Chit Chat

Boring Day

13»

Re: Boring Day

• emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    @holyguacamole79  I'm in the same boat as you for the Yeti tumblers! I've  been everywhere trying to get one for MIL. I may just order it online. 
    @emmaaa  -  if you find it online, let me know!  I've tried EVERYWHERE I can think of ... Academy, REI, Cabela's, Amazon, Dick's Sporting Goods.  Even on Yeti's website, it says out of stock.

I flipping love mine, so I'm not surprised by the frenzy.
    When we looked Friday Yeti's website still had them, now they're out.  The Dick's near me said they are getting a shipment in tonight (a truck, they don't know what's included) so I'm going first thing Wednesday morning to see if they have any there. 
    Yeah, there really isn't a Dick's near us.  There is an Ace hardware really close to the house, so I popped in last night and asked.  I'm going to call Academy later and see, too.

There is a popular gas station chain in Texas called Buc-ees, which is where I got mine.  But they don't answer their phones, so I may swing by the nearest location this weekend (it's not really close to my office) and see.  

I know understand why my mom went so batty in the 80s trying to find a Cabbage Patch Doll for me!!

@Lyndausvi, I also was a Tervis girl.  I still have quite a few Tervis tubmlers.  I am absolutely a Yeti convert.  I'll fill mine up with ice and water during lunch and it's not uncommon for the ice to still be intact the next morning.  Granted, I don't leave the cup outside in the heat, but it stays frozen for 10 or so hours.
  • emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    @holyguacamole79  I'm in the same boat as you for the Yeti tumblers! I've  been everywhere trying to get one for MIL. I may just order it online. 
    @emmaaa  -  if you find it online, let me know!  I've tried EVERYWHERE I can think of ... Academy, REI, Cabela's, Amazon, Dick's Sporting Goods.  Even on Yeti's website, it says out of stock.

When we looked Friday Yeti's website still had them, now they're out.  The Dick's near me said they are getting a shipment in tonight (a truck, they don't know what's included) so I'm going first thing Wednesday morning to see if they have any there. 
    Yeah, there really isn't a Dick's near us.  There is an Ace hardware really close to the house, so I popped in last night and asked.  I'm going to call Academy later and see, too.

There is a popular gas station chain in Texas called Buc-ees, which is where I got mine.  But they don't answer their phones, so I may swing by the nearest location this weekend (it's not really close to my office) and see.  

I know understand why my mom went so batty in the 80s trying to find a Cabbage Patch Doll for me!!

@Lyndausvi, I also was a Tervis girl.  I still have quite a few Tervis tubmlers.  I am absolutely a Yeti convert.  I'll fill mine up with ice and water during lunch and it's not uncommon for the ice to still be intact the next morning.  Granted, I don't leave the cup outside in the heat, but it stays frozen for 10 or so hours.
    I'm not really an ice girl. Refrigerator temperature drinks are fine for me.   I have a large Zero Water container (23 cups) in the fridge.  I fill up my water and it's cool enough for me (helps that it doesn't get too hot here).  If I drink soda (2-3 times a month) it's out of a can from the fridge.   

I do not drink hot drinks too much either.   I guess I'm a middle of the road temperature drinker.  :tongue: 

I guess Yeti would be lost on me.

Randoms - I had a Cabbage Patch Doll.   Still at my mom's house.     I also love Buc-ees.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:

I'm not really an ice girl. Refrigerator temperature drinks are fine for me.   I have a large Zero Water container (23 cups) in the fridge.  I fill up my water and it's cool enough for me (helps that it doesn't get too hot here).  If I drink soda (2-3 times a month) it's out of a can from the fridge.   

I do not drink hot drinks too much either.   I guess I'm a middle of the road temperature drinker.  :tongue: 

Randoms - I had a Cabbage Patch Doll.   Still at my mom's house.     I also love Buc-ees.  
    Yeah, the Yeti may not be good for you.  I love having my water on ice, especially during the summer.  I also always have a cup of water with me at work (Yeti is at my side as I type).  

I have no idea what happened to my Cabbage Patch Doll. Her name was Darcy, though.  And Buc-ees may be one of the greatest things known to man.  There are 4 on the way from our house to my parents' house.  We usually stop by one of them.  We actually included Beaver Nuggets in our welcome bags for OOT guests at our wedding, and they were a huge hit.
  • lyndausvi said:
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:

Yeah, the Yeti may not be good for you.  I love having my water on ice, especially during the summer.  I also always have a cup of water with me at work (Yeti is at my side as I type).  

I have no idea what happened to my Cabbage Patch Doll. Her name was Darcy, though.  And Buc-ees may be one of the greatest things known to man.  There are 4 on the way from our house to my parents' house.  We usually stop by one of them.  We actually included Beaver Nuggets in our welcome bags for OOT guests at our wedding, and they were a huge hit.
    NFL Tervis Tumbler Philadelphia Eagles 24oz Wrap Tumbler Pro with Travel Lid

Add a handle and this is next to me right now.  Actually, it's with me all day and night.   It's pretty dry here, so it sits on my nightstand. Then comes to "work", then back to the main floor with me after work, then back to bed at night (3rd floor).  It's always going up and down the stairs with me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I talked to my local Ace Hardware on Yeti gear.  They have a few lowball glasses left, but that's it.  They direct ship from Yeti and were told last week they will not get any until at least February.  My Ace is considering dropping Yeti as it's a frequent issue that they can't get any stock. They're keeping demand high by lack of supply is my Ace store opinion.

I love my Tervis for hot drinks, Bubba mug for ice drinks.  I see no need to switch.
  • I talked to my local Ace Hardware on Yeti gear.  They have a few lowball glasses left, but that's it.  They direct ship from Yeti and were told last week they will not get any until at least February.  My Ace is considering dropping Yeti as it's a frequent issue that they can't get any stock. They're keeping demand high by lack of supply is my Ace store opinion.

I love my Tervis for hot drinks, Bubba mug for ice drinks.  I see no need to switch.

I just stopped by our Ace and they said the same thing. They suggested Corkcicle. Apparently it does the same thing. And I can order it from their website ... so we'll see ..... @emmaaa, fyi

• omgosh, @drunkenwitch , I want to rub his belly!
    ETA:  The cat, not the boyfriend.  No offense, I'm sure your boyfriend's belly is lovely; I'll let you rub it!

The belly is a trap, IT'S A TRAP!

Eta, the cat's belly, not the boyfriend's belly.

It's Loki's son who bites off hands, have you tried reminding your cat of that?

Yes, and I threatened to bake him into a pie or sell him to Gypsies, but there's a reason his full name is Loki You Littleshit.

• Awww, going all Mrs Lovett on the most adorable Trickster ever would be some kind of hilarity......  

My vote is on Loki.
  • Awww, going all Mrs Lovett on the most adorable Trickster ever would be some kind of hilarity......  

My vote is on Loki.

He's just to damn cute and adorable to Sweeney Todd him.

• FWP: Just found out my new nephew has almost the same name FI and I agreed on if we were to have a son. Such a stupid FWP but whatever. It's a one letter difference and the names rhyme, so not sure if we would use the name now.

Confession: I ate more popcorn that I should have today. Oops. And I was pretending to clean something earlier but I was texting one of my friends. Oh well!

Whining: I can't move my neck, I have cramps, and we're having a hard time finding someone to take over our lease.

Good thing: The weather has been amazing. And 38 days until wedding day is here!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    FWP: Just found out my new nephew has almost the same name FI and I agreed on if we were to have a son. Such a stupid FWP but whatever. It's a one letter difference and the names rhyme, so not sure if we would use the name now. Confession: I ate more popcorn that I should have today. Oops. And I was pretending to clean something earlier but I was texting one of my friends. Oh well! Whining: I can't move my neck, I have cramps, and we're having a hard time finding someone to take over our lease. Good thing: The weather has been amazing. And 38 days until wedding day is here!
    I have this same FWP. SIL (the one who is super self-centered) named her son the name DH & I were going to name our son if we had a boy. It's the name of both of my favorite uncles - one on my mom's side and one on my dad's side who both passed away within 3 years of each other. Everyone in H's family knew that was the name we were going to pick and SIL just used it anyway. There are times when I agree that it's a stupid FWP, but there are times when it just breaks my heart and makes my blood boil at the same time.

• hellohkb said:

FWP: Just found out my new nephew has almost the same name FI and I agreed on if we were to have a son. Such a stupid FWP but whatever. It's a one letter difference and the names rhyme, so not sure if we would use the name now.

Confession: I ate more popcorn that I should have today. Oops. And I was pretending to clean something earlier but I was texting one of my friends. Oh well!

Whining: I can't move my neck, I have cramps, and we're having a hard time finding someone to take over our lease.

Good thing: The weather has been amazing. And 38 days until wedding day is here!

I have this same FWP. SIL (the one who is super self-centered) named her son the name DH & I were going to name our son if we had a boy. It's the name of both of my favorite uncles - one on my mom's side and one on my dad's side who both passed away within 3 years of each other. Everyone in H's family knew that was the name we were going to pick and SIL just used it anyway. There are times when I agree that it's a stupid FWP, but there are times when it just breaks my heart and makes my blood boil at the same time.

Oh no :( That is super passive aggressive! I'm so sorry she did that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    hellohkb said:
    FWP: Just found out my new nephew has almost the same name FI and I agreed on if we were to have a son. Such a stupid FWP but whatever. It's a one letter difference and the names rhyme, so not sure if we would use the name now. Confession: I ate more popcorn that I should have today. Oops. And I was pretending to clean something earlier but I was texting one of my friends. Oh well! Whining: I can't move my neck, I have cramps, and we're having a hard time finding someone to take over our lease. Good thing: The weather has been amazing. And 38 days until wedding day is here!
    Oh no :( That is super passive aggressive! I'm so sorry she did that.
    That's just how she rolls - especially with me. She's horrid. And that's what vodka is for ;-)
  • edited December 2015

I just realized I had a confession: I ate 3.5 donuts today.

Whining and potential FWP: I bought a new car. I had to order it, so I've been desperate to get it for two months. It came in on Monday so we picked it up Monday night. I didn't drive it yesterday because I wanted to have it officially insured before I took it out. H parked behind me last night, so he drove us to work this morning and we're not going home right after work. I am leaving tomorrow to visit my family so H is driving me to the airport. I won't get to drive my new car again until next week :(

ETF

• Oh I definitely have one of each.

FWP - I accidentally deleted my birthday coupon from Ulta. Pretty sure it was for free mascara. And apparently Yahoo deletes your trash automatically after a certain amount of time, because it isn't in there.

Confession - It is really annoying me that DH is stressed about money all the time lately even though we are doing ok right now. It's like every time he looks at our bank account he is mortified at how much money I've spent on things like groceries. Or hes like "what's this $20 charge at a gas station for?" umm...... gas for my car???? ugh.

Whining - I am tired and I want to go home. Today is boring me.

Good thing - I just found out that we are getting 5 more days of PTO next year! Woohoo!!

This!  I'm responsible for grocery shopping, which I generally don't mind.  Every 6 months or so H comes along and freaks out about how much the grocery bill is.  Because he very seldom steps in the store, he has no concept of how much this stuff actually costs.
  • @holyguacamole79 The Dick's is out here (one guy bought all 50 they got in stock) and the one near my house is out. I was going to ask the girl on the phone is they were getting another shipment in but she interrupted me and was rude so I didn't even bother. There is an Omega Sports near my house too and they are getting a shipment in on Friday hopefully. 

• @emmaaa, yeah it's nuts.  I'm intrigued by the Corkcicle.  The guy at Ace said that it works just as well as the Yeti and the lid can close (the Yeti lid has the opening that doesn't close).  So I ordered 2 Corkcicle tumblers for my parents.  I hope they get here in time for Christmas!

• Oh I definitely have one of each.

FWP - I accidentally deleted my birthday coupon from Ulta. Pretty sure it was for free mascara. And apparently Yahoo deletes your trash automatically after a certain amount of time, because it isn't in there.

Confession - It is really annoying me that DH is stressed about money all the time lately even though we are doing ok right now. It's like every time he looks at our bank account he is mortified at how much money I've spent on things like groceries. Or hes like "what's this $20 charge at a gas station for?" umm...... gas for my car???? ugh.

Whining - I am tired and I want to go home. Today is boring me.

Good thing - I just found out that we are getting 5 more days of PTO next year! Woohoo!!

This!  I'm responsible for grocery shopping, which I generally don't mind.  Every 6 months or so H comes along and freaks out about how much the grocery bill is.  Because he very seldom steps in the store, he has no concept of how much this stuff actually costs.

I do the grocery shopping and I have since we've lived together. I coupon so DH has no concept of what grocery prices should be. He's gone to the grocery store maybe five times in the last 4 years and the last time it almost blew him away what a pound of ground beef costs.
  • @emmaaa, yeah it's nuts.  I'm intrigued by the Corkcicle.  The guy at Ace said that it works just as well as the Yeti and the lid can close (the Yeti lid has the opening that doesn't close).  So I ordered 2 Corkcicle tumblers for my parents.  I hope they get here in time for Christmas!
    @holyguacamole79  Let me know how y'all like them because I may get that for DH after Christmas.

• emmaaa said:
    @emmaaa, yeah it's nuts.  I'm intrigued by the Corkcicle.  The guy at Ace said that it works just as well as the Yeti and the lid can close (the Yeti lid has the opening that doesn't close).  So I ordered 2 Corkcicle tumblers for my parents.  I hope they get here in time for Christmas!
    @holyguacamole79  Let me know how y'all like them because I may get that for DH after Christmas.
    @emmaaa , I will.  I'm getting them for my parents, so I'll ask them.  Or steal it from them.

• Hah thanks!! We had a blast yesterday, despite the stupid Bears. My sister and I are considering selling our tickets next year and going to all the away games instead since our home record has been so bad. But another point for Kane's streak and another shut-out for Crawford was definitely great.

I'm hungover as hell though. We're going this again on 1/3 and I'm thinking about taking the Monday after off work.

----------
    I will gladly purchase any bears tix you want to get rid of (as long as I don't have to work)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards