Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Timing

Hey all, I've got a question about RD timing etiquette. Our rehearsal is at 6, so I wanted to have the dinner at 7. However, the restaurant I want to do it at can't do a group at that time. They can only do earlier. Would it be weird/bad etiquette to have the dinner at 4 and the rehearsal at 6?
I have 4 months so I do have time to find a new restaurant if this scenario would be rude.
I can't do the rehearsal earlier as the space is being used until we have it, otherwise I would change it to 5 and there would be no issue. 
Thanks for your responses!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Timing

• Options
    I would go with another restaurant if you could. A 4:00 dinner is awfully early and you'd be in a time crunch that might limit visiting if you have OOT guests that would like a social time.
  • Options
    What day of the week is your wedding, and what day would the rehearsal be? If it's a weekday, a 4:00 dinner would be a problem.
  • Options
    What day of the week is your wedding, and what day would the rehearsal be? If it's a weekday, a 4:00 dinner would be a problem.
    The wedding is on Saturday, and the rehearsal is on Friday. I am thinking it will be easier to just find another restaurant, as @ILoveBeachMusic suggests. Then we won't have to worry about how long we're there. 
  • Options
    That's pretty early for people to get there and to eat. I would find another restaurant.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Find another restaurant that will accommodate you after the rehearsal. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I figured it would make more sense to just switch. 
  • Options
    Ditto finding another restaurant.   It's far easier to time it so you get to the dinner with no other plans vs. try to force the restaurant to rush you.    Plus, a 4 PM dinner would have me hungry before bedtime. 
  • Options
    scribe95 said:
    Do you have a hotel block of any kind? We rented a conference space at our hotel and just catered in BBQ and the fixins'. Nothing fancy. Just tables and chairs and good food. But it worked wonderfully.
    We do have a hotel block, but I'm thinking of still having it at a restaurant. There is a Milestone's close by to the chapel so I'm calling them tonight. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards