Chit Chat
Options

S/O Post- Thoughts on Birth Control?

1234568»

Re: S/O Post- Thoughts on Birth Control?

• Options
    I don't need birth control because I'm half of a same sex relationship. But--in case anyone has similar health issues I wanted to share. Im almost 35, in the early stages of perimenopause, and have crazy irregular periods with heavy bleeding and pain. Also hot flashes. So many hot flashes. I'm still ovulating, but it's all over the place. 17 day cycle, 24 day cycle, 31 day cycle, 21 day cycle...I used to be clockwork regular until I turned 33.

Since we are going to start looking for a sperm donor and start trying for a baby next year there isn't much point in going on the pill. What worked better, and stabilized my hormones, was a very low dose of Prozac. I had no clue it could help regulate without losing ovulation.

• Options
    I don't need birth control because I'm half of a same sex relationship. But--in case anyone has similar health issues I wanted to share. Im almost 35, in the early stages of perimenopause, and have crazy irregular periods with heavy bleeding and pain. Also hot flashes. So many hot flashes. I'm still ovulating, but it's all over the place. 17 day cycle, 24 day cycle, 31 day cycle, 21 day cycle...I used to be clockwork regular until I turned 33.

Since we are going to start looking for a sperm donor and start trying for a baby next year there isn't much point in going on the pill. What worked better, and stabilized my hormones, was a very low dose of Prozac. I had no clue it could help regulate without losing ovulation.

Wow, I didn't know that either.  I guess I have more literature to read:)  (I've done research in abnormal psychology.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards