Not Engaged Yet

Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

Re: Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

• @swazzle as of now, I don't need to hunt you down for being a lying liar ;-)
  • @labro @eilis1228 we go down to the Bahamas during this particular time to be with H's family and because of the time share.  So we could plan another vacation but it's not the same at all.

@speakeasy14 We could go up to tonight, but there are shuttles taking us from the hotel to the venue, so we don't know if the shuttles will be going tomorrow night. Or would be even be able to drive from the hotel to the venue Will the venue even be able to get people there to work the wedding.  So many questions and unanswered things even if we could go up tomorrow night.

Anniversary

• @speakeasy14 Glad you're feeling better!

@wink0erin oh man, get home safe, will be thinking of ya

@peaseblossom55 boooo that stinks about the Bahamas. I love @labro 's idea that you should go to the Keys or something just to get away.

• @jenna8984 we could, if we are not going to the Bahamas we'd rather just save money and not go anywhere since the IVF is expensive and we don't know how many cycles it will take.  The Bahamas winds up being a very inexpensive vacation for us, other than flights and if we eat out we don't pay for much.  I'm in such a crappy mood today.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 I really AM sorry. I know the Bahamas is a tradition for your family. I hope you feel better when you get a break from work this weekend.

• I'm too lazy today to read everyone posts. I'm starting to get a little scared of Jonas. We have plenty of food (both stuff we'd need electricity to prepare and stuff we can eat out of a box). Snow is supposed to start at 1:30, so I'm heading home from work at noon. I'll park in one of the garages so I don't have to try to dig my car out on Monday. 

Then I'm walking to my hair appointment. I'll probably do a little shoveling when I get home, and then we hunker down and wait to see when the power goes out. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger I'm seriously sending all the vibes that you don't lose power!!!

• So this girl on another site just told me that she/her family doesn't celebrate any holidays because of their religion (unnamed). That everything comes from Pagan origins and they can't celebrate it. Ok I understand Christmas, Easter, Halloween. But seriously she included EVERYTHING such as 4th of July and Birthdays. How are those Pagan?! It makes me sad that her child doesn't have birthdays at the very least.

• @cu97tiger - Sending all the vibes that your power stays on through the storm! 

@Peaseblossom55 - I'm so sorry you're not able to go to the Bahamas :disappointed: 

• @jenna8984 Because it's all seen as worship of another entity...be that the government (4th of July), yourself (birthdays), etc. I think I know which group your talking about but I can't remember the name at all right now.

• @jenna8984 & @labro - Jehovah's Witness? I dated a guy that was JW for a while, and he didn't celebrate anything. Not even birthdays.

• @AlPacina He sounds like a huge hypocrite. Book of Mormon was just in Atlanta but I wasn't able to get tickets because I found out about the show too late in the game. :( I HOPE YOU LOVE THE SHIT OUT OF THAT SACRILEGIOUS SHOW!

• AlPacina said:
    @jenna8984 & @labro - Jehovah's Witness? I dated a guy that was JW for a while, and he didn't celebrate anything. Not even birthdays.
    That's the one!!!

• labro said:
    @jenna8984 Because it's all seen as worship of another entity...be that the government (4th of July), yourself (birthdays), etc. I think I know which group your talking about but I can't remember the name at all right now.
    ooooo. weird.... makes sense I guess but still seems so sad a life without holidays lol

• I can't imagine life without birthdays... Holidays sure, I mean I barely celebrate July 4th. But not celebrating birthdays?
    I'd be like

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @jenna8984 @labro Yes, it's Jehovah's Witness. A friend of mine growing up was JW. She was actually really normal and down to earth, and she didn't seem to mind the lack of birthdays and holidays. She wasn't allowed to watch a lot of popular TV shows (Boy Meets World is the one that specifically comes to mind), and I remember her complaining more about that than anything. She also wasn't allowed to have or attend sleepovers. I have no idea if the last two points were tied to the religion, or if her parents were just crazy strict. 

@AlPacina I've never seen it.  :( It's why H and our friend demanded we have the movie night. They both love the movie, and I'm really excited to finally watch it. eta: I AM SO JEALOUS YOU GET TO SEE BOOK OF MORMON! H and I tried to get tickets a couple of years ago when it was in town, and they sold out almost immediately and were crazy expensive. YOU ARE SO LUCKY! 
    (Pretend I inserted a gif here from the scene in Friends when Chandler asks Joey to trade lives with him as he's going in his room to pack for Yemen. I can't find one on the interwebs.)

@peaseblossom55 I forgot you guys had a timeshare there, I'm sorry! I definitely understand about needing to save money, but maybe you can guys could do a quick weekend getaway around that time so that you still have a fun vacation? *hugs* 

• @TwoDimes OMG that's one of the best faces I've ever seen! He's so serious compared to Callie!

• @TwoDimes Your nephew could be a meme! He's so expressive! I'll try and get a video and pic of Zoey next time. I didn't want to wake her up, so I stayed as still as possible. I am ridiculous, yes.

• @TwoDimes The latest weather update for Georgia is it's 34 degrees and still raining.

• @twodimes maybe I'm the only one that will see it, but he totally looks like a mini Mark Wahlburg!!

• @TwoDimes @Swazzle Honeyfund saved my marriage!! Without I never would have been able to pay off all that debt H didn't know about before we got married!

Don't worry, I wrote a thank you note to everyone for their generous donations.

• Ugh, I think I'm getting sick. I've been coughing all morning, and I'm so cold that I'm shivering even with my big coat on. I'm starting to get that light-headed feeling that I get when I have a cold.

• @TwoDimes @labro - I'm ahead of all that, thanks to my pre-planning! I have a Honeyfund and I email/message the people on our guest list with a link once a week.

The food and drinks (alcoholic and non) will be free for FI and myself but everyone else has to pay for whatever they want. We're not made of money! They should just be grateful we invited them.  

• @cu97tiger - I hope you stay warm and your power stays on.  I love that you are walking to your hair appointment still.  If all else fails, your hair will be lovely in the crisis.  ;)

@alpacina - I feel terrible for his wife and his kids...of course I think he only has boys so I guess I feel terrible for their future wives too.  Have fun at Book of Mormon!  

@TwoDimes - LOOK at that face!!!  Too much cuteness.  

@eilis1228 - Get lots of sleep tonight, and vitamin C and zinc.  
  • AlPacina said:
    Swazzle said:
    @TwoDimes - Oh of course! I bought my dress and booked the venue before I even met FI because DUH! 

We were unofficially engaged from the day we started dating so I went ahead and planned the guest list and booked the photographer, DJ, and florist (what he doesn't know won't hurt him, obviously!).

Now that the engagement is official (I finally have my ring of course), we're sending out save the dates for our June 2019 wedding and I couldn't be more excited! The venue I booked all those years ago only holds 100 people comfortably but we'll make it work for our 325 person guest list! Yay! 

I want to insert a gif, possibly someone famous giving a side eye or eyebrow raise, but I don't want @swazzle to think she's not welcome.
    @AlPacina We don't play favorites here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards