Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Dinner Timing

Hey all, I've got a question about RD timing etiquette. Our rehearsal is at 6, so I wanted to have the dinner at 7. However, the restaurant I want to do it at can't do a group at that time. They can only do earlier. Would it be weird/bad etiquette to have the dinner at 4 and the rehearsal at 6?
I have 4 months so I do have time to find a new restaurant if this scenario would be rude.
I can't do the rehearsal earlier as the space is being used until we have it, otherwise I would change it to 5 and there would be no issue. 
Thanks for your responses!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Timing

• I would go with another restaurant if you could. A 4:00 dinner is awfully early and you'd be in a time crunch that might limit visiting if you have OOT guests that would like a social time.
  • What day of the week is your wedding, and what day would the rehearsal be? If it's a weekday, a 4:00 dinner would be a problem.
  • What day of the week is your wedding, and what day would the rehearsal be? If it's a weekday, a 4:00 dinner would be a problem.
    The wedding is on Saturday, and the rehearsal is on Friday. I am thinking it will be easier to just find another restaurant, as @ILoveBeachMusic suggests. Then we won't have to worry about how long we're there. 
  • That's pretty early for people to get there and to eat. I would find another restaurant.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Find another restaurant that will accommodate you after the rehearsal. 
  • Thanks guys! I figured it would make more sense to just switch. 
  • Ditto finding another restaurant.   It's far easier to time it so you get to the dinner with no other plans vs. try to force the restaurant to rush you.    Plus, a 4 PM dinner would have me hungry before bedtime. 
  • scribe95 said:
    Do you have a hotel block of any kind? We rented a conference space at our hotel and just catered in BBQ and the fixins'. Nothing fancy. Just tables and chairs and good food. But it worked wonderfully.
    We do have a hotel block, but I'm thinking of still having it at a restaurant. There is a Milestone's close by to the chapel so I'm calling them tonight. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards