Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• @PamBeesly524 - Alice Blue Ciara Buffalo Plaid Jacket

• My next Fix is in progress!! YAY! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thanks @Swazzle! I have that vest from stitchfix that's super similar so I'm not sure if I'll ask for it or not but we'll see! :)
  • I like everything, @Swazzle! Good fix again!
  • So I thought I had postponed my fix but alas, it arrived yesterday. I got lazy and didn't take pics of everything on, mostly because I didn't really love anything.

Cassilyn Faux Shearling Drape Jacket - my H's face said it all... This was basically a sweater with wings. It was so comfy but it didn't sit right and was pricey - $98

Papermoon April Patterned Knit Sweater - I might keep this just to not lose out on my styling fee. It's soft and comfy, I don't like how parts of the sweater are see-through though.

Papermoon Amalie Split Neck Binding Hem Knit Top - it was just ok. My H likes it but it's similar to another top I got in a previous fix.

Look by M Sammie Plaid Infinity Scarf - nothing special and I really don't like the colors or pattern.

Kut From The Kloth Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean - I actually loved how these fit but I HATE distressed jeans... I can't wear them to work so there's no point in spending a lot on them just for the weekends.

So overall I think I'm putting SF on an indefinite hold.... I just haven't been impressed!
  • @PamBeesly524 What a bummer! What parts of the sweater are see through, I don't mind a little see through materials and that sweater looks very comfy. I LOVE those jeans (although I see why you wouldn't get them) That's what I was hoping for when I requested boyfriend jeans and didn't get them :(
  • My Fix arrived on Thursday. I'm disappointed. I told them in my note that I have a wedding at the end of the month, so I'm looking for a dress to wear to that and specifically said I like fit & flare dresses for my body. My stylist sent two dresses. One... for christs sake, it shouldn't even come in my size. The other is nice, but I'll have to diet for the entire month of January to fit into it, and it's not fit & flare anyway. I'm not sure what to do.

(Please ignore my hair - I moved my office all day Thursday, so I was a hot mess.)

KFTK Dayna Skinny Jean with both of the tops: I like them, but I need to size down in KFTK jeans. 

Dahlya Eddi V-Neck Pullover Sweater: This might be the only thing I keep, so I don't lose my fee. It's super cozy, and long. 

Loveapella Cesare Side Zip Knit top: I like this, but it was a little too tight. 

Brixon Ivy Tenley Dress: I like this one, but it's SO tight on my tum. 

And finally. Pixley Bradshaw Dress: I mean. HONESTLY.

If anything, this Fix convinced me to sign up for Weight Watchers today, because I'm fucking large and in charge. So there's that.

*******************************************************************************************

• @GoldenPenguin Definitely keep the sweater! I love it on you!!!! And yeah....I don't know what your stylist was thinking with that second dress. It's like, hey everyone, look at my boobs!!! The color is beautiful on you though.

I'm not sure I would keep the other dress. I think it would be fine with a pair of Spanx but if you are not happy with it, then it isn't worth keeping. You'd just as easily find another dress somewhere else that you would probably love even more for the wedding.

• @justsie it's just see through where the knit design is a little different... It's really not that bad and the more I try it on the more I like it!
  • @GoldenPenguin love the sweater and the first dress but wtf on that last dress? I agree with labro the color is gorgeous on you but I hate the side boob cutouts. And agree about KFTK jeans, the boyfriend jeans I just got are a size smaller than what I usually get and they fit perfectly.
  • @GoldenPenguin - I mean, the red dress is good if you're into the whole sideboob look :wink: 

I think you're gorgeous and I love you <3 

• @GoldenPenguin love the first sweater.  I think the first dress would look fine on you with spanx, but if you don't love it, it isn't worth it.  The red dress... you mean you don't want to show off lots of side boob?  Try RTR for a dress for the wedding.
  • @GoldenPenguin - Your face with the side-boob dress!  Why is this a "thing" now?  It is one of those trends that is just a bad idea like spandex in the 80s....it looks good on no one other than a model (maybe...even that is a stretch).  That said, you are beautiful and I just wanted to say I  <3 you.  
  • It looks like the top half of Lelo's (?) outfit in the fifth element. 
  • I mean, it looks great on this lady (who is approximately the size of my right thigh, so...)

• Meh @goldenpenguin - I'm not particularly fond of it on her to be honest. It is just an odd shape and the boob cut-out trend just reminds me of a little kid cutting random holes in paper art.  That said, I do love her shoes...I think I have those shoes.  
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @GoldenPenguin nope, doesn't look good on her.  It's sagging in the boob area 
  • Love everything, @swazzle!! I can't believe that cardi is $118. 

Also, I told you this last night, but you look AMAZING. 

• @swazzle nice socks ;-)  Oh I'm not supposed to look at those... You look amazing in everything.  Why is a cardi $118?!? Was it cashmere or wool?
  • @speakeasy14 - I have no idea. It's made of like rayon and something else but no, not cashmere or wool.

• @swazzle - Of course my eyes went right to your socks when you said that.  ;) Just wanted to say that, in addition to the nice clothes, you look amazing.  I think you looked amazing before but I can really tell you are loosing weight.    
  • @Swazzle The emers and the cardi are soooo amazing but yeah! Totally get your reasoning behind returning them. YOU look so amazing and beautiful btw!

• @swazzle - For real though..... I'm noticing a difference in your pictures too.

I like the top you kept! It is really a bummer that the amount I love a SF item typically coordinates with how expensive it is. I found another similar service though, and the website blatantly lets you know that the AVERAGE cost of items they send you is 300 fucking dollars! FuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuNO.

• AlPacina said:

@swazzle - For real though..... I'm noticing a difference in your pictures too.

I like the top you kept! It is really a bummer that the amount I love a SF item typically coordinates with how expensive it is. I found another similar service though, and the website blatantly lets you know that the AVERAGE cost of items they send you is 300 fucking dollars! FuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuNO.

• @AlPacina - Trunk Club?? I had people on one of the SF boards I'm on recommending that like crazy, and I looked it up, and I was like "NO THANK YOU SIR." 

• You guys! Thank you all so much <3 I don't SEE a difference and nobody IRL has mentioned seeing a difference but I am FEELING a difference in my clothes already which is fine with me! 

I heard about Trunk Club too! I just don't spend that much money on clothes so that's a big fat NOPE.

• @GoldenPenguin - I'm not sure if Trunk Club is the same one I saw. I don't see the 300 bucks on their main site page, so I don't think it was it. That one looks expensive too though!

I'm gonna schedule another box, though. I miss it. I've actually worn something from SF every single day this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards