Not Engaged Yet

Faux Friday ;)

13»

Re: Faux Friday ;)

• @buddysmom80 - Thanks :) And I've missed you ladies so much, I needed to make more time for posting!

• @bethsmiles I love the gray BM dresses in your inspiration pictures. My BMs wore a purpley kind of gray from bill levkoff (all different styles) and they loved how they were neutral.
  • @Swazzle I am so jealous of your long weekend and your day off! 

@beanbot2002 SO CLOSE!!!!!!

@CocoBellaF yup...I am in the same boat today. Blah. 

@jenna8984 I would go in a heartbeat. But then again, flying doesn't bother me either and I want to see the world. Would getting some sleep aids for the 14 hour flight help?

@bethsmiles I love those colors! 

So I have some stuff to get done now but I will probably be back later today. I had a major freakout at work yesterday. I'm going to get really nerdy here, but some of my hardware wasn't working properly, and I went back to look at the schematic, and it looked like a crucial output element was missing from the schematic that could cause the results I was seeing. It would have 100% been my fault for not catching it in our review meetings months ago before the hardware went to production, and it would have been extremely expensive to fix. I almost had a panic attack about the thought of my manager screaming at me over it. 

I texted FI that I was freaking out and he came down to my office and looked it over. It turns out that the guy who drew the schematic did so in a not standard way. Normally you read it left to right, where the inputs are on the left and the outputs are on the right. The designer put the seemingly missing outputs in the middle, in a difficult to see location on the drawing. So, crisis averted thanks to my wonderful FI who provided a second set of eyes. I have to figure out what is causing the issue now, but it looks like whatever it is was not a result of a mistake that I made. Big sigh of relief. 

PT was interesting yesterday. The therapist did a consultation/range of motion test on my foot, and when she moved it so that the foot was pointing inward, I screamed in pain and was holding back tears. Even she said that she thinks a MRI would be a good idea, and is going to call the orthopedist who referred me to her. She then had me do some simple toe and heel raises, and I was in excruciating pain from that too :(

I was supposed to have to work from 7 am this morning due to a meeting, but that got moved to tomorrow afternoon, so I am a happy camper. Today should be a fairly slow day, but I do have to figure out this hardware issue. 

• @AuroraRose41 - Freakin schematics. I love when you talk nerdy to me. ;) But I am not in love with the foot news! That sounds awful! I hope you start healing soon, poor thing. :(

• @AuroraRose41 - That is not good news about your foot! Fingers crossed that they figure out what's up ASAP!

• @AlPacina I knew if anyone would understand my frustration and freak out it would be you! :) And thank you. Me too. I plan to just lay on the couch all weekend with it raised and iced and binge on PLL. Hopefully that helps it heal. 

• Ooooo, it's the 5th of November! V for Vendetta is one of my all-time favorite movies!

I was going to vote we change the name of the thread to "Fawkes Friday"....... but it's still not Friday.

• @aurorarose41 If they put you in a cast, I will totally send you all the glittery things I used to bedazzle my cast!
  • @speakeasy14 YAAAASSSSSS! Lol! I have never had a cast before so I will bedazzle the shit out of it, even if my coworkers give me weird looks! 

@bethsmiles thank you. Me too! I just want to know what the injury is!

• @swazzle @speakeasy14 You're definitely right about the pillow. I just hate spending money on stuff like that but I'm definitely going to suck it up and do it. I've been in so much pain for a while now. 
    Everyone else- thanks for chiming in about the mattress toppers! 

• @bethsmiles I was having a hard time visualizing your colors too but now I get it- those pics are gorgeous!! That will look beautiful at your venue. 

• @AlPacina  "Faux Fawkes Friday" ? lol
  • @AuroraRose41 my blinged out cast haha
  • @bethsmiles - LOVE your inspiration pics!!! My BMs are all wearing different dresses, which is great because they all have different body types.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards