Not Engaged Yet
Options

Emotional Day...

2»

Re: Emotional Day...

• Options
    @Jells2dot0 I was not aware of the situation regarding the issue with reporting or warnings.

• Options

the mods are rendered helpless right now from making reports, editing posts, banning, etc. It all has to be done through @KnotHolly until TK Tech can get their shit together.

I agree that the link needs to be removed, but there is no point in complaining that the mods overlooked it when they can't exactly do anything about it.

Ok but does this stop the mods from warning?  Was this a recent thing? Just curious, as it didn't stop me from being warned recently for violating the linking rule (which I genuinely didn't understand was a straight "don't do it, ever" rule...I actually thought linking to support facts was ok).  I do appreciate you clearing up that it is not ok to link, ever.  Can someone change the TOS rules to say just that?  I just think it would be helpful but I obviously have no say in what the rules are.    
  • Options
    For the record, I can see both sides of this. Regs from other boards are clearly lurking here - if you weren't, you won't know a BSC thread from any others - so yea, it's a little annoying that you don't seem to care to get to know us at all or participate in anything else we talk about, but swoop in on a BSC thread because you've seemingly got all the answers.

On the other hand, I don't really GAF if you want to handle the weekend BSC. Like @swazzle, I'll pop over to CC from time to time and add a comment here and there (and @labro, I know you do too.) And, 98% of the time, anything I say over there gets zero comment/seems to be ignored. But I'm not a "reg" over there, so whatever. 

@Jells2dot0 - I'm not the mod of the WW board. I'm not going to mod a board that is not mine without reporting it - and since we can't report anything, I didn't do anything. Was @heffalump warned? Were any of the KGs alerted to the TOS violation? Because if the link was just deleted, without any of those things done, then there is a serious double standard - because one of the non-NEY "regs" did all the reporting/warning of one of our regs, as a result of their lurking on our board. It's not okay for our regs, it's not okay for your regs, full stop. If you don't want to do that, I'll gladly report that TOS violation as a non-WW reg, since it's perfectly fine to be done on this board.

I edited the link out but then had to run off to meetings. I cannot have my phone at work, so I couldn't take care of the official report or warning notification on the mod board, as mobile is the only thing that works. Well, now it's taken care of and properly noted.

If you go over to the mod board, you will see that as a way to get around the tech issues, we're all tagging @KnotHolly to take a look at posts. It's been like that for weeks. @KnotRiley made announcements on some boards that we were having issues. There are also multiple posts about it on the mod board. We're all helping each other out because of this tech mess. It's also well known that you are allowed to report something that is not on your own board. I report things on other boards all of the time (though I did not make the report on this board, whenever that was). Usually, the mod of the board will address the report, but it doesn't keep you from noticing TOS violations in other areas.

• Options
    For the record, I can see both sides of this. Regs from other boards are clearly lurking here - if you weren't, you won't know a BSC thread from any others - so yea, it's a little annoying that you don't seem to care to get to know us at all or participate in anything else we talk about, but swoop in on a BSC thread because you've seemingly got all the answers.

On the other hand, I don't really GAF if you want to handle the weekend BSC. Like @swazzle, I'll pop over to CC from time to time and add a comment here and there (and @labro, I know you do too.) And, 98% of the time, anything I say over there gets zero comment/seems to be ignored. But I'm not a "reg" over there, so whatever. 

@Jells2dot0 - I'm not the mod of the WW board. I'm not going to mod a board that is not mine without reporting it - and since we can't report anything, I didn't do anything. Was @heffalump warned? Were any of the KGs alerted to the TOS violation? Because if the link was just deleted, without any of those things done, then there is a serious double standard - because one of the non-NEY "regs" did all the reporting/warning of one of our regs, as a result of their lurking on our board. It's not okay for our regs, it's not okay for your regs, full stop. If you don't want to do that, I'll gladly report that TOS violation as a non-WW reg, since it's perfectly fine to be done on this board.

I edited the link out but then had to run off to meetings. I cannot have my phone at work, so I couldn't take care of the official report or warning notification on the mod board, as mobile is the only thing that works. Well, now it's taken care of and properly noted.

If you go over to the mod board, you will see that as a way to get around the tech issues, we're all tagging @KnotHolly to take a look at posts. It's been like that for weeks. @KnotRiley made announcements on some boards that we were having issues. There are also multiple posts about it on the mod board. We're all helping each other out because of this tech mess. It's also well known that you are allowed to report something that is not on your own board. I report things on other boards all of the time (though I did not make the report on this board, whenever that was). Usually, the mod of the board will address the report, but it doesn't keep you from noticing TOS violations in other areas.

So @Heffalump was or was not reported/warned? Or did you just remove the link and move on? And I didn't say I wouldn't report, I just said I wasn't going to actively mod - aka remove the link - on another board. I don't even do that here (unless @CocoBellaF specifically asks me to.) 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

So @Heffalump was or was not reported/warned? Or did you just remove the link and move on? And I didn't say I wouldn't report, I just said I wasn't going to actively mod - aka remove the link - on another board. I don't even do that here (unless @CocoBellaF specifically asks me to.) 

I asked KnotHolly to warn her, since I cannot because of the tech issues. So, not sure if it has been done yet, but it will be. You can see my post about it over on the mod board.

• Options
    Thank you - I looked when you initially removed the link, and there were no posts on either mod board. Because you didn't report it initially, you just deleted the link - so of course it hasn't been done yet because you just tagged @knotholly at 4:52pm. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Thank you - I looked when you initially removed the link, and there were no posts on either mod board. Because you didn't report it initially, you just deleted the link - so of course it hasn't been done yet because you just tagged @knotholly at 4:52pm. 

Like I said in my post above. I did it and then had to leave for meetings. I'm not being paid to be a mod, but I am being paid to attend these meetings at work. So, when I got back to my desk and logged on, voila!

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    I wasn't on here all weekend so I never even bothered to look at this thread until now.

I think it's kind of unnecessary to call out regs from other boards for commenting on this thread, if I'm being honest. We tell newbs all the time you can't tell people how to post so I think that should also be the case here and I don't really get what the big deal is.

Every now and then I pop over on CC or wherever and put in my $0.02 and my reaction to someone over there telling me I can't post on CC because I'm an NEY reg would be:

That said.....

1) It would be cool for regs from other boards to join in with our convos but I (now) fully understand why they wouldn't want to.

And 2) I think it's "laughable" that there's an obvious TOS violation on that thread on Wedding Woes but I guess it's OK since it's bashing NEY? I mean, even some of the almighty mods have commented on it so it's clearly OK to break that rule. /sarcasm

Stuck in a box..

I see what you did there. I am an almighty mod, yes. But I am not the mod of that board and therefore that violation is not my issue. There's nothing in the mod agreement saying that we cannot comment on threads with violations, so I don't understand your issue there. Also, form what I see, no one has actually reported that violation. You as a user, are more than welcome (encouraged, I'd say) to report posts that you feel are a violation of the TOS. I also don't understand sitting around here complaining about it when you couldn't be bothered to actually report it.

Other than that, as a reg poster elsewhere and periodic NEY lurker, I agree with you, Swazzle. I too don't understand why it's upsetting for regs here when non-regs post on newbie threads but not your regular threads. I mean, do you really care how my Wednesday is going? Can I come hang out with you guys at your Chicago GTG?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    CMGragain said:
    Ooooh, I think everybody is acting MEAN!  You should be nice to people!  Knot posters are so rude.  I feel sorry for your husbands!
    DUUUUUUUUUDE! You forgot to call everyone "ugly" and "bullies"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards