Not Engaged Yet

*FacePalms*

So I saw this on another forum I lurk on - What are some of your own personal "I'm an idiot" moments. Like, the most ridiculous things that you thought when you were younger & then had an "a-ha!" moment in adulthood, or things that you have said that have made you want to crawl under a rock and die. 

I'll start.

When I was little, and looked at old pictures of my parents & grandparents that were in black & white, I actually thought the world was black & white. I said to my mom "It's sad that you had to grow up with no color." 

When I was like 9 or 10, I wanted those things on the spokes of my bike that made the clinking noise. You know, these stupid things:

My mom said no because they were annoying (they were.) So, one day, I'm riding my bike and think "I bet if I put my foot out to rub on the spokes, it'll make that same noise." It didn't. The spokes caught my foot, stopped the bike right on the spot, and I flipped over the handle bars. I never told anyone because I thought I would get in trouble for making such a stupid decision. Ah, youth.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: *FacePalms*

• wink0erin said:
    @GoldenPenguin I also thought the world used to be black and white. I also was mind blown that my parents were alive for certain events that I thought were soooo long ago, like Martin Luther King Jr's I have a dream speech or the moon landing.

I'm boring and can't think of any "i'm an idiot" moments right now, aside from maybe thinking that I could get out of every tree I climbed. Climbing up, easy. Down? HARD. 

This is cracking me UP. Probably because I had the same mindset as a child. LOL

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• caseface5 said:
    I could play this all day. When I was growing up I thought the President's name was Baracko Bama.

How young are you?! He's only been pres since I was 22 lol

• I was a senior in HS when he was elected
  • labro said:

That time I was hanging out with @ollie08 and I pronounced NEY like NEIGH like a horse and not N-E-Y as in spelling out the letters. Never living that one down.
    That time I admitted I pronounce NEY as knee....
    That one is my favorite. I'm glad we can be on this boat together. <3

• @labro oh yea I'm a NEIGHer all day!

oh, one time at a restaurant I looked at the menu and asked my friend "what the hell is gel-uh-toe?!" I'd never heard of gelato.

• @jenna8984 I thought the same about Rescue 911, and I LOVED that show. 

I also loved all the unsolved mysteries/weird occurrences types of shows, but I don't know if it was the show Unsolved Mysteries or some other show. In one episode a girl dreamed about buying strawberries and then her family got in a bad car wreck or something, but one day she and her family actually go and buy strawberries and there is a terrible car accident, but they somehow avoided it because she was freaking out about it. I don't know, I was probably 8 years old and that shit has stuck with me. 

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    OOOOOPS! I didn't mean while he is President, I meant before lol. I am 27 for the record, not super young. Maybe the phrase "while growing up" wasn't the correct one. HAHA sorry!

ETA: like @TwoDimes I voted in both elections as well.. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro - I was also pronouncing Bruschi like "bru-shee".  *hangs head in shame*

• wink0erin said:
    @labro We pronounce things the same way... I've always called NEY "neigh..." which was why I found engagement ponies especially funny. I also was pronouncing Bruschi like "bru-shee." I am so ashamed.
    To be fair, my friend married and her new last name is Boschi. So naturally I assumed it was pronounced like Bruschi. But it's not, it's Bossy. So right and wrong aren't always right and wrong!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards