Not Engaged Yet

Marvelous Monday

Re: Marvelous Monday

• @labro - Brain cells, schmain cells!

I HATE forgetting to put my ring back on (not an e/w-ring obviously, just my every day ring), and it makes me feel like my hands are off balance or something. Not pleasant.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @cu97tiger Well I held to it for awhile but I didn't keep my mouth shut entirely unfortunately! I lasted through the really terrible racist stuff somehow...but then when my one uncle started going off on how people shouldn't be protesting Trump I definitely lost my cool and couldn't keep it in anymore!

• @wink0erin omg I can relate! My mom filled her dining room with stuff that was "mine."  I ended up leaving half of the boxes because it was stuff I didn't want or have space for.  She still keeps trying to pawn it off on me.  I just keep telling her to sell or donate them. 

@AlPacina I was going to like your post but instead

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @AlPacina The silly thing is I didn't wear it all day yesterday because we were painting but I guess I just really like to play with them at work because it is seriously throwing me off right now!

• @wink0erin I would have been very stressed out having all that stuff dumped in my house as well. I'm already worried about MIL trying to buy us a bunch of crap when we finally get a house. I think gift giving is like her love language but I want us to pick out our own decor/furnishings for our home. It's kind of an irrational irritation of mine- having to keep something and display it because it was a gift. 

• @AlPacina I was going to like your post but instead

(Fuck, is 26 old? I'm not ready to die yet!)

• @cu97tiger and @AlPacina - I wish I could take credit for making that painting, but it's definitely not my work! Lol.

@AlPacina - I love Married at First Sight, but it's frustrating as hell to watch. I feel like all the couples do really stupid things that are obviously going to hurt their marriages. But I still can't turn away.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @AlPacina - I haven't seen Married at First Sight but my BFF is obsessed with it and seriously wants to go on it. I think she's a little nuts. 

• @beachyone15 - I'm only halfway through the first season, but seriously, if Cortney and Jason don't make it I'm probably just going to give up on life.

@Swazzle - I smile a ton when I'm watching the show because so many sweet moments happen. But at the same time, I can't believe that there is any way you'd feel a genuine connection to this new person with cameras in your face the whole time. I dunno. I don't think your friend should go on it, haha.

• @cu97tiger - I went during the "two week wait" without alcohol for several months when trying to get pregnant and it was terrible combined with the stress of negative tests.  I gave that up after a few months of no luck and I, honestly, had a little bit of a blow out weekend a few days before I got a positive pregnancy test with Ani (I was testing every day so it was probably 10 days into fertilization or so, so I'm not worried since I gave it up cold turkey when I got the faintest of faintest lines).  I would say don't worry about it because IVF is difficult enough to do without drinking but I know how much time/money/heart you have invested in this process and there is a little (little being the key word here) evidence that alcohol (BUT what I've read said "excessive" alcohol not any alcohol) can inhibit the fertilized egg attaching.  I doubt a glass of wine or two is going to impact much to be honest.  If you give it up, I'll be right there along with you on the sober train if that helps.  ;)

@labro - My bathroom is doomed, I agree.  Damn project is taking forever.  At least the nursery is starting to come together.  I need to get a side table for the glider and am thinking of THIS one.  
  • @speakeasy14 My mom even brought a bag of groceries, things I would "definitely" use. I won't use any of it! I appreciate the thought, but it will all go to waste unless I donate it. Most of the things I end up tossing or donating are things my well-meaning mom has given me.

Her new thing has been unloading family heirlooms on me, which passes the guilt to me. Yes, I have a house. But it is NOT a mansion!

• AlPacina said:

Yes, even though I'm older haha

• AlPacina said:
    AlPacina said:

Yes, even though I'm older haha

• @cu97tiger I eat deserts on special occasions but that's basically it lol otherwise I live day to day dessert free! I eat pasta and at least twice a week and an alcohol-free existence sounds horrible to me! 
  • @minskat30 - The only reason I'm giving up alcohol completely during the IVF cycle is because I tend to be dehydrated. Alcohol only exacerbates that, so I'll err on the side of caution and not drink at all during that time. I have a wedding to go to around 10 days after what would be considered 'conception' and I do plan on having a couple sips of champagne to toast the couple.

Also, you're totally in the clear! Blood flow to the fetus doesn't start until around 5 weeks, so your alcohol at 3 weeks + 3 days is NBD ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• AlPacina said:

@speakeasy14 -

Even if you are like the crypt keeper.....

• AlPacina said:

@speakeasy14 -

Even if you are like the crypt keeper.....

• @TwoDimes LINK and LINK 

@wink0erin OMG you are a genius! Shopping online with a Visa gift card is a pain in the butt anyway because you have to treat it like a credit card. So much easier to buy one or two gift cards and then put any overage on a legit credit card. 

@speakeasy14 LOL I considered two pairs of shoes too! So many options!

@labro Ugh, the naked fingers feeling is the worst! 

@AlPacina I was really bummed that most of the buildings from the World's Fair were burned too. I visited Chicago a few years ago for a conference and stayed at the Hilton directly across from the park where they held the World's Fair. It's a gorgeous park and a really nice walk. They have a replica of the statue there. As morbid as this sounds, I was more upset that they demolished the murder house. I would looooooove a tour of that place. A redditor just did a really amazing Kickstarter with a recreation of the layout of the house, and I contributed and got a puzzle of it. It hasn't been mailed yet, but here's the LINK to the Kickstarter.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards