Not Engaged Yet

Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

Re: Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

• @AlPacina - Thank you for being conscious of my delicate feels. 

• My manager and my coworkers just kicked me out lol. I'm going to go work from home the rest of the day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @southernpeach89 - THANK YOU! Those look amazing. I've been looking for some good meatless options to save money, and those are getting pinned right this second!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors
  • Swazzle said:
    labro said:
    Swazzle said:
    @AlPacina - Thank you for being conscious of my delicate feels. 
    Is this some back-handed way of calling me a bitch?

Two Prince side eye gifs means you're going to storm off right?

• @wink0erin my feet react the worst too. These are the boots I got, and based off reviews they are good in the snow.  If these suck too, I'm just going to get a pair from LL Bean. 

@southernpeach89 it sounds like it may have worked then!

@peaseblossom55 that really sucks, but better safe than sorry.  Where is the wedding though?  Maybe it would be easier to go up today since it will be done by Sunday?
    Just do it. Those Kohl's boots won't be warm enough. I got these for Christmas and they're the warmest most amazing things I've ever put on my feets. 

*******************************************************************************************

• labro said:
    Swazzle said:
    labro said:
    Swazzle said:
    @AlPacina - Thank you for being conscious of my delicate feels. 
    Is this some back-handed way of calling me a bitch?

Two Prince side eye gifs means you're going to storm off right?

• @alpacina I am so jealous you're seeing Book of Mormon!!! Enjoy!!

I made it home, my Subaru is a BEAST in the snow. I left work at 11:20 and got home by noon. It's usually an 8 minute commute. Getting out of downtown was easier than expected, though when crossing a bridge a car in front of me was spinning out (they tried to get up the bridge by going 2mph, sorry folks, it doesn't work that way, you need momentum) but I was able to maneuver around without stopping.

Once I got over to the main road leading up toward my house all hell broke loose, a plow was in front of me so I drove behind it on the sweet, freshly plowed road. Then some dipshit who had been riding my ass since the bridge decided to pass me and the plow, fucker started to spin out. Serves him right. He then immedialtly went through a red light without any attempt to stop even though it had been red for a while. Non driving fool.

Cars were stopped all over the roadway. Some in ditches, some just stopped half in the road. I turned up to the hill I needed to climb to get home and it seemed clear until halfway, when more brilliant folks were spinning tires and stopped in the middle of the road. Thankfully the cars in front of me navigated around, I did the same. Then I noticed a woman trying to walk up the hill. She wasn't wearing snowboots or a winter coat, just a light trenchcoat. I had slowed to a stop to wait for other vehicles to maneuver up ahead so that I could keep momentum the rest of the way up, so I offered her a ride, which she declined because she "lives too far" and I insisted she get in and at least take her part of the way.

So I made it up the hill, maneuvered around someone who was legit stopped in the middle of the road trying to come downhill (bad idea buddy) and the rest of the way was mostly flat with some curves. Dropped the lady off, she was thankful, and now I'm in my house wearing no pants.

Good day so far.

• Sorry for the novel, I just had a lot of driving stories. Here are pictures, which may or may not be out of order since I'm on mobile:

• @wink0erin I'm so glad you made it home safely!! And yay for no pants! I've been wearing leggings and a giant "White and Nerdy" sweatshirt all day. It's the only kind of WFH outfit there is.

• @labro It was out of sheer laziness after taking my work pants off and the fact my sweater is huge today. Now that my legs are cold I need to get up and put on sweatpants but I might just wrap up in a blanket instead. But I'm also hungry and want food. Why can't I have Alex Mack superpowers to make things come to me?

• @swazzle so what's your theme going to be?  Make sure you have even sides for bridal party.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @GoldenPenguin The link isn't working.  But I think I'm going to get these.  Then at least I'll have a good pair of boots. 
  • @wink0erin I'm glad you made it home!
  • @GoldenPenguin The link isn't working.  But I think I'm going to get these.  Then at least I'll have a good pair of boots. 
    THOSE ARE THE ONES!!! They're seriously AAAAAAHHHHMazing. I can't say enough good things. 

*******************************************************************************************

• I'm late to the party today but honestly didn't think I was going to make it lol!!

Dumb question, is the upcoming storm bad because places it's hitting aren't accustomed to the heavy snowfall? I'm asking in sheer fact because by the sounds of it, you're getting less than where I live gets and it's a huge issue. Just trying to figure it out :)

Not much last night. Groceries and luckily under budget {yesssss} Still can't figure it out but we didn't get taxed. Not going to do anything because less money spent lol

I'm at a different office today and things are weirddddd. Matt may pick me up but I told him it's pretty out of the way .... so idk.

Saturday is cleaning and then launch party for new teas. Sunday I'm meeting a friend for coffee before she goes to work. She said she has something for me, and I was kinda hoping something wedding related but that'd be too early as they're planning a possible wedding for Feb 2017 Oh well, I'm excited to see her regardless :)

Hate to post and run but lots to do!
  • @MissKittyDanger parts of the places being hit, usually don't get a lot of snow.  By me we always get snow, but it seems people forget how to drive every winter, so accidents triple as soon as it starts snowing. That and Pennsylvania doesn't know how to treat roads.  
  • wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @MissKittyDanger My area always gets at least one big snow every year and several small snows, but people still lose their minds. Mostly has to do with snow falling too quickly for the plows/salt trucks to keep up or if it all melts and refreezes into ice. There was barely any snow this morning when I left for work and the roads were clear and dry, and within 2 hours there was a half foot on the ground. So a lot of people left their homes thinking they'd be fine and then they got stuck trying to get back home. 

Edit: Also, I live in a very hilly area, so there are tons of steep hills and curvy roads. 

• @speakeasy14  @wink0erin  Ahhh okay! Thanks for clearing that up ladies :) I saw the system moving in and wasn't sure!
  • Soooooooooo I'm super late to the party. I'm still at work. Everyone else left ahead of the storm, but our county decided to stay open. Every surrounding county closed early, including the feds, but we're open. Then at 2 they were all "We're closing!" And I got excited. Only to find out we were only closing our counters to the public but I still had to stay. They keep trying to kick me out, but I don't have enough leave to burn and still be able to take off next Friday to see my @swazzle @csousa1 @Hummingbird125 and @buddysmom80 so I'm keeping my ass here. Plus I only live 2.6 miles from my office so I should be ok. Even if I have to hoof it, it won't be so bad. 
    It's getting really bad out there though, and I'm honestly a bit peeved we're still open.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 That's just insane. I honestly can't believe there hasn't been a directive from the state for everyone to go home!!!

• @beanbot2002 That's actually insane....I'm looking at the radar over VA right now and it's ugly. It's just ridiculous they won't just pay you for the full day.

• I'm the last standing employee in the office, I think. I live 2.6 miles away, so I should be ok, but I could also not be ok. My little corolla does surprisingly well in the snow. Its just that the snow that is packing down is VERY icy and slippery. That's the only thing I'm worried about.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 Just go very very slowly ok? Don't rush things! I just want you to get home safely when you do leave! Hopefully because of all the pre-warnings there won't be many people on the road.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards