Chit Chat
Options

Unpopular Opinions

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Warning - maybe a popular opinion

Why do some people park like assholes?   Yes, I'm looking at you Mr 1999 banged up Jeep Cherokee taking up 2 spots at the store parking lot.  A parking lot that is full due to you know, the holidays.  

Don't you know I drive a 2016 Toyota 4Runner?   

YES!  And if I accidentally miss the lines and dont notice till I'm out, guess what?  I go back in an RE-PARK!  I feel like I'm the only one that does that sometimes.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

Why do some people park like assholes?   Yes, I'm looking at you Mr 1999 banged up Jeep Cherokee taking up 2 spots at the store parking lot.  A parking lot that is full due to you know, the holidays.  

YES!  And if I accidentally miss the lines and dont notice till I'm out, guess what?  I go back in an RE-PARK!  I feel like I'm the only one that does that sometimes.
    Same here, in my 2013 Ford Edge.

Lynda, I take it you ditched the Nissan and got the 2016 Toyota 4Runner?
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

Same here, in my 2013 Ford Edge.

Lynda, I take it you ditched the Nissan and got the 2016 Toyota 4Runner?
    yep.  Picked it up last Monday.   The Pathfinder has some bells and whistles I kind-of miss (all FWP stuff), but overall I haven't looked back.  It drives nice and comfortable.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I park in the back of the lot as far as I can to keep away from all those parking assholes.

Don't want anyone dingin' my beautiful soul red 2016 Mazda CX-3.

I'm one of THOSE people who call it "My Mazda". Screw just saying "My car". She is my child.

• Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    H calls his truck "THE dually".  It's never just "my truck".  It's "THE dually".  His dad does the same thing, but he at least has multiple trucks for his business so I can see the need to differentiate.  We only have one truck.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    labro said:
    I park in the back of the lot as far as I can to keep away from all those parking assholes.

Don't want anyone dingin' my beautiful soul red 2016 Mazda CX-3.

I'm one of THOSE people who call it "My Mazda". Screw just saying "My car". She is my child.

Years ago my friend had a Mazda and it was a POS. We started pronouncing it Mahzda (like Africa) as a joke and that totally stuck. It sounds weird to pronounce it correctly now. I also call our truck a SilverAYdo because this is the funniest video ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold I jokingly called my previous Mazda my Mazz-dah when I was feeling playful versus Mahz-duh. I think that's what you mean too? :)

My Mazda 3 was seriously the best car ever, no problems, just performed regularly scheduled maintenance on it for the 10 years I owned it until it got totaled in a wreck recently. I still miss that little car. Except the heated seats in my CX-3 are slowly winning me over.

• Options
    Oh! I've never seen or read anything LOTR or Harry Potter. Or Hunger Games.
    I have seen and read LOTR and Harry Potter, but not the Hunger Games or Twilight.  I don't understand the appeal of those last two.
  • Options
    I hate when people refer to my animals as my "babies" or that I'm their "Mom". No. He's my dog, not a child.

Also, I hate movies. I'll watch them because H likes them but I prefer TV shows and binge watching series over movies any day.

I also hate NYE.
  • Options

hellohkb said:

banana468 said:

hellohkb said:

I don't like Will Ferrell, Adele, or the Beatles. I don't find Saturday Night Live to be humorous. I don't like seafood. I don't like expensive cars. They're all really ugly to me.

To the bolded, can you clarify?   This seems to be a huge generalization.   Are you talking supercars like Lamborghinis and Bugattis and a McLaren F1 or are you anti Acuras and Infinitis and Audis?  
    Yeah, you're right, it is a generalization on my part. I guess I should have clarified that I don't understand the fascination/obsession that a lot of people I know have with having a luxury vehicle. I have a few good friends and STB ILs who are almost obsessive with them... And honestly, the cars are hideous. Certain BMWs, sportscars, "muscle cars" (whatever that is, they claim there is a difference) and they won't just say "my car", "the car". They'll say "my BMW", "let's take my Mustang to the store" and act snotty when I swear these cars really aren't that amazing, IMO. I do find the Ferrari/Lamborghini type cars to be hideous too! I'm not one to talk. I want a station wagon.

Though I love Volvos and Mercedes. But I would refer to it as my car, not my Volvo ;)

HAHAHA an old coworker of mine never said "car", always the make and model. "Oh, I have to put gas in my 2010 Dodge Journey on my way home from work". She thought she was fancy and that the rest of us were jealous of her 2010 Dodge Journey that she couldn't get a loan for so her ILs got the loan and she paid them. Five years later we still make fun of her.

That would drive me nuts!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I hate when people refer to my animals as my "babies" or that I'm their "Mom". No. He's my dog, not a child.

Also, I hate movies. I'll watch them because H likes them but I prefer TV shows and binge watching series over movies any day.

I also hate NYE.

I'm not a huge movie fan either. I much prefer TV shows or documentaries.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I hate cell phones and only have one out of necessity. Sometimes, I 'forget' my cell phone in my car so no one can call and ask me to do stuff for them.

The children who work at the Verizon store smirk at my cell phone with the slide out keyboard. I don't care. 

• Options
    @MairePoppy

I love my cell phone, but I was sad to lose my slide-out keyboard! It was so much easier to type on!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I hate the movie Love Actually. I don't get it. The characters are not likeable, the plot goes nowhere and I end up yelling at the screen that everyone in the movie is an idiot.

• Options

I hate the movie Love Actually. I don't get it. The characters are not likeable, the plot goes nowhere and I end up yelling at the screen that everyone in the movie is an idiot.

Me too! Its such a cheese fest. All the characters are so fucking smug.

• Options
    I've never seen Love Actually.  I will drop everything, however for the Holiday.
  • Options
    hellohkb said:
    hellohkb said:
    I don't like Will Ferrell, Adele, or the Beatles. I don't find Saturday Night Live to be humorous. I don't like seafood. I don't like expensive cars. They're all really ugly to me.
    To the bolded, can you clarify?   This seems to be a huge generalization.   Are you talking supercars like Lamborghinis and Bugattis and a McLaren F1 or are you anti Acuras and Infinitis and Audis?  
    Yeah, you're right, it is a generalization on my part. I guess I should have clarified that I don't understand the fascination/obsession that a lot of people I know have with having a luxury vehicle. I have a few good friends and STB ILs who are almost obsessive with them... And honestly, the cars are hideous. Certain BMWs, sportscars, "muscle cars" (whatever that is, they claim there is a difference) and they won't just say "my car", "the car". They'll say "my BMW", "let's take my Mustang to the store" and act snotty when I swear these cars really aren't that amazing, IMO. I do find the Ferrari/Lamborghini type cars to be hideous too! I'm not one to talk. I want a station wagon. Though I love Volvos and Mercedes. But I would refer to it as my car, not my Volvo ;)

ha my H is like this to a degree. He has 2 cars, his daily driver and his fun car (Mustang with lots of extras to make it extra fast/expensive). The mustang only gets driven in nice weather so sometimes it will be like ok are we taking the Mustang or the Mazda (also called the Speed 3).  I think I need to start saying let's take the Kia (my car).  For him it is more of a "car guy" thing than a snooty thing.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    hellohkb said:
    hellohkb said:
    Yeah, you're right, it is a generalization on my part. I guess I should have clarified that I don't understand the fascination/obsession that a lot of people I know have with having a luxury vehicle. I have a few good friends and STB ILs who are almost obsessive with them... And honestly, the cars are hideous. Certain BMWs, sportscars, "muscle cars" (whatever that is, they claim there is a difference) and they won't just say "my car", "the car". They'll say "my BMW", "let's take my Mustang to the store" and act snotty when I swear these cars really aren't that amazing, IMO. I do find the Ferrari/Lamborghini type cars to be hideous too! I'm not one to talk. I want a station wagon. Though I love Volvos and Mercedes. But I would refer to it as my car, not my Volvo ;)

ha my H is like this to a degree. He has 2 cars, his daily driver and his fun car (Mustang with lots of extras to make it extra fast/expensive). The mustang only gets driven in nice weather so sometimes it will be like ok are we taking the Mustang or the Mazda (also called the Speed 3).  I think I need to start saying let's take the Kia (my car).  For him it is more of a "car guy" thing than a snooty thing.
    My DH is a car guy.   The man loves them and tweets more about cars than anything else.

But with his car love comes practicality.   We own a 2008 Outback (wagon) a 2011 Odyssey aaaaand a 2000 S2000.

For him, there's definitely a look to some of the cars but he's also all about knowing what they can do.   So a "pretty car" that's under-powered gets panned.   

If you want to get him to start talking and not stop, give him a cocktail and ask him to recommend a car for you.   He'll figure out your budget, needs and then he won't stop talking about why a sedan is dumb. 
  • Options

My DH is a car guy.   The man loves them and tweets more about cars than anything else.

But with his car love comes practicality.   We own a 2008 Outback (wagon) a 2011 Odyssey aaaaand a 2000 S2000.

For him, there's definitely a look to some of the cars but he's also all about knowing what they can do.   So a "pretty car" that's under-powered gets panned.   

If you want to get him to start talking and not stop, give him a cocktail and ask him to recommend a car for you.   He'll figure out your budget, needs and then he won't stop talking about why a sedan is dumb. 
    Mine doesn't understand the practicality part! And he doesn't keep cars around for long which drives me crazy. He keeps talking about getting a new one soon and his is only 3 years old but of course there's some new similar car to his with better horsepower so he needs it. NO!
  • Options
    kvruns said:

Mine doesn't understand the practicality part! And he doesn't keep cars around for long which drives me crazy. He keeps talking about getting a new one soon and his is only 3 years old but of course there's some new similar car to his with better horsepower so he needs it. NO!
    FI is the opposite.  He is 6'1, 200 lbs and drives a tiny little Cobalt and is hoping to get 3 more years out of it.  I don't even find the car comfortable so I have no idea how he does!  We take my car almost everywhere because I hate his car so much.
  • Options

@shessocold Did you ever see the Will Ferrell SNL skit where his family doesn't respect him and he just keeps saying "but I drive a dodge stratus!!"

• Options
    labro said:

@ShesSoCold I jokingly called my previous Mazda my Mazz-dah when I was feeling playful versus Mahz-duh. I think that's what you mean too? :)

My Mazda 3 was seriously the best car ever, no problems, just performed regularly scheduled maintenance on it for the 10 years I owned it until it got totaled in a wreck recently. I still miss that little car. Except the heated seats in my CX-3 are slowly winning me over.

I know how you feel!! I have owned 3 Mazdas, and lived them all. One was totaled in HS when I was rear-ended by a girl who'd had her license for 3 whole days, one I drove until it was just time to replace it, and I got a new Mazda 3 in 2008 that was the most trouble-free car ever until April when it was totaled on the turnpike. I miss that car, and won't buy anything else when we replace it next year. That thing protected the heck out of me as bad as it was mangled. I should been in much worse shape.

• Options

I know how you feel!! I have owned 3 Mazdas, and lived them all. One was totaled in HS when I was rear-ended by a girl who'd had her license for 3 whole days, one I drove until it was just time to replace it, and I got a new Mazda 3 in 2008 that was the most trouble-free car ever until April when it was totaled on the turnpike. I miss that car, and won't buy anything else when we replace it next year. That thing protected the heck out of me as bad as it was mangled. I should been in much worse shape.
    Holy shit. I thought my car was bad after my wreck! A high schooler pulled out into the road in front of me attempting to make a left hand turn. My car took most of the hit because I swerved trying to avoid her which I was SO thankful for because otherwise I would have completely t-boned her at 45 mph and hit her driver's door, instead I only damaged her front quarter panel. My CX-3 is my third Mazda. I had a 6 briefly in HS before my younger sister inherited it and then I got my 3 in college.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

@shessocold Did you ever see the Will Ferrell SNL skit where his family doesn't respect him and he just keeps saying "but I drive a dodge stratus!!"

LOL no but I love it!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    labro said:

Holy shit. I thought my car was bad after my wreck! A high schooler pulled out into the road in front of me attempting to make a left hand turn. My car took most of the hit because I swerved trying to avoid her which I was SO thankful for because otherwise I would have completely t-boned her at 45 mph and hit her driver's door, instead I only damaged her front quarter panel. My CX-3 is my third Mazda. I had a 6 briefly in HS before my younger sister inherited it and then I got my 3 in college.

labro said:

Let's add: "I don't really think HS kids should be allowed to drive" to my UOs.

I still have damage from getting rear-ended by one in 1998. Your poor car! This time I was hit by a semi, which spun me into a concrete wall, and then I was t-boned by an oncoming car at about 75mph. MW wants me to get something bigger like an SUV, but I love the size of the 3, and how it handles. CX-3 is the crossover, right? I told him I would test drive one, but I'm driving his Forrester right now and it feels too big for me.
  • Options
    I am freakishly envious of Elf on a Shelf.  Man, if those would have been around 30 years ago I would have really screwed with my girls' little heads, big time.

Not impressed with Adele.  Does she EVER sing anything that sounds happyish?

NYE is no big deal.

The only Will Farrell movie I will watch is Elf and I will watch it many times over the next week.

Not an Adam Sandler fan in the least.

I have never seen The Notebook

I have no feelings on koozies.

All you ladies with your fancy cars would be sooo jealous of me.  Part of our fleet includes a 2000 Bonneville with 270,000+ miles.  The car I usually drive was out have the transmission fixed so I drove the bonneville to work.  Took my friend to lunch and she looked over and said  TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THOUSAND MILES????  REALLY??  Yep, when you are married to a guy who has owned a licensed repair facility you are married to a guy who can fix anything.  We drive em til they die.  The Bonnie is about to die as we can tell the transmission is about to go on it.  For such an old car with so many miles on it, it drives out incredibly well - very smooth drive.  DH is super bummed about it.

And... the UO in THIS house is that I am, on December 23rd, getting my decorations up.  I am not happy about this and you know what they say about when Mom's not happy.  This was out of my hands but I am pissed and Christmas is just a big exercise is lots of work to take it down again right away.  Heads have already rolled for this.
  • Options
    Put me on the list of people who aren't an Adam Sandler fan. He's very meh.

• Options
    I don't like Adam Sandler either.
  • Options
    I hated the Notebook. Hated. Nearly vomited in my own shoes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards