Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday

Morning! How goes it? 

Not a whole lot going on here. I haven't gotten a lot of sleep this week and can't wait until Saturday when I don't have to set an alarm. 

Last night, H's friend came over to watch Survivor with us. He's been dating one of the people on this season off an on for about 4 years and I've met her a couple times so even though I haven't watched the last 2 seasons, I'm definitely watching this one. We ordered pizza and drank beer and it was a fun night. 

Tonight I have an eyebrow appointment and I need to get my 'stache handled ASAP. 

That's really all I got today. 

Re: Thursday

• Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday was so busy at work, and today might be more of the same.  Sitting here at my desk about to dive in to work, wishing I had some OJ.

It's going to be 78 degrees today!!!!  I can't wait.  Too bad I have to teach lessons after work, or else I'd go and sit in the backyard and let the pups run around for a while.

Can't wait for the weekend.  Almost here!

@Swazzle - what kind of pizza?  I got pizza last night, but it was just thin crust cheese with no sauce (makes me sick), so not really pizza...
  • Options
    @Swazzle My eyebrows are so out of control....you would be ashamed of me. I can't remember the last time they were professionally handled lol.

Last night DH steamed cleaned our carpet and it got all of Maddux's mess up but there is still a stain there...UGH!!!! I'm going to go over it again tonight but I think our steam cleaner is kind of clogged up and needs to be emptied. I also tried to paint our ceiling and failed so I need to go at it again tonight and see what I can get done.

Friday we are seeing an accountant to do our taxes so I have to compile all our documents. Hopefully we will get a nice return this year since we bought a house and had a baby and such lol. We will see. Usually we get a nice return from all the interest I pay from my student loans and DH is a student this year too. He doesn't have loans but he pays a butt load of money for tuition so maybe something can come from that?
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - I need to get all our tax stuff together this weekend too!  Thanks for the reminder!

Does anyone know if I should print off something to show the thousands I spent on the tumor and surgery from last year?  Does that count for anything?
  • Options
    A couple things...

I just made cinnamon bunn coffee and I'm in heaven but then I realized that I don't like my outfit today because it makes me look like I smeared paste off over myself. I need a tan.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - Extra cheese and pepperoni! Second time this week that I had pizza and I don't even feel bad. Your weather sounds incredible! I can't wait for summer. I don't know anything about medical bills + taxes but I don't think it can hurt to include it.

@southernpeach89 - You should handle that! Taxes suck but yay for getting a refund! I want that coffee. 

@minskat30 - That must have felt so good to hear! You're amazing :smile: 

• Options
    @cocobellaf - I think you can deduct medical expenses if you itemize your deductions. If you take the standard deduction, then you can't. A tax professional would need to determine which one would be better for you.

Last night I realized that something was going on with Fritz's paw when Freddie kept licking it. After some investigation, it seems his dew claw has completely ripped off. I have to take him to the vet after work today.

My new medication keeps me up SO late. I was wide awake at 11p last night so I'm dragging a little today. Hopefully I'm able to stay up tonight, too, though, because I have a bunch of things to get done: gathering our tax information, putting away my clothes from my trip, emptying the dishwasher. Life is so glamorous!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Good morning! Last night H and I went for a walk around our neighborhood, cooked dinner (fried egg sandwich with some cheese, avocado, and chicken sausage - YUM) and watched Survivor. While we were on our walk I mentioned to him that some of us are planning an Austin GTG and he actually didn't freak out! So that was kind of a pleasant surprise. Tonight I have Bunco so it'll be a late night but I hope to win some money!!

@swazzle - That's so crazy that you know someone on the show! H and I watched Survivor too last night and it TOTALLY freaked me out when that girl got a bug stuck in her ear. I would have called a medic within 5 seconds.
    @southernpeach89 - Good luck with your taxes. Buying a home did absolutely nothing for us, but maybe you guys will be luckier!
    @minskat30 - That's so sweet! And great motivation too! :)

• Options
    @cu97tiger - Oh no! Poor Fritz! I hope everything goes well at the vet. 

@beachyone15 - I was totally screaming at that girl, "OH MY GOD. IF YOU'RE CRYING ON THE FIRST DAY, YOU NEED TO GO HOME." And then they showed the bug. And I was like "Cry away, girl. Cry. Away." So gross! 

@caseface5 - Great job on the loss! 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 I LOVE that first dress! It looks beautiful on you!
  • Options
    @cu97tiger oh no, poor Fritz.  Hope the vet is able to bandage him up so he can heal quickly!

@caseface5 your whole post is awesome! So glad for positive changes at your job and congrats on the weight loss!
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - I love #1 and #3!

• Options
    @minskat30  I would have hugged her or cried. Matt and I joke that I'll be an emotional pregnant lady lol

@swazzle @southernpeach89  I feel you on the brow situation. I just got my brows done last night and it had been since November that I'd got mine done!

So last night I got my nails done. Teal with a bow. Basically wedding nails but different colours. Plus - as mentioned above - I got my brows done. Damn that freakin hurts!

Matt had gone out with the guys. One needed help to get his truck after the horrible snowfall, and another was still reeling from a recent breakup. He got more info and apparently it really was out of left field that even her dad was wondering where the hell it came from!
    Luckily he was able to get the deposit from their apartment back and returned the furniture they'd bought, but still sucks for him.

While he was out I packed. Everything is packed in the suitcase! If we get any souvenirs we'll just put in our carry on, since I left space.

Side note; With NYFW a lot of companies have released their spring lines and I saw some pants that are just too cute .... and too expensive :(

Banana republic $124 guhh! Cannot justify spending that on one pair of pants, damn.
  • Options
    @swazzsle - So cool to know someone from Survivor in real life!

@cocobellaf - Are you generally feeling better? Able to keep more food down?

@southernpeach89 - Girllll I haven't touched my brows or 'stache since my wedding. I have really dark hair. They are out of control. Good luck with your taxes!

@minskat30 - Awwww so sweet!! I would have cried if someone said that to me too!

@cu97tiger - Aww poor Froitz! Good luck at the vet. Is the new medication somethign you have to beon for a long time or just temporary? I hope you can get to bed at a decent hour tonight!

@beachyone15 - OMG that dinner sound amazing!

@caseface5 - I thought this was supposed to be a slow week for you! Boo! Also CONGRATS on the loss!!

@speakeasy14 - I love #1 and #3!

The train is ridiculously delayed today....most people are not even at work yet. Coincidentally H offered to drive me into work today so that was a win for me and my commute.

I don't think I've mentioned this here but H and I decided to start couples therapy last month because during the holidays we found ourselves in some bad patterns communication-wise. Today was our 3rd session and I have to say I have seen such a HUGE change! Our therapist was very pleased and we agreed to schedule our next appointment for 2 weeks out and kind of just keep doing check ins as needed after that. I was embarrassed to go to therapy so early, but seeing how quickly we have been able to make changes makes me feel better that we did the smart thing by going in early instead of letting things get really bad.

There is a weird smell around my desk today and I can't tell if it's something from me or what. I'm wearing all clean clothes and I washed my hair last night! Now I'm all paranoid that I smell....

• Options
    @speakeasy14 1 & 3 and 4 as a wild card!
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - Nope, still battling the sickness every day.  At least I'm almost halfway through.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - There's both a Lifetime Learning Credit for grad students and a tuition and fees deduction, so you should get something for your H being a student!

@CocoBellaF - Yes, print it out and take it.  I've written off medical expenses before, in 2010, when I had crappy health insurance + pneumonia + the flu + migraines that required multiple CT scans and an MRI all in one year.

@caseface5 - Congratulations on meeting your first goal!!

@speakeasy14 - I love the first two dresses so much!  I think they're all super flattering (except the last one, you're right...but your disgusted face is amazing!).

@MissKittyDanger - I have also seen and am obsessed with those pants (and the skirt in the same pattern).  But you're right...BR is hugely overpriced when it comes to stuff like that.  I usually check their website regularly because they'll frequently have codes for 40% off.

Hi everybody!

Not much going on here today.  I have class all day, then I'm going to try to go for a run.  I'm also attempting to tackle my enormous to-do list over the next few days so I can go to Dubai guilt-free!  That means a lot of grading and class prep and some research.  I've got a pretty good handle on it so far, so I just need to keep the momentum going (and work from home most of the weekend, booooo).  But it's all worth it to be able to get on the plane and not have to take any work with me.

I am taking tomorrow afternoon off to get my hair done.  I'm getting extensions!  I am super excited because I've never had them before, and I've always wanted really long hair.  I'm a little worried about the maintenance though.  Has anybody ever had them and have tips for taking care of them?
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger just wait a few weeks till they go on sale then snatch them up!

@jenjen047 you shouldn't be embarrassed at all.  It's actually highly recommended that couples go through counseling and/or therapy prior to getting married.  I'm glad that it is helping and your relationship has strengthened. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - Dress #1 is incredible! Pick that one! She did well, she's on the beauty tribe and they came in 2nd in the challenge so they didn't have to send anyone home. 

@MissKittyDanger - I go every 3 weeks so mine aren't ever really out of control. November is a long time! 

@jenjen047 - Glad therapy is going well! 

@futuremrshistorian - Can't wait to see how your hair comes out!

• Options
    @jenjen047 - I think that's really great and shows your level of commitment to each other. And I bet it probably took fewer sessions since you were so proactive about addressing the issue(s).
    @futuremrshistorian - I can't wait to see your hair! I've never had extensions either, but it seems so common that I can't imagine it being too much trouble.

• Options
    @jenjen047 - It's something I take from time to time for ADHD. I'm not going to be able to take it during my IVF cycle, so I don't take it regularly. I'm still trying to figure out if it really helps me or just gives me energy/keeps me up. Kudos to you and your H for starting therapy. I believe my H needs to go, and I'd be willing to go with him, if that would make him more comfortable, but he's just not there yet. He's a very introverted person, so sharing personal details with a stranger is NOT comfortable for him. 

@speakeasy14 - YESSSS WINNNNEEEEE. I love #1 and #3. I'm not sure what body types the other BMs have but unfortunately all four of those dresses would look hideous on me. Stupid weird body.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @cu97tiger yeah I keep trying to sway the bride towards just letting everyone get what works for them.  If she goes with same for all, I'd say #3 or #4, but I'm probably not the best model to base it off since I'm short and curvy.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian  @speakeasy14  I think I'll end up trying them on to see if they're worth keeping an eye out for. It's crazy I rarely like BR stuff, but if you ladies say there's sale often I will keep an eye out!

@swazzle I'm lucky I'm blonde and I do try to touch up here and there where it's needed, but I swear it's never been that long lmao!
  • Options
    @helloliv Omg that stuffed chicken is adorable!!! <3 Such a perfect gift!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards