Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday

Whoever decided on the spelling for today was definitely drunk. I bet it was the same person who spelled February. 

Anyways, H and I went to the Devils game last night (they lost). Wet met friends beforehand and had a couple drinks which was much appreciated because I had a somewhat shitty day at work. We had fancy suite seats for last night's game and we got free cookies and ice cream! It was a terrific dinner. 

Tonight, I'm running to the thrift store to see if there's anything for H's and my Halloween costumes. Then I'll head home to cook dinner (HC Hoisin-Glazed Salmon with Radish-Cucumber Orange Salad), eat dinner, watch a little TV, and head to bed. 

What are you wearing today? 
Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? 
What's the last movie you saw in the theater? 
Are you dressing up for Halloween? 
What's your favorite candy?

Re: Wednesday

• Well, I feel like a wet rat this morning!  I left for work and a thunderstorm came out of nowhere.  It was so windy, too.  An umbrella was completely useless.

Today is my massage, YAY!!!

What are you wearing today?  Dark blue drawstring-waist dress with a design on the bottom (red, white, green, yellos abstract flowers) and a dark green thick open cardi.  Flats, should have worn boots.

Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? Yes!  The shoes I'm wearing.  imageLINK to shoes

What's the last movie you saw in the theater?  I don't even remember.

Are you dressing up for Halloween?  Nope.

What's your favorite candy?  Snickers and KitKats.
  • @swazzle I'm glad you had fun last night, especially after a crappy day at work! I would love a suite with just free cookies and ice cream, so you had the best day ever yesterday!

Last night, H and I got home at the same time so we went to the gym, we got home and decided instead of Subway to get Popeye's. I feel so bad eating it, but I tracked everything on MFP so at least I'm accountable! After dinner I went to bed early and I slept so well.

Tonight it's more gym (week 1, day 3 of C25K) then HC Italian pork chops!

I'm so exciting....

What are you wearing today? My work uniform...

Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? I love my Toms for every day running around, but my favorite favorite shoes are my wedding shoes.

What's the last movie you saw in the theater? Trainwreck. I might go see the new Bradley Cooper movie Saturday night though.

Are you dressing up for Halloween? No.

What's your favorite candy? What isn't my favorite candy?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

Double post.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Morning!
    My day was sucky yesterday. It was a loooong work day and the gossip mill was turning.. I didn't get to tell ANY of my coworkers about leaving, which I thought would be a respectful thing to do. My boss told another supervisor who is a known gossip and she told EVERYONE. I am super pissed and feel crappy about it. I really don't want them to tell any customers... some of those people I am close to and see around and I don't want to be put into ANOTHER awkward position. Today it's back to the same old thing.

My work clothes. Black pants, black shoes, black polo shirt.

I just bought my first pair of Nike sneakers EVER which are just plain white... not running shoes or anything. I realized I don't have any actual casual sneakers that aren't athletic shoes so I love these. I also have a pair of "riding" boots I bought at forever 21 a few years ago that I live in in the fall. I have to get new ones because these were cheap, they kill my feet, and the heel is wearing down. But I love them.

Inside Out?

I want to but I'm not working and don't know anyone having a party so I probably won't :(

Snickers and any sour candy! I love those sour punch straws. My mouth waters just thinking about them.
  • Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    I've been MIA for a few weeks but I want to try posting regularly, I want to play! We've been busy this past month getting ready for baby. Working on some house projects, deep cleaning/organizing, starting to get the nursery ready. Husband got a new car (he had a truck which wouldn't work with a carseat). Yesterday we signed up for Life Insurance. Hate to think about that stuff but it feels good to know we've taken care of.

What are you wearing today? Blue and white stripped maternity dress, white sweater, grey leggings and brown knee high boots. I feel cute minus the fact that I didn't do my hair today.

Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? I have a black pair of leather vera wang heels from kohls that are my go-to dressy outfit shoes, they are pretty comfy for heels.

What's the last movie you saw in the theater? Jurrassic Worls, which I just saw is out on video now, so it's been a little while.

Are you dressing up for Halloween? I didn;t get to wear my Halloween costume last year because I was sick and I'm going to my brothers Halloween party this weekend. I'm going to be Little red riding hood ala Once

What's your favorite candy? That's a tough one. I say it changes depending on my mood. I like Almond Joy, Twix, Reese's. If I'm feeling decadent ghirardelli dark chocolate and raspberry squares.

• minskat30minskat30 member
    edited October 2015
    Morning! 

@swazzle - Any ideas on your costume for Halloween?  The suite sounds like fun!  ETA - Just saw your post on being park rangers...I want a picture of that with Lucy please!

@cocobellaf - Enjoy the massage!

--------------------
    I've got a full day at work.  Talking about Raj with you all helped yesterday.  I also talked to people on another fourm I post on for Great Pyrs.  A few people have had a similar or the same surgery done on their dogs so their experiences were helpful to hear and positive.  Recovery will be rough on him but at least he's likely to be fine once he is recovered.  Surgery will be scheduled for December then.

Other than that, I have a full day at work, a workout planned for lunch with a workout partner here at my job and more packing tonight when I get home.  My suitcase is already full.  Packing for two weeks, especially for India, is a LOT of stuff.  I wear a lot of dresses there, plus my saris (which are HEAVY) so my suitcase is going to be stuffed.

My best friend also sent me flowers for my birthday...its not until Nov 19th but I'll be in India then so she wanted me to have them now.  Made my day that she thought of me, especially since she's traveling internationally right now too.  

-Black dress, black suit coat.

-I have these cute sparkly flats my best friend gave me for my after-picture-wedding-wear.  I love them.

-The new one with Tom Hanks (about the diplomat).  It was ok.

-Maybe...I'm taking the kids trick'or'treating (my niece and nephew) so I might wear a fancy dress, a blond wig and go as Marilyn Monroe.  

-Almond Joy and Reese's Pieces. 
  • Morning!  

Last night I had to ask my professor if I can take my final earlier because the dates he is making it available I'll be out of the country (it's an online exam).  He's going to open it up a few days earlier.  I seriously cannot wait for December.  I'll finally have my masters and then I get to celebrate my new freedom by getting drunk on a beach!

Tonight I'm helping my bf reroute the electric for the kitchen.   Hopefully we can get it done tonight so I can have a kitchen.  The house has been a disaster for a week because he had to rip out the drywall to be able to redo the electric.  

What are you wearing today? Tan-ish dress pants, white and black polka dot top, mustard yellow cardigan, nude ballet flats
    Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? My black bow heels
    What's the last movie you saw in the theater? I have no idea, probably Mockingjay
    Are you dressing up for Halloween? Nope.  
    What's your favorite candy? Chocolate, mostly Reeses
  • @CocoBellaF - It's going to rain here today and I think tomorrow too. Booooooo :( Cute shoes! 

@buddysmom80 - Popeye's is my JAM! What'd you get? I want that SO bad right now. 

@untouchablets - I hope today is better for you. I'm sure your coworkers and customers understand that it's time to move on. 

@minskat30 - We're dressing up as Jurassic Park rangers. I ordered JP badges online which came a few days ago so really, I think we're just going to wing it and buy a bunch of khaki-type stuff. I might just get khaki cargo pants and wear my green jacket with boots and call it a day. That's so sweet and thoughtful of your friend! 

@speakeasy14 - Where are you going? Can I come?

• @Jstump - Oooooh, didn't even think about Ghiradelli.  YUM.  I also love these candy bars that are dark chocolate with orange peel in them.  I get them at Sprouts.  

@minskat30 - Awww, happy early-early birthday!
  • Morning. Last night before heading to bed I started to feel like I was coming down with a cold. Well this morning it truly hit me like a damn train. So I'm sitting in my cubicle with cough drops and Gatorade.

Tonight BF is working a closing shift which means I get the Xbox to myself when I get home so I plan to play a bit of Assassin's Creed Syndicate before my shows at 8. That's the only things on the menu today.

@cocobellaf enjoy the massage

@Swazzle glad you had fun at the game last night.

What are you wearing today? Jeans, thermal and hoodie
    Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? Probably my new pair of high heeled combat boots
    What's the last movie you saw in the theater? Jurassic World
    Are you dressing up for Halloween? Yep. I'm going as Pamela Isley aka Poison Ivy for the office costume costume on Friday and going as Castiel from Supernatural on Halloween
    What's your favorite candy? Reese's Pieces
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

• Thanks @swazzle. I've just been saying "I got a job in my field" to people who ask and get into more detail if they want more. Just kinda wanted to break the news myself, it's a little sudden even though it's good and I don't want anyone to think I'm "jumping ship". Also, my store is already really short staffed so I'm kinda screwing everyone over by leaving.

@speakeasy14 I'm glad your professor is letting you take your test late! That's awesome!

@bethsmiles yeah that's how I feel, I'm kinda walking into the room and they're all thinking the same thing.
  • Last night was pretty uneventful. Caught up on our DVR (finally watched TWD!!) and made bbq chicken. Tonight we have a project manager coming to our house to check on a few issues we have with the floors (after our dishwasher leaked, we filed a claim and have been slowly getting our house put back together but we aren't really happy with the "patch job" the workers did to the carpet in some areas). Hopefully that will get resolved because I want our house back to normal!

@swazzle - Sorry you had a crappy day at work. Hopefully today is better. I love your Halloween outfits!
    @buddysmom80 - I haven't had Popeye's in so long but it's so good!
    @untouchablets - Wow, that's not right. They should have let you be the one to tell everyone. Just think, you are almost out of there!
    @Jstump2 - Hi there! What kind of car did you get?
    @minskat30 - That's so sweet! What a thoughtful friend!

What are you wearing today? Black pants and a lace black top with pink polka dotted shirt underneath.
    Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? For work, my black wedges. For everyday, any of my flip-flops.
    What's the last movie you saw in the theater? Jurassic World - so good!
    Are you dressing up for Halloween? YES! H probably thinks I'm dumb, but we already decorated our house and bought candy to give out so I figured why not? I'm wearing all black and I bought a purple wig and some wings. Throw on a little glitter eye-shadow and voila!---Fairy.
    What's your favorite candy? Resse's, gummy bears, and sour punch straws

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @bethsmiles!!!! Hi!!!! I feel like I haven't seen you on here in forever!!!!!

@swazzle I was a fat ass and had fried fish and shrimp, plus coleslaw and two biscuits. I had a diet sprite so that made it all better...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle - Sorry you had a shitty day at work :( what happened?

@minskat30 - How nice of your friend to acknowledge your birthday early when she knew you'd be gone. I wish I had that kind of organizational skill!

@untouchablets - That stinks about your boss. I guess in that situation I would have planned to tell my boss and then my co-workers immediately after. I've worked in enough offices to know that that kind of info isn't 'confidential'. Maybe you should plan on telling your customers today?

I'm a horrible NEYer. I come in, respond to the few people before me, but then when I come back later in the day, I cannot be bothered to read the 83 new messages. Forgive me.

Last night I called Bingo for the first time ever. I loved it and can't wait to do it again. I've always loved a microphone and I enjoy the repetition and rules of when to call the #'s, etc. Apparently I did a good job, because several people told other members that they couldn't believe it was my first time. Silly thing to be excited about, I know, but that's me!

This morning I set a PR in the power snatch at crossfit, which has me feeling like a badass. I didn't iron my blazer, so I feel like I look like a slob. It's gray and rainy outside. Those are my observations for today.

Gray pants, gray tank, maroon blazer

It's a tie between my gold Tory Burch flats and my Franco Sarto nude wedges.

Trainwreck

That's a big bucket of NOPE.

Kit Kat, Snickers, Mr. Goodbar
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger I didn't tell ANYONE until I had told my boss, and the night that I did I only worked with one other person and I told him but only after I already gave my notice. Then, yesterday, I get to work and everyone there already knew. I have told a few customers already but since I never work the same shift I never see the same people every day so I know some won't know until I'm already gone. I'm okay with that, I've just grown close to a lot (some have known me since I was 19!) so I don't want to just up and leave.
  • Morning!
    Chilly here today and the rain is suppose to start later this morning. We're getting a just a piece of Hurricane Patricia over the next 24hrs {lots of rain, and wind}
    Honestly .... this just reminds me of high school. One of my bffs and I had free period for awhile until the class was set up, so one day before lunch we walked over to tim horton's to get drinks and donuts. We didn't really think before we left, and it was part of a hurricane. This was before lunch and we were so soaked, we ended up bailing on lunch and skipping an afternoon class to try and dry our shoes. Luckily we had dance class, so we just changed into dance clothes and didn't wear shoes to the class we did go to lol

Charcoal dress pants, white tshirt with an gold/beige overlay top and heels
    Yup. My wedding shoes! Haven't worn them out since the wedding, but I'm prob busting them out for company party next weekend ;)
    Excellent question .... I have no idea.
    Nope. Staying home and probably watching movies or hallowe'en specials
    Hmm .... Aero mint and mars are the 2 that come to mind.
  • @bethsmiles - I've been following your progress on GoodReads! It took me a while to get through it too but once I hit a certain point, I seriously couldn't put it down. 

@beachyone15 - Your outift today sounds so cute! I hope you'll take a pic of yourself on Saturday to share with the class :)

@buddysmom80 - I always get the nuggets or tenders or whatever the boneless things are called. Fries or mac and cheese. Their biscuits are fucking incredible. And mardi gras mustard is sent from the heavens. 

@cu97tiger - Same shit, different day. I need to invest in mind-reading pills, fo' realz. 

@TwoDimes - We are shoes twinsies! I have those same ones and I love them, they're so comfy! I do not remember weird camera angles from Scandal at all. I wonder if it's something weird they did at the very beginning and then stopped?

• @swazzle - Thank you! I actually feel somewhat put together today. Couldn't get a full body shot, but you get the idea...

• minskat30minskat30 member
    edited October 2015
    @bethsmiles - Who the hell texts at 4 am?  What IS that?  Crazy.

@cu97tiger - I'm mentally picturing you calling out bingo for ladies with blue hair and laughing now.  :)  In all seriousness, bingo is really fun.  There is a similar game in India (Tambola) and its great.  I play it with all the older ladies when I go. 

@beachyone15 - Your halloween costume sounds like mine every year...wear black, put on wig and wear lots of make-up then let the kids decide what I "am".  :)

@MissKittyDanger - I love those shoes.

@TwoDimes - Bummer about Scandal, I've been wanting to start watching it.  I'm already nauseaus all the time so dizzy angles would likely make it worse.  

@speakeasy14 - Exactly!  I feel a lot better after talking to people who had pets who had the surgery successfully.  It sounds like their dogs returned back to puppy hood strength post-recovery after surgery so I'll take it.

• @minskat30 - That's pretty much exactly how it was. I was probably the youngest person in the room by 15 years.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @Swazzle In elementary either my mom or a teacher had us sound out the word how it's spelled, and to this day anytime I write it I say "wed-nes-day" in my head, and I always think "Wtf" as well. Your costume sounds awesome too.

@untouchablets How annoying. But just keep in mind if anyone is giving you crap, it's on them. People quit jobs every day and it takes a real lack of maturity to turn that into gossip.

@minskat30 Are you rolling up the items you're packing? It really helps with space!

@bethsmiles "My students are giving speeches and honestly they mostly sucked on Monday so I don't have high hopes for today." I LOL'D. Really, I used to wonder back in school if it was as awful for my teacher/professor as it was for me to suffer through everyone's speeches.

The end of work yesterday was super stressful, I have a case that SHOULDN'T be complicated, but the example spreadsheet that was sent to me is mega complicated and the coworker who did it linked to 900 other sheets. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure things out and am getting nowhere. I asked my boss for help, he agreed, and then this morning said he doesn't have time to help me so I'm basically on my own.

All that caused anxiety to build up, and when BF told me about his dentist visit my irrational raging fear of dentists (and knowing I need to go back soon) opened up and I ended up having a full blown anxiety attack while trying to drive home. Luckily once I got home I took that anxious energy and frantically threw stuff into the laundry and dishwasher and then cracked open a Maple syrup beer (yum), and grabbed a book and read for the rest of the evening. I also made cheese dip and ate ALL OF IT with tortilla chips, so I was super healthy last night.

What are you wearing today? Blue sweater, black pants, black shoes
    Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? I wear the same pair of black easyspirit flats every single day at work, and often when I need nicer looking shoes for going out. I'm on my second pair of the same shoes. My favorite shoes are probably my galaxy printed vans though.
    What's the last movie you saw in the theater? I have no idea... Tommorowland?
    Are you dressing up for Halloween? Yep! Already did actually since a friend had an early Halloween party. BF and I were the Spartan cheerleaders from SNL.
    What's your favorite candy? I really like the butterfinger pb cups. Yummm. Also love the sour patch watermelons.

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    edited October 2015
    @twodimes I heard about that lady! Crazy story! And I'm wondering if maybe Kerry Washington was pregnant during filming? I know she had a baby at some point but I'm not sure what season was on at the time.

Edit: I just read the Reddit thread and I guess that theory about hearing private info makes sense but I'm not sure that I totally buy it...

• @twodimes omg! I'm sure that went over well.  
  • @TwoDimes - OH that. Yea, they still do that. It's never bothered me though so that's probably why I didn't notice it! I hope you stick with it and start to like it more soon! It's one of my favorites. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards