Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Good morning, lovelies! 

Work was absolutely unbearable yesterday, hopefully today will be better. Things are definitely looking up as we've done the same amount of trades so far this morning as we did ALL day yesterday. 

I made dinner last night and then relaxed on the couch and read. I went up to bed early but I couldn't put my book down and I was up until after 11 reading! I started the second in the trilogy (Stephen King's Bill Hodges Trilogy) this morning and it's really good already so that's likely what I'll be doing all day if work is quiet again. 

I wore my new coat that H got me for Christmas today and I love it SO MUCH.

Tonight I'll grab Subway for dinner and then I have a Devils game which I forgot about until about 5 minutes ago. 

What's your favorite gift that you received? 
What's your favorite gift that you gave?
What are your New Year's Eve plans?
Do you have any traditions for NYE or NYD? 
Are you making any New Year's resolutions? 
Are you as excited as I am that NYD is on a Friday this year?

Re: Tuesday

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2015
    @swazzle I'm glad today seems better for you! And jealous that you're such a reader. I got a Kindle for Christmas and I'm gonna need book ideas!

my Michael Kors bag that BF got me. Its so classy and perfect!

The final season of the TV show 24 for BFs dad... He's always so hard to buy for and I saw it and remembered he loves that show so it was perfect and he loved it :)

Don't know yet, maybe dinner with BFs family, dinner with just BF, or our usual hanging at his friend's house playing games and drinking. Either way it goes, I plan on drinking all the alcohol.

Not really, it changes every year. And up until this year I've had to work the next day.

I usually do, but they're more general. Last years was to "appear taller" and then I bought a bunch of heels lol. This year I just want to stick to meal prepping as much as possibe.

YES
  • What's your favorite gift that you received?
    My coat, hat, and gloves from H; A crockpot with a timer setting from my parents; A heated mattress pad from my SFIL

I got H tickets for Hall & Oates and a BB-8

None as of now. H and I both have to work. I might suggest a fancy dinner out and a movie though. I feel like we're going to have to force ourselves to stay up until midnight but I like watching the ball drop. 

Growing up, my mommom always made ham and cabbage on NYD so I've stuck with that tradition. Yes, it's typically corned beef and cabbage but my family couldn't afford corned beef and the ham has just stuck after all these years. 

Nope.

• I get a new office today! I'll be off moving most of the day.

This office is in honor of my new teaching position. It's truly private (a first in my working career) and has a door I control (a first in the last several years - my office has been a waiting room for the guy next door, and that's not because it was set up as a waiting room).
  • Holidays were good but wow busy! Matt made the turkey and considering it was his first time, it was AMAZING! His stuffing is so similar to my dad's {well .... he used same recipe and my nana wrote it step-by-step, but that's beside the point}

AND WE SAW STAR WARS YESTERDAY!!! Yes it's amazing.

Ooh that's hard to say. I got clothes from my mum, which I love {she is the ONLY person who can buy me clothes any more} and Matt got me a kobo and case. The higher end kobo than I asked for {kobo aura h2o}
    Has to be keurig for my mum or the fall out 4 gear for Matt. He hasn't taken off the Vault 111 hoodie since lol
    People are coming over. Low-key
    Tradition use to be that I went to my friend's place for brunch NYD
    Not really. I wanna go through all our stuff, but that's not a resolution. I want to minimize what we have.
    Yes and no. Makes for a longer weekend at least lol
  • edited December 2015
    Good morning, happy Tuesday!  Only 2 more working days after today.

I have to get some bloodwork done after work today.  They are taking several vials and I am NOT looking forward to it.  Besides that, my plans are to finish up a research project at work, start moving to my new cubicle, and try to cook some dinner tonight.  We're having chicken, carrots, and potatoes again but whatever... I can eat it!

ETA:  I think I might do some yoga or PiYo tonight since I don't have anything else planned.  I guess it depends on how I'm feeling after my bloodwork.  @minskat30 - How much did they take at your first tri labs?  I'm doing the CF test too.

Wizard of Oz tickets go on sale here next week.  The shows are July 12-16.  My due date is July 18.  I really want to go, would that be pushing it too close?  Ideally we would go on the 15th or 16th (weekend).  First time moms almost always go late, so it should be fine... right?

I really like my new planner (from my parents) and some ergonomic gardening tools from H.

We got my grandma a sparkly/sequin-y gold scarf and she loves it like crazy.

Normally we host a party, but this year another couple is hosting.  I'm hoping we'll make it to that.

Not really.

Nope.

Yep!!
  • Last night H went to Star Wars with a friend. So I stopped at the bridal salon to pick up my gown from preservation. It was next door to most amazing Italian restaurant so I picked up my fave chicken piccata to go.

Today it's snowy and sleety so I'm working from home while watching Kitchen Nightmares all day.

What's your favorite gift that you received? I had asked H for a nice dinner out to a mystery location. He totally nailed it by bringing me to our wedding venue! I wasn't expecting that at all, it was so romantic and yummy.

What's your favorite gift that you gave? A personalized bride & groom ornament to my friend, and a Teddy Ruxpin to my niece that she just kept hugging.

What are your New Year's Eve plans? home...likely in bed by 10pm haha. Pregnant girl is sleepy, and H has to be up at 7am the next day for the NHL Winter Classic game.

Do you have any traditions for NYE or NYD? nope. Probably take the Christmas tree down on NYD

Are you making any New Year's resolutions? nope. Well I guess to use my brand new treadmill regularly.

Are you as excited as I am that NYD is on a Friday this year? Definitely since my work gives Thursday off.

@untouchablets oh meal planning is a good one

@swazzle heated mattress pad sounds divine. I have a queen heated fleece blanket that I use on the couch and it's like a cloud

@keptinstitches congrats on your new position and office

@misskittydanger what is kobo?

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2015
    It is a GREAT morning...I'm working remotely this morning with my coffee.  I'm also taking a half day this afternoon and tomorrow and Thursday off because my time won't carry over to next year.  I'm going to tackle the bathroom (cleaning it out completely) so we can gut it on Friday!

Yesterday was a zoo.  I left work around 4 because the weather was insane and it was getting difficult to get home.  It took me an hour to get home (it is a 10 minute drive max usually).  H's train from Chicago was late too so he didn't get home until 8.  I cooked dinner for H so it was waiting then took the monster (aka Raj) out in the snow.  He wanted to play so bad but I was worried about falling...it was snowing and hailing ice so an extremely large dog, slippery conditions and clumsy me are not a good combination.  Thankfully we got home in our respective two pieces.  I wanted to start shoveling but couldn't start the snow blower and didn't want to risk manual shoveling  so when H got home he got the damn snow blower started (took a while) and tackled that while I salted behind him.  We ate supper around 9:30 and crashed around 11.  Poor H has to go to work today in Chicago too so I made him breakfast and sent him off.

----------------------------------

@swazzle - AW the new coat? I love a book that is that engrossing where the time just flies by.  I haven't found a book like that in a while.  I'm not a big Stephen King fan but it has been a while since I tried his books so maybe I should try again.

@untouchablets - Yeah for a Kindle!  They are great!

@keptinstitches - Look at YOU.  Congrats on the new office lady!

@MissKittyDanger - Good for Matt for getting the Turkey right on the first try...that is quite an accomplishment!

@cocobellaf - Yeah for a due date!!  July 18th is a great date!  How close is the show to your doctor/hospital?  Can you get a refund (or are the tickets reasonable at least) if you can't go?  If it is close by, I don't see any issue with it so long as you are ok maybe loosing the money if you can't go and go into labor early.  FTM don't always go into labor late.  I would imagine you might be a little uncomfortable at that point sitting for several hours but I assume you can get up during intermission and all.  ;)  

---------------------------------------

-My mom's gift of cleaning service once a month...that can't be topped.

-H's gift to St Lucia!  Its a gift for me too.  ;)

-We are going out to a tapas place where H can get a great cocktail (he is giving up the sauce after the New Year's Eve) and I can get a great mocktail.

-Nothing really.  I like to watch the countdown though.

-Start and finish our bathroom remodel in a max of two months, get baby's room ready, organize my closets, and of course be the best Mom and a more patient me when baby minskat decides to make his or her appearance.

-I do like it because it means a nice long weekend!
  • @cocobellaf My sis in law went 2 weeks early with her first (and second). You never know! I personally wouldn't risk it but that's me.

• @jenna8984Teddy Ruxpin!  I  <3 this so much. 
  • @minskat30 - H got me this coat from L.L.Bean. It's soooooooo warm! 

• Very nice, @Swazzle!  Did you get any additional things to go with/in it?  I hope you like it!
  • @swazzle - That looks SO FREAKING COZY!  I love it!!!  I have an old North Face jacket (I bought it when I got Raj for his first winter...so its over 5 years old).  I was stupid and bought it in white...I fall a lot in snow/mud when its wet out so its filthy now and I need to replace it (H calls it the coal miner jacket).  ;)  
  • @jenna8984  Ereader. It just occurred to me that it could be a Canadian thing OR certain stores.

@minskat30 Right!? I was super impressed. My mum helped but more or less for timing on things like basting, etc.

@swazzle love that jacket!! My first thought is "hey, warm bum while waiting for public transit" lol
  • @CocoBellaF - I did! I got markers, a pen holder, and the snap-in meal planner that I'm really excited about.

@minskat30 - I love warm, cozy coats! I really, really needed a new one desperately especially now that I have an actual commute. Last winter was BRUTAL. 

• @Swazzle I almost got the snap-in meal planner.  Let me know if you like it after using it a few weeks!
  • I'll have to look into getting insurance for the tickets.  They are also looking for a Toto dog, which Bella is the perfect Toto (right breed, coloring, and size!)  Too bad that we'll have a few other things going on at that time... she could have been a STAR!
  • @labro -

I'd say come over to my house and have some but I ate the ENTIRE box...in three days.  Note to self though...don't eat the entire box and then check the serving size for the box.   I'd sadly be ashamed but I'm too high on sugar right now to care.  I LOVE those blocks for Callie!  Absolutely adorable!  Also, major kudos for getting up to do yoga!!!
  • @minskat30 Yea I had no clue what to get my niece at all so I'm just browsing the store and then I'm like holy shit- is that a Teddy Ruxpin?! SOLD

@labro omg those came out great!!

@speakeasy14 Yay for not living on a death road anymore. My friend's driveway is like a quarter mile long of uphill switchbacks and we call it Mount Hopkins.

• @jenna8984 hahaha we used to call my road suicide ridge.  Even with all wheel or 4 wheel drive it was a struggle to get up and down. But that is also because they don't really plow in Pennsylvania, just throw cinders down or plow one side of a two lane road.
  • There's a wicked snow storm currently happening. I am suppose to go for dinner with people for sushi. I'm hoping it's not cancelled but we may close the office!! First snow fall and it's a storm. Course.

My reaction to all the snow this morning ....

angry snow mad peanuts hate

• What's your favorite gift that you received? My KitchenAid mixer from my mom! I was so surprised/excited when I opened it! 
    What's your favorite gift that you gave? I got FI a hammock for camping that he's pretty excited about. We have a ton of camping stuff so I'm always excited when I can find something new he can use.
    What are your New Year's Eve plans? No big plans. We'll probably hang out with FI's best friend and brother at the apartment, maybe watch some movies and play board games.
    Do you have any traditions for NYE or NYD? Nope. This is the first year FI and I have spent NYE together in years! 
    Are you making any New Year's resolutions? Just the same one I always make and fail at - losing weight/getting fit. Hopefully this year I'll finally get it together and actually achieve that goal. The wedding is obviously a big motivator.
    Are you as excited as I am that NYD is on a Friday this year? Yes! FI gets Thursday and Friday off for NYE and NYD so we get to spend an awesome 4 day weekend just relaxing and having fun.
    -----------------------------------------
    @swazzle - I love it when you find a good book that you just can't put down! And I love the planner you picked.
    @KeptInStitches - Yay for a new office! That's so awesome!
    @CocoBellaF - Good luck with the blood work, I hope it doesn't suck too much.
    @minskat30 - Working from home is the best, enjoy your day at home :)
    ------------------------------------------
    My day is going really well so far. My dad and brother were staying at my place because they came down for the Broncos games yesterday (which they won, clinching a play-off spot, woo hoo!) and they are driving back today. So I had a nice breakfast with them before they left. Now I'm binge watching Madame Secretary on Netflix because I've heard it's good. I'll work on lesson plans this afternoon but right now I'm just enjoying having a lazy morning.

• Hi! It's snowy - well, more icy - here. I want snow, but the ice can shove it. H is actually giddy with the possibility of needing to use our new snowblower. 

What's your favorite gift that you received? My LL Bean coat from my ILs! I also love the LL Bean boots H got me, but I have to return them because he got me a size too small. 

What's your favorite gift that you gave? I got my parents a new backgammon set (theirs was being held together by duct tape) and a GORGEOUS Corinthian Bells windchime. 

What are your New Year's Eve plans? Nothing major. A couple of our friends are coming over, we're having a bunch of foods and drinks, we'll play some board games (CAH, probably) in our pajamas, and probably go to bed shortly after the ball drops!

Do you have any traditions for NYE or NYD? Nope. I don't know that I've ever done the same thing twice.

Are you making any New Year's resolutions? I feel like I say I'm going to start working out/eating healthier every year. I hope it sticks this time.

Are you as excited as I am that NYD is on a Friday this year? Yes! I love long weekends :)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @GoldenPenguin  take some of ours. first snowfall and once it's done, we'll prob have 30cm total. Guh.
  • @GoldenPenguin  take some of ours. first snowfall and once it's done, we'll prob have 30cm total. Guh.
    I'm sure we'll get our share :)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2015
    Radio just gave a warning about freezing rain coming later. This is how I picture trying to get TO the bus ... or really anywhere

disney cute snow ice 101 dalmatians

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards