Chit Chat

Favorite Things

I feel like a bitch a lot. So I'm thinking about my favorite things. What are yours?

Me - new car smell. True new car smell, that fake shit sucks. Eating ice cream in bed. For some reason it's so much more satisfying to eat the same ice cream at the same time in bed as it is the couch or table. Laying down in bed after a long day when your back kind of hurts in a good way. Dogs. Any dogs doing anything, but especially laying on the ground and getting lovingly mauled by an excited dog or 17.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Favorite Things

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016

The feeling I get AFTER a workout. But nothing leading up to it, NOTHING at all (wait, was that a negative in a positive thread?), dining out, kids who say the darndest things (not the tv show but actual kids I know), the "take off" for vacation, and finding a sugar free or low carb item that tastes like real food.

edit: spelling

• A lazy weekend day at home with nothing to do but drink mimosas all day.
    • Hitting a 4-of-a-kind or better on video poker.
    • Kentucky Fried Chicken - Original recipe with mashed potatoes and gravy.
    • Walking around the neighborhood, especially to the local coffee house, with my husband and our dog.
    • My dog's utter joy every time I come home.  Even on my worst days that lifts my spirits.
    • My cat curling into a little ball on my lap and falling asleep.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The feeling I get AFTER a workout. But nothing leading up to it, NOTHING at all (wait, was that a negative in a positive thread?), dining out, kids who say the darndest things (not the tv show but actual kids I know), the "take off" for vacation, and finding a sugar free or low carb item that tastes like real food.

If you have a Winn Dixie around you, I just tried the no sugar added Oatmeal Raisin cookies that come out of their bakery.  Insane, insane how good they are for only 2g sugar per cookie.  Perfect soft consistency.  I would never have guessed them to be sugar free.  Even my H, who never likes that kind of stuff, liked these cookies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The feeling I get AFTER a workout. But nothing leading up to it, NOTHING at all (wait, was that a negative in a positive thread?), dining out, kids who say the darndest things (not the tv show but actual kids I know), the "take off" for vacation, and finding a sugar free or low carb item that tastes like real food.

If you have a Winn Dixie around you, I just tried the no sugar added Oatmeal Raisin cookies that come out of their bakery.  Insane, insane how good they are for only 2g sugar per cookie.  Perfect soft consistency.  I would never have guessed them to be sugar free.  Even my H, who never likes that kind of stuff, liked these cookies.
    The grocery store?  Sadly no, but I'll be in Orlando on January.  I'll be sure to make whomever is driving me around stop for this! Thanks!

• I'm with you about the dogs, @ShesSoCold ...

- Dogs are the best. On Friday afternoons, when I have a few minutes left at work, I like to go on the humane society website and look at all the dogs that were adopted during the week (if I look at the dogs available for adoption, I get sad that I can't ADOPT THEM ALL).

- That feeling you get after a run. The running itself is nice too, but I really do it for the endorphins.

- Warm summer nights, when you can sit outside after the sun goes down in shorts and a t-shirt, preferably with a cold IPA.
    BabyFruit Ticker

- Dogs are the best. On Friday afternoons, when I have a few minutes left at work, I like to go on the humane society website and look at all the dogs that were adopted during the week (if I look at the dogs available for adoption, I get sad that I can't ADOPT THEM ALL).

- That feeling you get after a run. The running itself is nice too, but I really do it for the endorphins.

- Warm summer nights, when you can sit outside after the sun goes down in shorts and a t-shirt, preferably with a cold IPA.
    Yes!  It's been so long I have forgotten what that feels like.

• I LOVE the smell of car heaters, always have. 

Finishing a good book. 

Watching my younger daughters dance recitals, and my older daughter get a new skill at gymnastics. 

Netflixing with my husband. 

Eggs Benidict. 

Warmth.  I agree with the person who said its been cold for too long (I'm also in the Chicago Burbs. 
  • Taking my bra off after a day at work. 

Binging on Gilmore Girls re-runs and drinking wine when my husband isn't around. 

Drinking wine with my husband. 

Long walks outside (not on the beach, in the city or parks or in the woods). 

We're getting a taste of spring in the northwest... Mid-60s and sunny today!

I just came home for lunch to find the animals outside, the grass mowed, and the raised beds almost prepped. I LOVE SPRING!

Here are pictures of animals and sunshine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Taking my bra off after a day at work. 

Binging on Gilmore Girls re-runs and drinking wine when my husband isn't around. 

Drinking wine with my husband. 

Long walks outside (not on the beach, in the city or parks or in the woods). 
    We could be really good friends. I did this last night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited March 2016
    Honest laughter.

Date nights with FW.

Our animals.

Buying gifts for people.

Libraries and bookstores.

Thrifting.

Doctor Who (as you might have guessed from my Save the Date in the DIY thread).

Puns.

That feeling when you've accomplished everything you set out to do for the day.

Paycheck Friday.

Sleeping in.

Driving with the windows down and music on top volume.

Potato chips and French onion dip.

Cheese in any form.

My white noise app, specifically the mix I made of the sounds of a vacuum cleaner, a clothes dryer, and a dishwasher.
  • Coming home after a long day to see my dogs stupid smile.  He shows all his teeth and it looks like he's scary and snarling, but that's really his happiest, happiest smile. And seeing my other dog jump around in twisty circles when she smells chicken cooking.

Getting home, taking off bra, getting into comfy pajamas and just vegging out at home all evening with a good book or tv show. Even better if DH is cuddled up next to me (as long as he doesn't talk to me while I'm reading).

A clean house.  Like right after you deep clean and everything is in the right spot.  I wish I could preserve that state of being.

Homemade pumpkin pie.

The smell of an old favorite book.

A bed that has freshly washed sheets on it.

• Chocolate

Cookies

Cuddling

Wine (usually Zenato Amarone ... but I will drink anything red)

Organizing

Laundry (I know ... weird)

Reading the paper with a cup of coffee

Waking up without an alarm

Lego

Cardstock

Pasta

Adrenaline that comes when I'm in the code rooms at work and things are going well

Big puffy veins ...

I just came home for lunch to find the animals outside, the grass mowed, and the raised beds almost prepped. I LOVE SPRING!

Lucky you, I just heard that we are getting snow on Sunday. Speaking of, another favorite thing of mine is staying home on a snowy day with lots of snacks, wine and movies. I love snow days where I don't have to go anywhere.
  • I'll shall sing mine

Chocolate and carmel
    And whiskey and kittens
    Reruns of Little house
    And visiting Great Britain*
    Bacon and orgasms and gardening in spring
    These are a few of my favorite things

*I did truly love visiting, it was also the only thing I could find that rhymed with kitten, because I really don't like mittens

Also in the PNW! I've already started my garden. I put in the starters from the tilth fair in this week (we cover them at night) and my house is covered in pots of starters I did myself.  So excited for my garden this year. 

• Red wine and a really bloody steak.

The feeling I get after playing really well in a netball match. Obviously I love to win, but I'm okay with losing if I can walk away knowing I played well for me.

Paid time off...

Spending with FI at the local bar. It has a jukrbox so we like to spend the night curating our own playlist.

When BFF gets a 'night off' from the kids to play with me. Which is happening tonight, yay!

Also in the PNW! I've already started my garden. I put in the starters from the tilth fair in this week (we cover them at night) and my house is covered in pots of starters I did myself.  So excited for my garden this year. 
    Started my garden last week! It's only tiny but city living means I've gone without one for 10yrs and it is so theraputic! What do you guys plant? I planted chillies, chives, spinach and spring onions this year. I'm sure they won't come to much but I want to give it a go. Our next door neighbours are in their 90's so I was thinking of doing theirs for them too as I'm enjoying it so much and both of them together are so small it won't be that big a job.

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016

I'm with you about the dogs, @ShesSoCold ...

Started my garden last week! It's only tiny but city living means I've gone without one for 10yrs and it is so theraputic! What do you guys plant? I planted chillies, chives, spinach and spring onions this year. I'm sure they won't come to much but I want to give it a go. Our next door neighbours are in their 90's so I was thinking of doing theirs for them too as I'm enjoying it so much and both of them together are so small it won't be that big a job.
    Outside in the ground we have beets, broccoli, snap peas, lettuce, spinach and kale. Inside I have starters for 5 different heirloom tomatoes, tomatillos, cucumber, zucchini and summer squash.  Once it geta warmer I will be planting green beans and carrots. We also have a prolific grape vine and a strawberry patch I've been trying to grow. 

We rent a tiny house in the city but it has these amazing raised garden beds built by the landlord so I make the most of it. 

We also have lots of herbs in pots and a wildflower and sundlower patch (I LOVE sunflowers ), a huge rosemary and sage bush (both came with the house) and I'm trying to get thyme and basil to take root as well. 

BF has begged me not to go to the Lowe's garden center by myself anymore.  He's right, I need a voice of reason.

Outside in the ground we have beets, broccoli, snap peas, lettuce, spinach and kale. Inside I have starters for 5 different heirloom tomatoes, tomatillos, cucumber, zucchini and summer squash.  Once it geta warmer I will be planting green beans and carrots. We also have a prolific grape vine and a strawberry patch I've been trying to grow. 

We rent a tiny house in the city but it has these amazing raised garden beds built by the landlord so I make the most of it. 

We also have lots of herbs in pots and a wildflower and sundlower patch (I LOVE sunflowers ), a huge rosemary and sage bush (both came with the house) and I'm trying to get thyme and basil to take root as well. 

BF has begged me not to go to the Lowe's garden center by myself anymore.  He's right, I need a voice of reason.
    Wow! I'm jealous. We have very little sun (lots of trees). I do have an area where I plant herbs every year. I wish basil was a perennial and hardier because I use a lot of fresh basil. Good luck with that awesome garden!
  • My dog. He's pretty darn close to my most favorite thing in the world. He's got the cutest teddy bear face and loves to give kisses. And at 15 pounds, he's the best little lap dog. I can be having the worst day and as soon as I get home and see him, I feel instantly better.

Doing laundry is another favorite thing. It feels so good to look in your closet and see that all your favorite clothes are clean and you can wear anything you want.

Going out to dinner

Going wine tasting with my husband - we live in such a gorgeous area with some phenomenal wine

Wearing dresses in the summertime

The smell of limes 

• These 2 are definitely on my favorite things list:

Also, drinking wine and binging on Netflix or HGTV.
    The feeling of getting into a swimming pool after I've been laying out.
    The smell of new tires, new car, or new carpet (very similar smells to me)
    DH's laugh when he thinks something is REALLY funny. It is contagious.
    Taking my bra off literally as soon as I get home from work, and then putting one of DH's shirts on.

• getting into a warm car - usually spring or fall when it isn't quite warm outside but the sun makes the car feel so warm I just want to take a nap
  • Good wine. We often buy the cheap stuff (or cheap-ER), but when we have a nice occasion and break out the good stuff, it's magical. I wish I could be happy in the cheaper wine bracket!

Sunshine. It's usually sunny here. Even when its -30. But it is nicer when it's sunny and warm.

Hugs. From literally anyone. It feels so personal and close, and I love hugging my friends. Happy or sad hugs.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    Cats, glass paperweights, chocolate, sipping pina coladas on the balcony of a cruise ship.
    Finding a bargain while shopping gives me a charge.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • These 2 are definitely on my favorite things list:

Taking my bra off literally as soon as I get home from work, and then putting one of DH's shirts on.
    EEK! Your pups are adorable! What kind are they?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited March 2016
    These 2 are definitely on my favorite things list:

EEK! Your pups are adorable! What kind are they?
    Thank you @madamerwin :smiley:Rayna (the lighter one) is a boxer mix and Jackie (the darker one) is a pitbull mix. They are 2 of the biggest sweetest babies I have ever met. Rayna thinks she is a lap dog lol

ETA - Is your dog a pit mix??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards