the one thing I HAVE to have!!!

lyndausvi said:
    justsie said:
    I definitely want the elevator
    The choose one of the locations with the elevator and leave the expectiation that you will not get married somewhere someone else already did behind. 
    Yep.

Where are you and most of your guests from?  Seems silly to make all of your guests drive all the way to CT or NJ if your family is from Long Island just to get a 30 second intro in glass elevator coming up from the dance floor. 

• The elevator thing is so overdone. 

I don't know - maybe the Brownstone? Just try googling venues and then call and ask. 

• kaos16 said:
    Really, the only thing that makes sense is to build your own venue.  That way you can have your elevator, and no other bride will have used it yet!

I don't know - maybe the Brownstone? Just try googling venues and then call and ask. 

That is what I initially did and called sooo many venues and got nowhere. I only knew of the other two places because I attended weddings there. That's why I decided to ask on this board to save some time and frustration.

That is what I initially did and called sooo many venues and got nowhere. I only knew of the other two places because I attended weddings there. That's why I decided to ask on this board to save some time and frustration.

Did you have a comment?  Or are you just quoting comments you like?
  • I googled " "glass elevator" nj wedding" and came up with this:

"Two gorgeous spiral staircases encase an all-glass elevator which opens to the ballroom."

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but worth a look.

But maybe if your friends have already done glass elevators and you're really concerned about being different, you should do some research on other alternative entrance ideas? It sounds like this one's rarely available, and you may have to pick whether it's more important to you to have the entrance or to be somewhere different than your friends.
  • Soon2BMrsLMSoon2BMrsLM member
    First Comment
    edited October 2015
  • F.Y.I Many venues do not have these elevators because they are very expensive to install and it sends their insurance rates through the roof.  Secondly, I'm not to familiar with 80's music videos and even if it is SO WHAT!!! it's what I want.

banana468 said:
    Am I the only one thinking that the reason more venues don't have elevators coming out of the floor is because they're dated looking? I feel like that could be something out of an 80's music video.

• Unfortunately,  I do not have time to go back and forth with you.  If you don't have a venue to suggest to me then this conversation is over.  Have a good day and enjoy all the time you have on your hands.
    banana468 said:
    F.Y.I Many venues do not have these elevators because they are very expensive to install and it sends their insurance rates through the roof.  Secondly, I'm not to familiar with 80's music videos and even if it is SO WHAT!!! it's what I want.

banana468 said:
    Am I the only one thinking that the reason more venues don't have elevators coming out of the floor is because they're dated looking? I feel like that could be something out of an 80's music video.

I want to make sure I understand this correctly: you'd rather ask your guests to drive all over the trip state area because you feel that it's more important to make a grand entrance coming out of the floor (something that takes 60 seconds tops) rather than use a local venue that is more convenient for your guests that actually HAS what you want because not only do you think you should get what you want when you want it but you should also get what no one you know has ever had? Am I really understanding that your guests comfort and convenience is getting thrown under the bus in the name of your wedding vision and need to be unique?? And I have to laugh at not knowing 80's music videos. I guarantee that your guests will.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards