Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• It shipped! It's going to be late, but oh well - it should be here Wednesday. I'm getting the Kendahl Skirt, the Blanco Ruffle Hem Top, the Preslie Etched Bib Necklace, the McQue Solid Lace Sleeve Blouse, and the Alan French Terry Asymmetrical Zip Cardigan.
  • PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @keptinstitches this is me impatiently waiting for pics of your fix arriving today!

• @pambeesly524, keep waiting. It showed up yesterday ... you ever have a fix where you pull things out of the box, put them on, and your H keeps laughing at you? Yeah. This would have been a fantastic box for someone, but not for me. He kept saying "no pictures, I'm sparing you." Oh well. I kept the necklace and I'll get a picture of that later today, but everything else was not good.
  • @keptinstitches oh nooo! What a disappointment, I'm sorry :(
  • @KeptInStitches - Can you tell us what the names of the pieces were or take pictures of them not on you? I like to see/hear about what other people get so I can either request them or know what things I don't like about their items. 

I got a Fix on Friday but I look ridiculous in the pictures @GoldenPenguin took (I had on yoga pants and a sports bra because we were about to hit the road for VA). I only kept 1 thing and checked out already but I haven't sent the rest back so I'll take pics tonight to post tomorrow! 

• @swazzle, I'll post pics of the cards and more details on the items tonight after my exam.
  • PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    edited October 2015
    It shipped! It's going to be late, but oh well - it should be here Wednesday. I'm getting the Kendahl Skirt, the Blanco Ruffle Hem Top, the Preslie Etched Bib Necklace, the McQue Solid Lace Sleeve Blouse, and the Alan French Terry Asymmetrical Zip Cardigan.
    @swazzle @twodimes here's what she got.. I'd love to know the colors though!

Edited to say: I totally agree with loving to see what you guys get so I know what to ask for in my future fixes... and also, ya'll convinced me NOT to get that blazer in my last box which I appreciate.

Also can I just say that I love when you guys give suggestions for where to get similar things elsewhere? Most of the time the suggestions are better/cheaper!
  • Thanks, @PamBeesly524

Hmmm I just pulled them all up and I'm so curious to know what you didn't like about everything, @KeptInStitches

The skirt is adorable in the pictures I found! I couldn't find the Blanco Ruffle Hem Top but (I think) I found something similar and I love it. I also absolutely LOVE the McQue Solid Lace Sleeve Blouse. I received the Alan French Terry Asymmetrical Zip Cardigan in a past Fix and it didn't look good on me at all. 

• Just saw my box shipped yesterday, not too excited for the leggings or the $30 fringe necklace (?) but we will see!
  • justsie said:
    Just saw my box shipped yesterday, not too excited for the leggings or the $30 fringe necklace (?) but we will see!
    I think I said this here before but I checked that I don't want any jewelry. I find it all to be really over priced. 

• @TwoDimes - I loooooooove the cardigan, blouse, and top! I've never tried Emers but it seems you either love them or you hate them. I can't find the dress but every Gilli dress I've received, I've loved. 

• @swazzle LOVE love LOVE the dress! I don't know what it looks like in black and blue but I love this one... I think the first sweater looks like in theory but I agree, it doesn't look right now. Pointelle sweater = no, i don't like holes like that. Bummer about the first dress and I kinda wanna snuggle up in that dolman... looks comfy! I might request one for my next fix, looks like a good office shirt.
  • TwoDimes said:
    @swazzle,I think the pointelle sweater is actually really cute, and you could always wear a cami underneath for the open holes, but I agree it doesn't seem worth the price. That dress though. LOVE! It's so pretty on you!
    agree!

• @swazzle LOVE love LOVE the dress! I don't know what it looks like in black and blue but I love this one... I think the first sweater looks like in theory but I agree, it doesn't look right now. Pointelle sweater = no, i don't like holes like that. Bummer about the first dress and I kinda wanna snuggle up in that dolman... looks comfy! I might request one for my next fix, looks like a good office shirt.

• Swazzle said:
    @swazzle LOVE love LOVE the dress! I don't know what it looks like in black and blue but I love this one... I think the first sweater looks like in theory but I agree, it doesn't look right now. Pointelle sweater = no, i don't like holes like that. Bummer about the first dress and I kinda wanna snuggle up in that dolman... looks comfy! I might request one for my next fix, looks like a good office shirt.
    Nope, love the one you got more!
  • Geez, is this really the first time I've sat down? Anyway, StitchFix #3. I don't have my invoice on me, but I do remember the price of the necklace I kept and the approximate price of one of the tops.

Preslie Etched Bib Necklace ($34, kept) - I usually wear silver, but I can see the merit of having an all-gold necklace for my work rotation. I like the pattern, and I've already worn it twice (yesterday and today). Normally I'd consider this overpriced, but with the $20 styling fee being sunk cost in my mind ... it was worth it.

Alan French Terry Asymmetrical Zip Cardigan (returned) - This was really super-awkward on me. The hem was uneven (couldn't even call it high-low), the front was weird zipped and unzipped, and the neckline was weird when it was zipped. It just looked really awkward, and I had trouble getting it zipped because I couldn't see exactly what was going on with all the fabric layers. I did like the color, though.

Kendahl Skirt (returned) - It was a tiny bit tight, but I haven't been really eating as well as I possibly could. If it had been a different pattern (the really cute blue with polka dots that showed up in GIS), I would have "behaved" back down into it. As it is ... this pattern is way too busy for my closet. It made my eyes cross - too much going on in too little space.

McQue Solid Lace Sleeve Blouse (returned) - Oh so close! So very close! But it's sheer and I'm over the sheer top trend. I know I could wear a cami, but I also know me - I wouldn't pull it out of my closet if I had to do more layers (it's good to know your limits).

Blanco Ruffle Hem Top (~$55, returned) - Um ... I'm not bohemian chic. My stylist said this would be part of "a cute bohemian chic look." On me, there was a lot of excess fabric from my chest down. I know that not everything has to be skin-tight, but this was unflattering for my figure. On top of it, the colors were really bad for my skin tones.

• edited October 2015
    @keptinstitches Ugh that sucks that the Mcque lace top is sheer. I thought you were going to like it when you posted the names before and I googled them. It's so hard to find non sheer tops!
    I love the ruffle hem top from the picture but I like "bohemian" chic. 

• @Keptinstiches, I agree with all of your choices, I wish that white sweater that was pictured with your skirt came in your box, that looks very cute.... If I had gotten your necklace over mine I would have kept the accessory. 

Here is my box, I'm not to thrilled this month....

Bari V-Neck Knit Top ($48) and Kristin Fleece Legging ($38)

I'm thinking of keeping the top, but I already have a pair of leggings that are black that I don't wear, I don't need to add another to the collection. Yes, the top has sheer bits and I'm wearing a black bra, sorry ladies I was not in the mood to throw on a cami :)

Margerie Stripe & Dot Open Cardigan ($68)

I'm on the fence about this one, I like it, its soft and comfortable and I enjoy using cardigans to spice up an outfit that would otherwise be plain. I wear a cardigan almost everyday all day at work since I work in a hospital, so it would get use. What do you ladies think?

Delamo V Fringe Necklace ($28) and Renesme Graphic Print Faux Wrap Dress ($78)

The necklace is a hell no. I'm also on the fence about this dress, I don't own many dresses but I subscribed to this box to start pulling myself a bit out of my comfort zone when it comes to clothing so getting it would do just that. I could wear it to work if I layered it with a cami, and I know FI would like it without for date night.

• @justsie - I LOVE the cardigan and that dress looks amazing on you! 

• @justsie, I also love the cardigan and the dress!
  • @TwoDimes - The first top (that you're keeping) is a little hard to see but I like it! I actually really love the white blouse but it's very much my style so I'm probably biased. I think the Emers are supposed to be ankle length. The cardigan sleeves are really weird. Is it trying to be dolman-ish? You look like a bat! I absolutely LOVE that dress on you but it looks black/red to me from the pic and I can't quite see the collar. I don't like orange so I would return it for that reason alone. 

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    edited October 2015
    @justsie love the dress! It gives you a perfect hourglass shape

@twodimes I really like the white top. I don't get that sweater at all.  It is skinny yet cocoon? 
  • @TwoDimes yeah that sweater is really weird. I like the blouse too but not for the price. The dress doesn't look bad from this pic but of course we can't see the true color and I can't see the collar. I wouldn't want a collar on my dresses either :/

• I signed up for SF, but it is not scheduled until 11-12.  WAH.
  • Thank you ladies for the feedback! I'll be keeping both the items I was on the fence about, I'm not usually confident about my body (left overs from an eating disorder years ago) so sometimes other opinions help me see it for what it is, I appreciate that!

@TwoDimes I really like your first sweater, it looks great on you. I agree with others that I also like the white top, but I'm a sucker for tops like that one. I wonder how judge-y the stylist would be if I asked for work pants with an elastic waistband.....? hahahah!

@cocoBellaF are you going to update us when you get it?
  • Oh wow, I am not sure how to make this not sideways. Sawryyyyy!
  • @CLoGreenEyes I LOVE that cardigan. How much is the scarf? They sent me one that was around $50 and I just laughed. I don't understand why fridge is supposed to be coming back, I'm not a fan. I agree with sending the olive top back, you deserve better :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards